What kind of deathtraps would a supervillain with present-day technology put in their lair...

What kind of deathtraps would a supervillain with present-day technology put in their lair? The more inefficient the better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4&ab_channel=Disturbed
youtube.com/watch?v=Cp7mM2TP_1A
youtube.com/watch?v=dSVkclnD3ds
youtube.com/watch?v=o8I7O4JJ1ko
youtube.com/watch?v=KgQAfNP0RNA
youtube.com/watch?v=e9xqdoDc3oI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd build the main lair centered on a Large Hadron Collider

You just have to have one room be a giant microwave oven.
Turning platter and everything.

A hallway that is 50 miles long with a door every 15 feet. The doors only open in one direction. You go through the first door and realize it can't be opened from the other side. You go through the next door hoping that it has more promise, etc.

Big projector screen on a wall, it projects the image of a hallway.

It doesn't actually kill them but they'd be really embarrassed when they run into it and maybe stub their toe or something.

A Ninja Warrior obstacle course over shark infested water.

I loved that fucking game, I used to make crazy trap palaces and shit.

A pit trap.
Just a plain dead fall pit trap.
Half-way down is a camera that snaps a photo of the victim and posts it to Instagram

Don't forget a high-speed camera to capture the moment in slow-mo, set to smooth jazz, and upload to youtube.

A row of motion-triggered MRI machines around the med-bay, because magnets are fun.

>smooth jazz
>not Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence

So, how about an iPad filled with highly addictive games?

>A row of motion-triggered MRI machines around the med-bay, because magnets are fun.

That is surprisingly evil. The hero with nipple rings certainly regrets fucking with you.

Okay so what I would do is have a room where two lasers shoot out of mounts in the wall. Only they aim at the eyes to permanently blind people. Then when the enemy spy is confirmed on the ground and screaming the lasers stop, carnival music plays, and a horde of clowns rush in to beat them to death with bowling pins.

An inescapable room with a vending machine that only stocks itself with hostess cake snacks, and the only source of water is red bull and vodka.

There are no napkins or cups, however there are waterless waste receptacles if the are needed.

I dig it, but wouldn't the clowns be lost on the blinded agent?

You could save money on clothes by just having regular mooks wear clown shoes and still get the feel-good moment of being beaten to death by clowns.

And the way out is a door with a fairly easy to pick lock.

No no no. Mad scientists have to have standards. Anyway maybe you video tape it.

The heroes walk into a room and all of the exits slam shut. Then a bunch of mooks teleport into the room. If they defeat all of the mooks the doors open back up and they can continue progressing.

>The hero with nipple rings certainly regrets fucking with you.
What about the hero with a Prince Johnson?

A really long, really fast escalator. With boulders rolling down. And frikkin' lazers.

Jews
Fags
Niggers

A camera that detects when the heroes make a step and plays a farting sound.

You fiend!!

SHARKS! WITH! FREAKING! LASER BEAMS!

Make sure you send it to the hero's family with a "Wish you were here" caption.

Yeah, but then it's defeated time and time again by a dedicated fireman.

This. Or mutated seabass.

I should play some Evil Genius again...

This

So a standard Dynasty Warriors game?

being microwaved would be a really horrible way to die actually

and the sharks have lasers attached to their heads

a chair you get strapped in with a youtube video playing in front, switching between different, obscure songs.

and ALL of them are labelled "Darude - Sandstorm"
Also, search engines are blocked, in case they get outta the chair and try to search the lyrics.

Get the unoffical patch

A really slow moving elevator. With reinforced ceiling and muzak that plays at ever increasing volume.

You monster.

That's almost as bad as the base where the hallway floors are made of legos

A room locked by a single computer with a dodgy keyboard that never quite registers every keystroke, and the password is 'The star spangled banner' typed in full, but only the ***** a pears on the text bar

Odorless hallucinogenic gas pumped into a long hallway (one mile at least) the heroes enter. Both doors, entrance and exit, lock only when they are about a third of the way through

Over the intercom, an urgent sounding message about a breach in the demonic containment center plays, cut off with a scream.

Misters in the ceiling spray sulfuric acid, making the room a burning hell, while small holes in the tiled floor leak oil to make footing treacherous.

The lights begin to flash red, off, red, off, red, off in strobe fashion.

A warped version of "Jesus Loves Me" plays via speakers, softly at first, but slowly increasing to deafening volumes. The lyrics start out normal, but get more nihilistic and nonsensical, with some parts of the song breaking off into children screaming and crying.

So eventually the heroes are seeing spiders in the flashes of hellish red-light while their skin is on fire, and a song about Jesus hating them plays amidst children screaming in agony.

Then the floor drops out, sending them tumbling down a dimly lit rocky pit laden with speaker that play Mark Hamil's Joker laugh forwards and backwards, with them landing in a pit of molten lava.

I call it, "The Hellway".

A room with too much electricty

A long hallway with huge fans that blow bees down it.

A line of fake TSA cehckpoints that loops in on itself.

An extremely long staircase that leads to an escalator that takes you down to where you started, while spraying carcinogenes into the air.

A slow, airtight elevator that goes to random floors regardless of what button you push, staffed by irradiated minions with gastrointestinal problems.

A pit trap with some ladders leading out. There's another pit trap just under the ladder. The pit trap leads to a basement bathroom so you land feet-first into a toilet bowl and break your ankles.

Secret passages containing chest-deep mud all the way through, and despite what the blueprints show they all lead to the main barracks.

Jet engines that sporadically shoot napalm and scissors down airvents. Most airwents end at knee height next to doors that someone with proper authorisation would be able to pass quickly.

The inner sanctum has a dumb waiter, but it doens't go anywhere and there's a security camera at the bottom. The caffeteria dumb waiter goes up ten meters then dumps whatever is in it into the caffeteria oven.

All employees use the executive bathrooms. Normal bathrooms are full of rabid apes.

Fire escape has lengths of floor covered in superglue and by security cameras.

>a Large Hadron Collider
The "Large Hadron Collider" is the name of that particular experiment, not a description of a generic device. It doesn't collide large hadrons (protons are actually the "smallest" baryon, in terms of mass), it is a hadron collider that is Largeā„¢.
There is a planned Very Large Hadron Collider as the "next step".

i have a very large hardon xdddd lol

>The Hellway
>Not Highway to Hell

Nono, you want them sent through a pneumatic tube system that dumps them directly in front of the entrance that they originally entered the hallway from.

Just don't forget tar and feathers

>murder rollercoasters
>electro-pools
>gas showers
>Nazi motorcyle axe guards on patrol for forbidden drinking cups
>Dan Schneider

A room filled with launchers of various types that launch the top 10 things that people are alergic to

A door that only opens when the cold (Packed in ice) steak grinder (footlong, extra-gluten bread, well-done steak, no sauce whatsoever) is entirely consumed by one person. Two people eating it, any additions to the sandwich, the sandwich reaching room temperature and/or any part of the sandwich hitting the floor triggers a basewide alarm.

fucking stupid.

you should

What is this shit? I just bought this game yesterday and now it shows up on Veeky Forums.

It's one of my favorite games of all time.

>Simon and Garfunkel's rendition of Sound of Silence
I preffer the newer version by Disturbed, its much more dramatic
here's it is
youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4&ab_channel=Disturbed

Impossible to tell since I can just open the door by removing the sandwich from the pedestal.

Hallway with carcinogenic and teratogenic fumes. Sure, it will do absolutely nothing in terms of preventing my defeat, but it will reduce the hero's quality of life afterwards.

I imagine you got some experience in the field of colliding hardons already, too.

A long hallway. At the midpoint, there is what looks to be a hastily, sloppily constructed, but sturdy looking barrier evidently constructed to hamper the PC's progress. However, upon even the most perfunctory of spot checks, one can notice there are a few barrels of explosives piled up against it. Firing at the explosives unleashes a massive fireball which takes out the barrier.

And locks the doors at both ends of the hallway as the halon fire suppression system activates.

My good friend, let me introduce you to the wares of Dahir Insaat, the most wonderful subcontractors to the criminally insane.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cp7mM2TP_1A
youtube.com/watch?v=dSVkclnD3ds
youtube.com/watch?v=o8I7O4JJ1ko
youtube.com/watch?v=KgQAfNP0RNA

Sure, some of their products are intended for use by normal humans, but by no means should be.

Holographic pink and teal card with a polaroid stuck to the front and VHS quality video inside that plays some uninspired muzak to the victim screaming "Ow stop it!" under a clatter of squeaks and poinks.

A long hallway, but not just any long hallway, a REALLY fucking long hallway. With the whole thing lit in such a way that you can't tell how far away the other end is.

Dahir Insaat is going to be a corporation in the next sci-fi or cyberpunk game.
>Conveyors and moving parts with multiple points of failure EVERYWHERE

Cameras and special sensors, baby.

It's like they took your average 5-8 year old and threw them in a room with nothing but How It's Made and Mountain Dew and Lucky Charms for a week and then asked them to design their next project.

Actually, screw that, they have a whole think tank composed of 1st and 2nd graders.

>forgetting the best one
youtube.com/watch?v=e9xqdoDc3oI

Truly a weapon to surpass metal gear.

Crushing wall trap. Nobody, even in media has figured that shit out. It's always some ass-pull that saves them.