A mad Alchemist kidnaps Men, Children and Women from all over the Country to conduct inhumane experiments on them

>A mad Alchemist kidnaps Men, Children and Women from all over the Country to conduct inhumane experiments on them.

>When the Party arrives in its lair , the Alchemist is in the process of releasing all his surviving prisoners.

>He explains that he feels sorry for these people. But he had no choice since the Academy was not supporting his "Twisted" Experiments.

>His secret Formula is ready to be distributed.

>Its a cure that can heals any illness known to man.
How would your party react?

Other urls found in this thread:

d20srd.org/srd/spells/removeDisease.htm
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/remove-disease
dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Cure_Disease
dnd-spells.com/spell/lesser-restoration
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My last character would kill him, take credit and retire.

Ask how it "cures" all disease. I mean, dead people can't get sick, right?

Smart Question.

Lets say the cure wont kill people or turn them into deep ones.

Use the cure, but hand him over to the auhtorities. What he did was still a crime and has to be punished.

My character would go into his lab and read through his notes. And then suggest getting our boatloads of prisoners of war to this guy. If he won't cooperate, threaten to have his discovery destroyed so all he did was for nothing.

He would be tasked with making a way to regress aging and making sure that the cure has no long term side effects.

We would then use our OTHER lab to make biological weapons that only can be cured with this miracle cure and keep a tight lid on the production.

Rolled 5 (1d20)

well that's oddly specific

I roll sense motive

He was of course, speaking generically. There are no mutations or noticable short or long term side effects.Or at least, none that has yet to be discovered.

Does it cure PTSD? Because I bet the SHIT that his patients have that.

We "kill" him, release the prisoners and return with proof of his demise, as well as the panacea.

In truth we kept him in our employ, forcing him to continue those vile experiments he hates so much on fresh victims.

Everyone wins!

d20srd.org/srd/spells/removeDisease.htm

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/remove-disease

dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Cure_Disease

dnd-spells.com/spell/lesser-restoration

So he invented a low-level spell?

He wasn't playing D&D you cum gurgling grognard weeaboo.

Probably turn him in to the authorities or take him prisoner. He claims to feel sorry for the people and did create a useful cure, but experimenting on children was entirely unnecessary. There are better ways to go about getting subjects than kidnapping random people, too.

He comes across as a useful crazy person, but a crazy person nonetheless. Doesn't deserve death yet, but someone should definitely be keeping an eye on him.

ill need to remember that insult. eesh thats savage, i love it.

Vaporize him and the formula, then tell the party that they aren't ready.

Minimal sentence for kidnapping.
Nobody is above the law.

>but experimenting on children was entirely unnecessary

Children are affected differently from adults and teenagers by chemicals and drugs.

>There are better ways to go about getting subjects than kidnapping random people, too.

True

Fake his death, employ him while imprisoning and funding his research, use the phat stacks of cash money I make from his works to ressurect all those he's harmed.
Make money hand over fist for rest of life.
Improve the world.

With his knowledge he should be able to make some nice venoms for me. After that he is dead.

"Sorry sir, but you BROKE THE LAW. Still, we shall ensure that your cure-all will find great use across the empire and you shall be known as its creator, AFTER WE APPREHEND YOU!"

Praise him for his work and promise that he'll be eternally remembered, then execute him and distribute the formula to the world.

Justice is blind.

There is no dilemma if he really made the cure. Nobody was physically hurt (nor mentally when told how they helped save mankind).

Make him kill because of the experimenting, or twist people into hideous creatures, because no there are only three choices that make sense:
1. kill him, get rich
2. help him profit from it, make him your partner
3. help him distribute it for free

All the answers involving punishment are retarded attempts at forcefully playing something cringeworthy.

Did you miss the "surviving" part? Also people are almost definitely "mentally hurt" when you kidnap then experiment on them

>surviving prisoners.
So how many people did he kill? A lot? More than that?

Shit, we already have spells that cure basically everything. HP is easy. Curses, petrification, etc can be cured by 5/6th level spells.

Really the only hard one to overcome is death, and the fact that we can undo that at all is a miracle.

How much does this potion cost to produce?

But then again I'm playing a wizard so no sense of right or wrong, only magic.

this