- Dust Chamber [200 left]
- Aura Focus [125 left]
- Cash [Free Drop-In]
- Novels [100 left]
- Aura for Everybody [0 left]
- Move On

>"Hawkmon, I have a question."

>"Yes?"

>"If I have you Digivolve to Aquilamon or Armor Digivolve to Halsemon, how far will you be able to fly, and how quickly, before you have to revert to your base form?"

>"A while, but why do you ask?"

>"This broadcast. This tournament. Something is wrong here. Something is happening."

>"Shall we, then?"

>"First, I need to learn which way this 'Vale' is."

>1. Samurai Jack
>2. Sekirei
>3. Generic Parenting Jump
>4. Showa Kamen Rider
>5. Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei
>6. Divinity: Dragon Commander
>7. Spice and Wolf
>8. Nichijou

So looking over last thread, people briefly talked about Wizards casting spontaneously like sorcerers and mechanics for that. Since magic gets borked in the jump at one point, it sounds like the Slayer's Handbook would let you rewrite how magic works to let Wizards cast spontaneously. What possible problems might one run into and how might they be solved if so? Consider me green as grass when it comes to 3.5

Is Wild Card here?

I am. What's up?

Could you please change the mandatory nerf in Fallout into an optional drawback?

If you clone a companion will their clone be a companion as well or would you need to buy a companion perk/ blue feather?

Or would it be easier to build cryo pods yourself and stick them inside?

Didn't take long.

Allow me to answer for him.

No.

Jumpers, I ask of you; what is you most devastating weapon? Mine is pic related.

I thought that last question was fishy...

The clone will be a companion, too. All sapient beings that you or a companion create are also companions. And you can't build your own Stasis Pods, they're Benefactor fiat and not real technology.

Why? There's no good reason for it existing.

I recognize that I really shouldn't laugh at this, but I can't help it.

Honestly, the Slayer's Handbook is a perfect solution if you get caught in Forgotten Realms during the years magic goes haywire. You could allow Wizards direct access to arcane energies instead of having to ritualistically study their spells. Really, it's a pretty elegant solution all things considered.

That said, the various Gods of Forgotten Realms are going to be ALL kinds of interested in who is messing with the rules of creation. Not all of them are going to be entirely pleased at your interference, especially considering the messy circumstances that will be going on at the time. Things will be too unsettled to expect direct retribution from the many deities immediately, but after things settle down, you will be found, you will be questioned, and you very likely will be found wanting.

I did the SAME thing during my own time in Forgotten Realms. The only reason I got around the whole pissed deity situation was by writing into existence a new god of the Arcane and making him more powerful than the others. It honestly wasn't the best solution, but it was fairly early in my Chain and I honestly didn't know what I was doing with the Slayer's Handbook.

That's a horrible, insidious, dangerous weapon that few can match. Personally, I prefer cutting remarks about my opponent's character that contain truths I have to right knowing.

Nor has there been for a long long time, but I highly doubt he's going to change it now.

My wife!
My Legos are purely for keikaku.

Because fuck you that's why.

A Sphere of Annihilation I picked up in Dragonlance.

Guys. Please. Don't do this. Nothing good will come of it. Just ignore him.

Assuming you're a Keyblade Wielder, but don't take mage tree perks, what can you potentially learn to do with magic?

Ignore it if you don't like it, he refuses to comment on that subject in any way so don't bother. And before you start don't bother complaining about his lack of comment, that is also pointless and we have been through this too many times already.

>You could allow Wizards direct access to arcane energies instead of having to ritualistically study their spells
Isn't the whole reason they have to do that because they used to not have to and accidentally broke reality?

Who is it that has the Text to Speech Device jump in development hell? Are you ever going to do anything with it? If not are you willing to release the claim so that someone else can?

You really shouldn't have to be forced to ignore something like this. I just don't see why he just won't change it if practically everyone agrees that it's a bad idea.

It's an elegant solution, but I never once said it was a good idea. Even I, with all my experimental fuckery with the Slayer's Handbook, didn't try to alter the way Wizards access their spells.

You're probably right, though I'm not up on my Forgotten Realms lore enough to say for certain. Breaking reality sounds like something Wizards would do with unlimited power.

I agree but yelling at him has been tried before, excessively in fact, and it never changes anything. Just drop it.

The creator was from Spacebattles, and never even posted it in the thread or responded to criticism. It's up for grabs, unless the thread suddenly changed it's mind on something.

No one's yelling here. He just flat out refuses to discuss it in any form, and that's childish and pig-headed.

>That said, the various Gods of Forgotten Realms are going to be ALL kinds of interested in who is messing with the rules of creation.
They fuck up so horribly and so often that you'd think they'd be used to it by now. Having said that, being in Faerun during one of the big events, Spellplague, Time of Troubles, etc, is particularly shitty.

Again I agree but since it never accomplishes anything it should just be dropped.

He has discussed it.

The discussion was no.

Now stop being a faggot.

For something actually legitimate, you know the soul corruption from killing in Dresden Files is all about enjoying it, right? I mean, you're breaking the law as the wizards see it regardless, but you're not actually becoming a sociopath unless you enjoyed the act. Just killing people in self defense or hell, by accident and not deriving a positive reaction from it is metaphysically harmless (To you, it empowers evil in general.)

Wildcard refuses to change the jump.
It's as simple as that.
It's fucking retarded, but nobody else can change the jump, which means it won't be changed, which means that this entire line of questioning is pointless.

> A few decades ago, this would be the part where I get immeasurably butthurt
In fairness, they're not ONLY used for light. There's also the flip side, darkness. This guy here, in the picture? He has a keyblade, and he's basically the series' biggest jackass, and the basis for the perk Me, Myself, and I.
That said, he seems to be the only wielder who embraces darkness. It's likely you have to get chosen first and fall later.

And, given your whole thing was the shunning of emotions of any kind, yeah, you'd probably still be pretty butthurt. There's not really a cold logic option for keyblades.

> But now I'm merely...curious, as to how such an artifact might affect a being composed primarily of malevolent narrative.
Well, Maleficent gets her heart unlocked in the first game, and she's basically nothing but a bitch core surrounded by a cloak of bitch. It fully unlocks the darkness in her heart and she turns into her bigass dragon form and starts mindlessly rampaging.
Sora also unlocks his own darkness shortly after, and turns into a tiny Shadow Heartless for a short segment of the game, the very weakest type of Heartless.
I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to unlock the light. I've never seen it happen, but then I've only played the console games and there are a lot for handhelds with relevant story material.

It's not like Zelda or some shit where the handheld games can be ignored, they go into a lot of supplementary plot detail.

What's sharper than a max durability jumper's bones?

Answer: Fucking nothing.

It was one guy one time, don't blame us all for that.

King Micky's keyblade is also of darkness even if he himself is not.

Just go look at what Sora does.

It's basically 40k.

Fuck, I think 40k has a +0 drawback where shit like that can be allowed.

Goddesses, no sense of right and wrong.

Don't forget that, though very rare, there are keyblades to Twilight too, the mixing of both light and dark.

>>They fuck up so horribly and so often that you'd think they'd be used to it by now.
I know, right? Some of them make Zeus look responsible by comparison. Unfortunately, they still get quite upset when mortals dare to tread on their realm even a little.

Hell, a few of them have been known to screw over mortals for simply daring to be particularly good at something. Rolling anything higher than a 40 or 50 in any skill check /guarantees/ a god or goddess is going to stop what they're doing to take a peek at you.

True, but it is an interesting version of 40K.

Actually, it is more like this user said:
It's just... not many people in Pokemon have time or want or dedication to train these powers unless they already got powers. I mean, it is like more advanced martial arts in terms of seeing your progress. It's hard to learn and unlike regular martial arts, it is way harder to see progress at first so you get demotivated and thus stop training

Yeah, jumping to Faerun as a late jumper is more dangerous than people think. Not because of the creatures and the like, but because of the gods and how particular they are.

>That said, he seems to be the only wielder who embraces darkness. It's likely you have to get chosen first and fall later.
iirc, Xehanort implies that the Keyblade War involved Wielders aligned to both Dark and Light. It's really more than the Dark ones were extinct up until Xehanort fell.

Also whatever happened to that KH phone game with the keyblade factions?

>Also whatever happened to that KH phone game with the keyblade factions?

Kingdom Hearts Chi. As far as I know, it's still being updated.

I just mean lore wise, what has it revealed to us?

When will we have Enter the Gungeon jump/gauntlet?

>phone game

How powerful are the D&D gods anyways? City-busting?

When you make it.

Omnipotent in their home planes.

No idea, someone was working on it, then they gave up a few days later. Make the thing yourself if you want.

Depends on the setting.

My cutting insults.

It's a web browser thing actually. Coded was the mobile game. Before it was remade on the DS.

I went with the spiritual corruption interpretation for a number of reasons. We see it happen in the books with Molly, albeit with mental corruption - but there's no reason to suspect it's only with that kind of magic. Nor is there any reason to suspect she enjoyed fucking with her friend's brain. We also see it with the Wardens - they refuse to ever kill with magic, even known Lawbreakers. Even killing in self defense requires a patron. We also see it in how Harry talks about magic - how it requires you to believe what you're about to do should happen, so you believe fundamentally in destroying life with life.

Finally, and most importantly, I used the roleplaying game to help me flesh out a lot of the Jump's mechanics. That's why you can take a Job Offer, and do partial Choices as a Changeling. The way it handles Lawbreaking is that you lose a point of Refresh (aka, your free will) for an ability that makes your Lawbreaking stronger, and one of your Aspects gets replaced by a Lawbreaker aspect, and it keeps happening the more you break that law. It goes into a lot of detail on how to recover from it, if at all, but once you break the law you are a Lawbreaker, full stop.

Just carry a sword. There's no law governing kneecaps.

How about outside their planes?
And are they actually Omnipotent? Considering that you can actually become a god after the jump, that would open up some interesting opportunities.

>I cast key

Thanks for answering, and for the suggestion! Might need to write in some underlying mechanics in light of that and the concerns of and . Although perhaps just to the point where it stops being relevant after I leave. From what I've been looking up it seems to be a particularly awful place all around.

Well that takes the cake then. Anti dickery measures will be implemented.

I can't disprove that on my own.
Speaking of which, a question for all the Brush Gods up in here.
What was your aspect?

I took song, and I imported Swiss Army Wife as the Brush Goddess of disguise. We made a theater troupe that spread Ammy's story even faster. And dragged ours up with it.

They're not omnipotent in their own planes. It's retarded to state that. The highest of them, guys like Ao might have that claim in their own plane but the normie gods in dnd and fr do not in the slightest.

Outside of their planes they are much weaker. They can be killed then, but, it doesn't stick except in certain circumstances.

You don't know how a god's realm in DnD works. It's basically putty to them and they are aware of all that occurs within it.

I don't know. I want to say magic, but I'm not sure that's kosher.

I know how it works. It's still not omnipotence in there.

So outside of KH, what does using Corridors of Darkness to travel between worlds entail?

Is it traveling to alternate universes?

>Sadly I don't know enough of the story or the setting to write up anything good.
Geneforge is a terrible place to go so early. The very first monsters you encounter can kill you in 1 hit on normal difficulty. The only way to survive as a Shaper is to sneak around, stay far away from enemies and have your creations do everything.

In their home planes where they usually reside? Unassailable except by another deity. They are omnipotent and immortal to all but the most absolutely devastatingly powerful effects. They are still able to be killed, but hoooooooly shit, just don't. Just don't. They literally know exactly what is happening in every square centimeter of their own realms and can teleport freely around them. Many of them get extra power boosts just from being there.

Outside of their home planes, it varies based on the setting, but they are still nothing anyone but a God would want to offend at all. D&D gods have Divine Ranks, kind of like everyone else has Levels. Divine Rank 1 is some already nutty amounts of power. Tossing around Epic Level spells each round kind of nuts. Most gods, depending on which one they are and what setting you're in, vary between Divine Rank 10 to 20.

Oh, fun fact, at Divine Rank 1, you can tell whenever someone speaks you name anywhere in the multiverse. That doesn't mean you have to pay attention, but it is worth noting that you probably shouldn't shout out the Deities names like swear words.

I would like to add the caveat that it has been several years since I've taken a good hard look at the rules for Gods and Deities, so forgive me if I've overstated anything, but these are the facts as near as I can remember them.

Oh, you're quite welcome. Anti-dickery measures are absolutely necessary no matter where you mess around with the Slayer's Handbook. May your efforts be more successful than my own.

You don't know how a god's realm works. What they get is hilariously far from omnipotence. Go read the actual thing you mong d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm

>there's no reason to suspect it's only with that kind of magic.
Except it's bound to intent. It's spelled out that mental corruption corrupts you back.

>Wardens
Following the laws.

>Lawbreakers
Conditioning. If you're told doing this fucks you up, you'll avoid it if you can.

>Tabeltop
Not canon. It's fine to draw data from it, but adding restrictions on top of that and defying canon? It makes no sense.

>Carry a sword.
Not the point. The point is that killing only corrupts if you enjoy the act. This is explained in Fool Moon. There's no reason to add dumb baggage just because your personal morals.

What about performance enhancing magics that make us faster stronger or quicker on the draw? At the end of the day its mundane weapon but what of the wielder? Will they still get corrupted.

Rock. If you need to ask, the answer is both.

You ever think up that name?

Divine Rank 1 does not give anywhere near that power. That level of power generally comes from the fact that gods have 20-50 character levels, putting them easily in epic levels. Again, that is not anywhere near how divine realms work.

Hey KOTOR, I don't mean to bother you, but ive been gone for a while and was wondering if you've given any updates on the OT jump lately?

My bad, they have at least 20HD as outsiders and THEN 30 to 50 levels on top of that. Divine Ranks give some great boosts but you two above are vastly overstating it.

Hello jumpers! I'm here to ask what i usually ask every now and then on a daily check up.

What can kill you jumper?

Not "tax your abilities", not "be a close call", outright destroy you, with no chances of coming back. The multiverse has many heralded apocalypses. whats yours?

Just pick up one the anti-corruption perks in Spyro or Once Upon A Time and kill to your heat's content.

I'm worried about canon here, bro. It's about more than what happens to me.

Also Wild Card has said your anti-corruption perks don't work against this.

I didn't take any, instead I was the Priest to my Companions. They were (not sure if this kosher, but):
- Japanese Wagtail: Creation
- Cat: Transformation
- Bat: Destruction
- Shiba Inu: Time

The aspects are super finicky, and I'm only just trying to figure it out. But think of the lifespan of anything, that's their aspect and it can only affect what Wagtail created.

That's pretty dumb. The OUAT one explicitly works on very similarly corruptive and addictive dark magic.

As I said, it has been years since I looked at the rules. Since I'm guessing you were the one who linked them here , I can see that I was mistaken. I did not see your posts as I was typing.

There is little need to be so hostile about the matter. I stand corrected. The SRD you posted is indeed accurate about Divine Ranks.

Still, beings with 20 HD of Outsiders then up to 50 class levels on top of that are not to be fucked with in the slightest, regardless of their Divine Rank.

Oh, I'm no harder to kill than Wolverine with a 1-Up Shroom. I've only ever taken one regeneration perk and the 1-Up from Scott Pilgrim. The multiverse has come close to murdering me any number of times. Admittedly, various disease and parasite immunities keep some of the simpler stuff at bay, but I'm still pretty mortal for being 25 Jumps in.

>Also Wild Card has said your anti-corruption perks don't work against this.
No he did not. He said why do you care, which is also stupid.

Ah, you remembered!
Yeah, I just decided to steal the Japanese name for Ninetales, Kyukon.
Grudges are fun!

False, and even if he did he can't make rulings on other peoples' perks.

A good amount of anti-magic fields and a point-blank nuclear strike. ...or even just a magical nuke. ...or even just completely destroying my head if they applied enough force.

Really, it doesn't take a lot to destroy me. The biggest thing is trying to avoid them coming into contact with me instead of tanking it.

I know, I'm doing it wrong.

Soooo, theoretically, what would happen if I used A Heart to Call My Own to give the First Flame in Dark Souls a Heart?

Man, that's bullshit. The corruption derived from Dresden Files magic is at least partially described as a stain on a victims soul. Anti-corruption perks should totally work.

>Omnipotent in their home planes.

I don't believe this is so. I think they have to be in their home plane for you to kill them. Also they have stats so they can be killed. The big danger really is they have tons of levels, absurd stats and get special rules like greater gods whenever they would roll a d20 for something they automatically get a 20, so they almost always get the best possible result out of whatever they do. Even lesser gods can take 10 on any of those d20 rolls so they are nearly always going to get a decent result. They also are highly spell resistant, probably immune to most types of energy attacks and with a high DR (I was looking up Vecna yesterday and the bastard had a 40 or 45/+4) So unless you have very powerful magic weapons your not going to hurt them. Admittedly I was looking in deities and demigods not faith and pantheons which is the 3.5 forgotten realms book so I might be mistaken but I don't think I am

I'm drawing it from a conversation I remember months ago. I'm sure he'll clarify either way.

No he won't, Wild Card is too important to talk about his own jumps.

Gun

Can you not use a legitimate discussion I'm having to throw your fits?

Hey retard. Stop making up your own fucking rules of how magic works in the setting. Because it doesn't work how you think it does, secondly I'll just make a black staff to counter act your stupidity or wish it away. Youre ruining the fucking jump and literally the only creator to do what you're doing. You should probably stop before someone like me just remakes the fucking jump so people don't have to do yours.

I assume you can't, but just to be sure, can you purchase Choose Wisely more than once in Kingdom Hearts?

I'll reread Fool Moon and come back to it, but I feel like even killing in self defense will start to corrupt you. Maybe not into a frothing madman, but almost certainly into someone who kills in self defense when there are other options, possibly preemptively.

I will concede it's possible killing accidentally doesn't corrupt you. On the other hand, even killing accidentally requires you to disregard the risk that someone will die, unless you're doing something like blasting an empty building that someone snuck into.

Ever notice that things catch fire around Harry an awful lot?

>like a kickstarter developer
This was way funnier to me than it should be.

Do you like Probe Droids? Because you're gonna be able to buy them in bulk.

I'm sorry to just keep hyping up my jump without delivering anything tangible like a kickstarter developer, but I am still working on it. I just hate writing all the descriptions for things I'm uncertain about, plus I want to include everything people could possibly want and make sure the jump is both fair and challenging. And then on top of that I keep getting distracted by ideas for what I want to do after this.

Viruses. I have zero immunity to disease perks at the moment and my house rule is that regen doesn't kick in on microscale injuries.

I can't tell, are you ASA? Because that gun is the Anti-Spiral's worst nightmare.

youtube.com/watch?v=rqAmzPj9bLE