How fast does a hobbit's metabolism move that they need to eat so much everyday?

How fast does a hobbit's metabolism move that they need to eat so much everyday?

Do you guys make hobbit players pay extra for their weekly/monthly food because of this?

Not very fast. Most are fat fucks

If they're small then don't they eat smaller portions? Maybe their meal schedule is simply more extended and ritualized snacking. It's not like someone half the size of a regular person is going to be eating a dozen regular person meals daily.

They're indulgent.
It's like...13(?) Meals a day, of those maybe 5 are regarded as a big meal akin to American dinners
In the books Aragon weaned them off fatfuckery onto what is implied to be a meal schedule and portions common for him(an exceedingly active human male)

They regularly eat two or three Cakes during a single one of their 6-a-day meals

6 Means
Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, and Supper

>hobbit players

Are there a lot of people out there who want to play hobbits? What's the appeal?

What about Elevensies?

Thing is, you can't use Aragon as a basis for the average human.
It's implied that he either temporarilly grew a foot taller in helms deep, or the legends are inaccurate.

First Breakfast
Second Breakfast
Elevensies (or however you spell it)
Lunch
Afternoon Tea
Dinner
Supper

Seven meals a day for a proper Hobbit diet.

This does not include the constant drinking and snacking hobbits do between meals.

Neither are proper meals.

>Checked

I knew about Elevensies, but I forgot the name, so I called it Brunch.

And is Afternoon Tea counted as a full Meal for Hobbits?

You bet your ass it is.

Turns out that the language they speak doesn't distinguish between Cakes and Cupcakes.

Bam. Problem solved

Or they are all just fat fucks
Which is what they are described as

I was about to say that. The size of a "cake" varies widely. In Europe I've seen small desserts that where simply referred to as cakes.

Both could be true. Each of those 6 meal could be a fraction of the size of an American meal with the cakes being cupcakes. And they would still be fatfucks because they're a fraction of the size of a human.

That's actually just a reasonably well-to-do Englishman's daily meal schedule circa 1850.
Break-Fast
Morning Tea
Pre-Noon Snack (Usually light and unoficial)
Luncheon
Afternoon Tea
Dinner
Supper
All small, but hardy meals, balanced out by an active schedule of excercise such as horseback riding, cricket, lawn games, fencing and/or sparring, and extended walkabouts through gardens or to communal centres such as the local Gentleman's Club.
Hobbits are basically caricatures of landholding English gentry from Tolkien's childhood, so many of their habits and characteristics are taken directly from Victorian British society.

What was fat in Tolkien's time would be normal or even thin today, and what he meant with the hobbits being fat was more along the lines of them being pudgy rather than downright obese. Also, the hobbits don't spend all day sitting on a cubicle. As lazy as Tolkien describes them most of them are bound to do some sort of manual labor for a living, so that alone gives them a fair amount of physical activity

>Mfw I said five official meals
>Mfw I forgot elevensies
How could I forget elevensies????

They do a large amount of physical exertion equivalent to a normal human every day.