Rawr rawr I'm so le angry look I'm a wannabe viking and my parents didn't love me

>Rawr rawr I'm so le angry look I'm a wannabe viking and my parents didn't love me

the faction

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xBcJZ3-cJKc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the memes jack

I mean, honestly I never knew "parents didn't love me" was a big part of Chaos fluff. Back when I was playing, the whole back story for one of the Chaos Lords was that he was a father driven by his love for his son, iirc.
Honestly, they were one of the more interesting Evil factions I've run into. Yeah, they're bad news, but like real world raiding cultures they tend to live in a harsh, shitty territory and so killing people and taking their stuff is one of the best ways to survive.
They consider themselves blessed because their gods interact with them very directly, and they feel that their lives always have meaning as a result. And hell, they actually make peace and trade with other factions from time to time, it's just that when an Archaon kind of dude shows up, well then it's time to honor the Gods and destroy the civilized world.
Despite the spikes and skulls, they always came off to me as in fact a very un-Edgy faction.

>Leddit raiding Veeky Forums now

When will it end!?!

LMAO are you implying fucking vikings lived in harsh territory?

>Followers of the lesser gods thinking that they are any better

>bumping this thread
supporting quality posting

Huh. My understanding was that Norway, at least, was pretty rough land back then, like the Scottish Highlands and the Great Plains in America. None of them were total wastelands, but they also weren't exactly places you could depend on easy resource gathering, and so one of the best ways to deal with a poor harvest/sickness in the herd/what have you was to go and take shit from other people, hence developing really solid skills for doing that in each of those cultures. Maybe I've been misinformed?

It's quite possible that you're retarded I bet you think monastery and village raids involved heroic battles as well.

It kind of depended on where you were from. Denmark, where that picture is from, has some really nice farmland, as does a lot of southern Sweden and Norway. They also have really harsh winters that can prove to still be quite taxing even with the fertile farms. Other places that vikings settled, Iceland and Greenland for example, were huge shitholes with awful agriculture that relied on whaling more than any sedentary population really should. Hoe necessary raiding was depended a lot on how far north you were.

They did. They were poor, had few natural resources, and it was considerably colder at the time.

What a fucking waste land. There isn't a Mall or an Arcade in sight.

Actually during viking age it was warmer but keep making shit up about your le ebin northern warriors who lived in Siberia and killed heavily armed monks and fierce farmers.

Or a camp full of refugees.

>File: 146
nice try

>but keep making shit up about your le ebin northern warriors who lived in Siberia and killed heavily armed monks and fierce farmers.
Nobody has suggested anything of the sort, and while the arctic was warmer than it was before or after the Viking Age, it wasn't warmer than now, and there's little suggesting the area around Denmark was warmer. It was not a uniformly warmer climate, in fact it was on average colder. Central Europe, for example, was colder than it is nowadays, and estimates have it that Denmark and southern Sweden experienced colder climate.

>pretty rough land
>the Great Plains
>The area that produces about a third of the entire worlds food supply

Just play as someone else

>I don't understand how agriculture works

The Great Plains were practically inhabitable until the discovery of the Ogallala Aquifer. Before that it was practically impossible to farm due to the incredibly dry conditions.

>inhabitable
fuck, meant uninhabitable

>wannabe viking
But real vikings were shit. Chaos warriors are superhuman killing machines

Chaos riders are cool

"fuck these weak southlanders, let's go steal their shit, kill their men and rape their women lol"
"Totally, man, for the gods and shit rite?"
"For the gods and the riches, but mostly riches"

Chaos marauders literally are the no fucks given faction

They give a lot of fucks about loot and bitches though.

Picking through the contents of graves and stomachs of preserved bodies, there really wasn't a lot of food to eat, and what there was wasn't great. The Bronze age was awesome, sure, but after that it was shit.

There's a reason the Judes, Cimbrians, Teutons and Anglos all left and that the Danes kept going shopping elsewhere. Large parts of Denmark consists of sand washed off of Norway during the iceage. Hell, even as I sit here in Denmark during what is considered summer, the sky has been grey for a week and a half now and it keeps pouring down. The weather in this country is completely impossible to anticipate, seasons often mean jack shit.

This Swede does have a point. youtube.com/watch?v=xBcJZ3-cJKc

You sound underage I bet niggers impress you as well since they also steal and rape.

>Danskjävlar!

Niggers only survive on welfare, Marauders survive on strength and glory.

>The Great Plains was generating a third of the world's food supply on its own before anyone even showed up

Except losing. They care a lot about losing.

And backstabbing. And prophecy. And any discussion that doesn't end with someone getting stabbed in the face.

Wow killing some farmers such strenght and glory lmao.

Marauders kill more than farmers.
Professional soldiers, elves, dwarfs and monstrous beasts, all fall before hordes of Chaos.