>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20061010a&page=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anons, would you ever allow Pic Related to meet one another?
What were the results?

Injustice that's what.

Nope. To much effort for to little entertainment.

That is not Richard!

What are some additional perks that combine well with Crimson Saint + Minecraft crafting perks?

Sure. Clustered targets are easier to take out, after all.

I'm fond of Cobra-La Biotechnology, from G.I Joe. Lets you make biological versions of hard technology. Now, combine it with Future Society: Cybernetic, from Alpha Centauri. That lets you make a cyberware version of any tech you know. So turn magic into tech, tech into cyberware, and then cyberware into bioware. You could make any magical ability into a living organ. And of course, miniaturization abilities like School For Ants (SimAnt), Gadget Master (007) or Miniaturization and Efficiency (Worm) to shrink those organs into organelles. Give people mitochondria that can cast magic, reproduce Parasite Eve!

The results were a word, a word that has brought down civilization and even gods to their knees when uttered straight into their very soul by me. A word that has since been engraved onto my very being and origin

EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE

Doctor's Warning: Do not reproduce Parasite Eve without first checking with the thread. Doing so may lead to piles of melting people and evil opera singers.

Alchemy from Master of Magic lets you transmute mana to gold and the other way around without loss.
Combine it with Minecraft's matter fabrication (Industrialcraft iirc, Equivalent Exchange also works) for infinite mana.
Equivalent Exchange in general is awesome. You can build some pretty neat artifacts with it, transmute matter and become invulnerable as long as you have energy to burn.
Channeler from the same jump halves the costs to maintain magical spells, so you can save a lot if you convert technological stuff to magic.

side effects may include midichlorians.

Arcane from Smite

Gift of Chao from Negima

Equivalent Exchange and Mystcraft worlds from Minecraft

Link in Populous magic with Conjoined Conjures to become a living mana well.

Conjoined Conjures from Card Captor Sakura lets you replicate any magical effect you're capable of as technology (and hand it out to your friends).

Wait what? Are you sure you don't mean ensoul?

Can't you just have infinite mana with EE anyway?
Or would you need a perk for universal mana/energy application?
Could you not merge the systems with Conjoined Conjures to make EE energy work as mana?

kingdom hearts question: if you don't have the sword you want to import yet at the time of the kingdom hearts jump would ominous hammer,Armsfusion crafter from Aion tower of Eternity jump and/or the Oath keeper perk
from Kingdom hearts help you make it into your key blade/make your key blade into it?
and if So with that impart a CP warranty as well?

I'd reread the perk, broptimus prime.

You'd probably need Conjoined Conjures to get EMC to fuel non-alchemical magic and devices, yeah.

He's talking about in combination with Crimson Saint. Read the post he's linking to.

Sailor Moon Universe-
0/1500
Rolled for Nerima
Rolled for 18
Sailor Senshi-Wait, this doesn't turn me female? Hilarious
Rolled for Robin's Egg Blue and Gold as my colors
Free Catch That Youma!
Discount Hit Me If You Can
Discount Miss Fortune(or is that Sir Prize?)
Ahahaha, Nope!
Destiny-Sense
Subplot Sense
Free Disguise Compact

See, The Thing About Miniskirts Is+200
Paragon+300- "Love and Justice speeches" like that's a bad thing?

Squeeze this right inbetween Generic Magical Girl and Madoka.

Also yes, the half-bishe, half-bara looking motherfucker that is Justice will be wearing the damn miniskirt

There's a perk for that in storm hawks jump.

Sure doesn't read like that.

>>the half-bishe, half-bara looking
how does that work?

Not a perk, but that perk combo would be ridiculously powerful in any space sci-fi jump.

I can imagine somebody touching the Light of Terra, then deciding 'Yeah, I have enough mana to cast this as a spell.' however the fuck that would work.

Sorry, i should have clarified: Crimson Saint lets you make any magic you have as an item, which anyone can use as long as 1. You or them can do the magic without it 2. there's enough energy from somewhere.
Linking the magic system in question with Minecraft magic via Conjoined Conjures lets them use Equivalent Exchange style mana batteries for the 2nd requirement, which are kind of ridiculous.

EE energy units aren't really "mana", or at least that's how i play it. You either need some way to transform it (Storm Hawks has a perk for that) or link the magic system with Minecraft magic.

The problem with EE energy is that it needs items to work. Storage devices, matter transmuters, the various artifacts you can create. There is no direct spellcasting in EE.

Alchemy lets you convert that energy to gold and store it in your warehouse for quick access if you want to cast spells directly.

Fuck if I know. I just don't know if there is a word for something in-between, and I have aspects of both

I'm pretty sure that would just be an ordinary human man.

I'm pretty sure that's a normal looking guy since bishes are kind of feminine and bara s abnormally masculine. Or is it That you are vertically asymmetrical from skipping leg day and waxing From the Pelvis down?
That's where I thought but then why didn't Justice say it that way?

>The problem with EE energy is that it needs items to work. Storage devices, matter transmuters, the various artifacts you can create. There is no direct spellcasting in EE.

Well, that works fine for most jumpers, considering most of us aren't Casters, as much as we are Artificers. Almost all of us who work with magic will at least partially integrate magitech into our repertoires, and we often find ourselves preferring to work with mana not our own, or at least, mana outside our bodies.

Or you could do like that guy from last thread. Make a fuckhueg mechanized mana generator linked into an artifact so you can just draw all the power you want whenever you want. But then you have the opposite problem of not having normal power only magic power.

Yeah, but mana can be turned into conventional power pretty easily. Lots of spells that produce heat, electricity, momentum, light... Plenty of options for using magic to generate conventional energy. They tend to be pretty high-efficiency, too.

>I just don't know if there is a word for something in-between

JoJo-esque would work here.
Or maybe Armstrong-esque. FMA Armstrong.

Moreover, just as easily you can take that perk in storm hawks for universal energy application.

>JoJo-esque
That....actually kind of works, yeah.

Fair enough.

It is safer that way. If your mana generator, battery, crystal, what have you goes nova you can chuck it at your enemy as a last fuck you. You can also integrate them into your machines easier.

Having only internal mana means you cannot as easily power everything.

However now that we have plug n play from neo heisei we can shove a magic crystal into our tech instead of a power pack. So win win for the magitech jumpers.

Yeah, but that perk is really low efficiency when converting between physical and magical energy. I think it would be easier to just use magic to produce angular momentum and have that turn a generator.

It's only fine if you have an item on hand that actually casts the spell you need.
Otherwise all your EE energy won't help you if you need to cast that Teleport or whatever NOW but you're out of mana.
Also waving around your magical staff or whatever isn't always practical. Internal magic use is far more subtle.

Most dedicated magic users just know so many spells that turning all of them into items is kind of impractical.
Having a ready-made way to fill up your own mana pool is certainly easier, and having a way to just make some gold from thin air when you need some ready cash on hand doesn't hurt either.

Turning magic into electricity is easy. Hell, you already have Crimson Saint. Just build a magitech generator that uses mana to cast a lightning spell.
Or build something that uses mana to create whatever fuel you use. Crimson Saint + EE can do that too.

Fabulous Custodes?

Green Lantern Universe-
0/1500
Green Lantern-I get a Blue Lantern Ring in DC. This is perfect!
Human, Age is mid-20s
Free Indomitable Willx1, Purchase Twice
Indomitable Hopex3
Indomitable Lovex3
Free Beginner's Luck
Discount Thinking Outside Of The Box
Discount Quip
Discount That Should've Blown Your Arm Off!
Free Green Lantern Ring and Battery

Most Wanted+300-Fuck you Red Lanterns
Strange Customs+100
3DCG+100

>It's only fine if you have an item on hand that actually casts the spell you need.
Not that big an issue, since the most common solution to that is to have an implement that feeds the mana into the artificer and their tools.

It's not like you'd have specific items that cast individual spells either. At most, you'd have one that can cast a variety of spells, if not all the ones you know, pre-programmed.

Human? Not justice given physical form as a manlike being of pure justice?

TFW you realize the if the Emperor had a text-to-speech device jump will never be approved or Finished

I prefer spellcasting to magitech.

I don't think there is an Alien Race that is a manlike embodiment of Justice.

Okey

Well the nump says you can be whatever but you would have stats roughly the same as a human. It says you could be made of cardboard, math, colors if you want but you would have human like stats.

I really want to jump that universe. . .

As long as it has human stats it works, since the Various Lantern cores will allow cardboard boxes,house cats,viruses, robots, mathematical concepts,whales,etc.

Jumpers! What is your favorite spell system and why?

Alchemy isn't really an expensive perk. Sure, you don't NEED it, but it certainly doesn't hurt to pick it up.
Any serious mage should jump MoM anyway just for the ability to project spells globally and cast really big spells piece-by-piece instead of all at once, which you get free.
Everything else in that jump is just a bonus.

ar ton

So do I, but it was declared a power grab despite being a complete removal of Abilities Gauntlet with an inbuilt mechanism for Challenges, and granted some of them were a little strong but everything was balanced for 40 K and you were stripped of all previous abilities and given ridiculously hard challenges like capturing traitor primarchs and bringing them to the throne room and such

In terms of the system itself, probably Elder Scrolls. I just like it, not sure why. In terms spells, D&D wins hands down. I love the variety of effects in it.

Merlin Universe-
0/1800
Rolled for 24
Knight
Free Chivalry
Discount Authority
Discount Loveable Prat
Discount Paragon
Discount Charisma of Kings
Discount The Once and Future King
Just a Humble Servant
Free Knight's Gear
Discount Dragon-Forged Weapon

Known Warlock+300
Heretic+300
Warlock With a Grudge+200

I REALLY wanted the Drop-in Capstone, and Druid's "Fisher King". But I couldn't make room for them

If I have a companion with omega adaptive evolution from x-men and quantum evolution from worm and power combinations can they recall mutations from quantum evolution?

Nanoha style casting is best. No incantations, no material components, big power, versatile range of effects from communication to mobility to combat, can relatively easily create your own spells. Theoretically Nanoha magic can do everything.

Also flashy magic circles and fuckhuge beams of power.

I'm not a spell guy I'm a special abilities guy, I delegate magic to mother box.

I really need to work out a way to bottle miniature galaxies for consumption. Or at least make a drink that mirrors various views of the universe.

Rick and Morty has that kind of science

If you're going to say that, then I'll just counter and say that populous is probably just as important just because of the power of worship.

Shadowcasting. I fucking love the progression from Not!Arcane Spell > Spell-like Ability > Supernatural Ability, and Sustaining Shadow's advancement is really cool and lets me abuse the Drop-In perk from Touhou based on Rumia.

Plus, it gives me the D&D magic experience without falling into the pit of "I can do too much to keep track of it all individually conveniently, but not enough I can say I can do everything".

Maybe someone will start a new jump there. . . Hopefully. Eventually.

Tell me about this shadowcasting.

>Maybe someone will start a new jump there. . . Hopefully. Eventually.

it's Got a work in progress by a jump maker who is still around so it's Claimed and hard,no one else can touch it.

You can get that from MoM too.

Eww. Not only is it weak as fuck, it also has all the clunkiness of D&D style casting without any of the power or versatility of the same.

why can't the Captain delete the corruptedtext! Kingsman jump?

I still prefer the D&D magic I picked up in Forgotten Realms. Sorcerer/Wizard/Ultimate Magus just allows for so much power and flexibility, even compared to other systems. FFTA is usually my back-up, but it's really only useful in battle.

Admittedly, neither are the flashiest magic in the universe, but I picked them for power over style.

True but for some reason actually having miniature universes as something I literally drink seems immoral. I would probably put a few bottles up on the wall but unless I could figure a way to make there be no life in them I dont think I would actually sell them.

And why do we have Harry Potter in the imageless folder.

I'm not knowledgeable of all spell systems, but of the ones I know of, Inheritance is my favorite.

It's not even really magic, closer to some sort of psychic power system, but I've always loved the concept.

Plus the sheer flexibility: pump in enough energy and you can do whatever the fuck you want. Well, that and the energy storage system that it's coupled with.

you don't have to have life in them, that only happened because that specific Rick compressed time inside the microuniverse battery so that sapient Life with Evolve, there probably going to be good for at least 30 years,but it's going to be very hot when you pour It out so you're going to want to have some kind of fire immunity.

>Ultimate Magus
What is this thing?

MAGIC NIGGUH

Jumpers have you ever finished a mega project and realized, if i turn this on I and this multiverse will explode?

What are the best perks/magic systems for reviving people?

spontaneous arcane/prepared arcane theurge prestige class.

Magika has the honey badger of revive spells, it doesn't give a fuck.

Is that the class I would want if I wanted to spontaneous cast the spells from my wizard list?

archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20061010a&page=3

It's basically if a Wizard and a Sorcerer had a baby, only to have it be more powerful than either alone. You lose a little of the higher end casting, but gain all kind of flexibility and a lot more power. You can even drop spells to spontaneously add Metamagic Feats to spells, which leads to all kinds of craziness when you're bored.

You /know/ it's a good prestige class when the DM goes "WTF" after I announce which spell I'm casting.

It doesn't allow that. You still have to study your wizard spells.

True Resurrection can bring back anyone who died within a couple centuries, no body needed.

It's the thing a D&D class called Shadowcaster does. Technically it's invocation but- anyway, you can get it from the Forgotten Realms jump. It basically makes you a dude who learns the true power and secrets of darkness and lets you attune yourself to the Plane of Shadow. The mysteries you invoke are... well, they're basically refluffed Arcane spells. You also literally start becoming one with the Shadows, making you immune to poison and disease, and reducing your biological needs as you grow in power, eventually allowing you to go without any sort of sustenance or rest permanently. Like I said before, the better you get at it, the easier it is to do the lower stuff. So your lower level mysteries become spell-like abilities (no XP/gold/material costs or components- you just think hard enough and it happens, they also can't be counterspelled) once you progress enough, then they become supernatural abilities (can't be resisted, can't be countered, can't be dispelled, and you don't even have to concentrate to use them).

I don't care. Non-gimmicky D&D magic is versatile enough I'll almost always have an answer to shit, but not enough I can just handwave it and will need to trawl my spell list for what I can actually do.

If I wanted versatility, I'd go for Dresden Files/Discworld/King Arthur. I ain't got time for that shit.

Are there any limits, like how long a person has been dead or how many can be brought back?

I hate using that one.
Not because of the spell itself, but just because the jump author was such a smug fucking cock about it.

Not that user, but are there any OTHER good revive spells that won't trigger my autism?

It. Doesn't. Give. A. Fuck.

Where is that from?

>6th level casting
Worthless.

Yes. That is why I add all kinds of failsafes and do a small scale test in one of the mini universes.

I'm just asking because I'm not entirely familiar with the setting.

D&D style True Resurrection needs diamond dust to work (but you can get around that), but it can revive even peope that have been dead for hundreds of years or that have no physical remains left - you just need to identify them somehow.
It does have 2 limits - the target can't have died of old age and the soul must be free and willing to return.
There's also True Reincarnate which doesn't have the old age problem and gives the target a new body at young adult age.

Eh, Ultimate Magus is strictly inferior to the FR-exclusive Incantatrix. Or Hathran, because Circle Magic is overpowered as fuck.

And any wizard can get spontaneous casting by picking up the Uncanny Forethought feat.

It has none, which Magicka / Mal was very, VERY keen on spurging about in thread.

It is a one at a time rez with no limitations, or to put it more simply. . . it gives no fucks.

well, if you had the versatile spellcasting feat from races of dragon book, you could spontaneously convert to spellslots into a spell you know of a higher level. Fun to get as a wizard with spontaneous divination. There are so many shenanigans that can be pulled in so many ways in d&d building.

None whatsoever, and you don't even have to be in line of sight. Even if that person was completely erased from existence on the sixth moon of Endor which then exploded, it brings them back instantly.

incantatrix is lovely other than the giving up schools of magic parts.

They were part of the problem the plan was to add shrunken miniverse batteries hooked to mantra generators to my cells as a new organelle then use a fusion perk to combine with the storm hawks energy converter so i can funnel the excess into other energies i can use.

Y'all are weirdly autistic about stupid shit.

You can get around that with feats. Or you could, but some schools of magic are so shit that giving them up isn't much of a problem. Who honestly needs Evocation when you can do 90% of the school with Shadow Evocation and its variants from the Illusion school?