What unusual talents does your current character have?

What unusual talents does your current character have?

I'm the DM, but one NPC knows just how to hit an enemy's skull so that it produces an acoustically pleasing thunk.

Can tell the difference between a werewolf and a dire wolf that has learned to walk on two legs.

agriculture.
It's always agriculture [\spoiler]

Where's the yoyo?

I gave one of my player's characters an encyclopedic knowledge of alchemical silver one time. He kept getting nat 20s every time I asked for a knowledge check on alchemical silver (despite getting shit rolls on pretty much everything else). I figured after the third time in a row that it happened, I'd just cut out the middle man and save myself the trouble.

He can shove a thousand glass marbles up his ass.

Apparently a "bounty hunter" (basic archetype I used) who specialized in exotic beast taming for wealthy clients was so unheard of in Star Wars my group spent a good portion of the session discussing it after I introduced him.
I thought it was pretty lame myself [\spoiler]

Alchemy, whenever possible.
I love the idea of being able to make my own poisons and potions.

He's good at playing card games.

may I steal this?

What's with the pineapple?

Is your character an ogre or something? Because if I correctly recall the research Veeky Forums did on this couple years ago, human limit is like 400.

Research?

Master at tucking.

That's part of the trick, user!

A pet micro organic flea

Cooking

They can talk to fish.

Limitations:

>must be within actual hearing distance
>doesn't mean control fish, means, can talk to fish, who usually are basically lower class chavs for some reason in this setting.

Pic related was what I hoped for, my DM gave me something much more hilarious and still quite versatile. Love that guy.

And does that come in handy?

RESEARCH.

Dungeon Meshi fan?

Nah, just happened to be a trade skill in Dark Heresy, a surprisingly rare one at that. It was either that or valet.

So now, in the group of Inquisitorial acolytes, all the cooking is done by the cybernetically ressurected monstrosity that doesn't even eat anymore.

As an added note, I should really get around to reading that. Looks great.

It's a party trick. and no you don't wanna know.

>And does that come in handy?
It's more about the paws than the hands.

I did something like this except with skinning animals. That character was just a master scavenger and leatherworker by that point. Actually helped the party out sometimes with the funds he'd make from killing other beasties

Tea.

Ever since the totally not Poison Ivy-expy Dryad introduced her to the drink and taught her how to both prepare the leaves and the drink itself, she's gotten really good at it.

He can crossdress really convincingly.

Despite no skill in it, Officer Brooklyn has managed a few times to sneak about in disguise simply due to dumb-luck with the dice.

It's became a bit of a joke now and I ended up listing a dress-up and role-play hobby on her character sheet.

Of course, it's also failed more the twice the number of time's it's worked but perception bias and all that.

Eats wild game raw, drinks their blood, doesn't get sick.

Extremely skilled at the ancient art of Rumba.
Chick-chickyboom, chick-chickyboom.

Ser Emil Schutz, Knight of the Silver Sky, champion of the 112th Annual Fencing Tournament, Slayer of the Demon-Dragon Ne'han-Ar, bearer of the White Sword of Emla, successor to the secret fighting style of the Steel Tempest...

Can tie a cherry stem in a knot with his tongue.

Only needs 2 or 3 hours of sleep each day

I want to impregnate Katia.

>lower class chavs
so, you mean chavs, then.

Maybe he means chavs who are lower class even among other chavs

jesus.

Through amusing a demon God enough, my character is the sole owner of the world's smallest violin. He plays it when he decides something tragic enough occurs. for a size reference he is a half orc

Yeah I meant real bottom of the barrel stuff here. The stuff deep sea fish would baulk at.

I bet he can use his tongue in other ways aswell~

Yeah, I'll bet it's great for smuggling keys into prison!

>the sexually-dense but physically-competent fightetr strikes again!

10/10 will probably use

Capable of not being a gross furry

There's a great Alpha Power in Gamma World that kinda works that way. Should you succeed in activating it, you can talk to fish and call for aid for the duration. If you FAIL, you THINK you can talk to fish and call for aid for the duration.

This caused one of our party members to lie on the raft we had, his face underwater making random fish noises for several hours.

my sorcerer can, without magic, use clap with one hand. he also has an uncanny ability to break out into musical numbers at critical times. so far he has, via broadway-like-performance:
started a prison riot
stopped his party from being attacked by dire wolves by using the tongues spell to make the local forest animals become a chorus to his song
convince a ship captain to let his adventuring party on board to cross the ocean as they fled a pursuing police force
also, in a more reserved number,my sorcerer managed to teach a young squire from a different city to man up and confess his feelings to a the duke's daughter. Doing this made them friends of course, and this gave my sorcerer and his party the opportunity to infiltrate the castle a pilfer a magic tome during a party the following week that we needed for one of our quests. Im really enjoying high charisma characters, though i never got so many good roles on the bard i tried to play

Underrated post right here

Knitting.

That show was great

My sorcerer can speak Orcish, Goblin, Dragon, and Elven... but only brokenly. He has a 50% chance of getting the point across, 25% chance of complete gibberish, and 25% chance of being horribly misunderstood.

My Dark Heresy character has the unusual ability to walk on walls.

Basically he has magboots and given that everything in a ship is metal, and everything on the ground has ferrocrete in it he can pretty much skale anything. I first came up with this idea for an Assassin character, but later used it for an Adept. Its really usefull especially to stay out of range of melee attackes. He basically just hangs upside down and empties his two pistols into the target. Duel pistols are way effective.

My adept character also has an unusual ability i worked out with the GM. Hes haunted. He killed his childhood friend a the schola progenium and now is haunted by his ghost. It generally leaves clues for him when hes tried everything else and it hasnt worked. Adepts being basically detectives.

Lastly, ive nver made this idea work, but i wanted to run a Techpriest characer which has a lascutter mechadendrite. Essentially instead of going into rooms and getting shot through doorways, hed just cut a firing slit in the wall and fire through that. Super safe and pretty typical techpriest solution.

Is she gunna fit that up her pooper?

Embroidery.

Of course, that's her talent.

Miracle of nature that

Do rope and lasso tricks still count as an unusual talent if your main weapon is a magic lariat?

At that point I guess it might still be unusual but not unexpected?

Failing that forgery, because it's DnD 3.5 and no-one else ever remembers to take forgery even though it is also what you need to use to spot forgeries.

Rogue with enchanted knitting and darning kit including gloves.
Timestop that just effects you and your work, haste and general and specific skill enhancements that lets you timestop, flank and backstab someone (twice) with the general skill bonus.
Enchanted (mithril) wire. Knit it into armor or a sock that can be turned used as an enchanted flail with a weight slipped into it. The knitting kit gives you a shot at doing it fast enough.

Also roll of enchanted wire could be used as a garrot for any sized neck. And a fifty foot roll of enchanted wire too short? Feed and knot a second roll through the middle of the first and the wooden core of the roll acts as a knot in the middle of the garrot.

She ate a woman and grew boobs as a result.

Between being Kroot and knowing my GM's predisposition to sexual hijinks I really should have seen that coming.

I once lost my penis but gained the ability to use hyperbeam once a day from eating too much radioactive ice cream.

That was a weird game.

Mutants & Masterminds?

Pokemon RPG with a metric buttload of house rules and set in the post apocalypse.

I do. What's that character from anyways? I've seen it before

Prequel, a comic about before the Oblivion game begins.

I'm new to D&D and my premade character sheet I'm using right now has history check doubled as long as the history of stonework.

He can clean men's foreskins with his tongue.

Not sure if heretical

>xenos
Yes.

Feel free.

he can piss off anyone without even trying, even robots.

Big dick.

thanks

>a comic about before the Oblivion game begins.
SPOILERS

Why is Katia such a slut?

A better question is when is Kazerad going to update the damn thing

My elf rogue never misses his friends when he fires his crossbow.

It's... really quite sad. I don't know why my dice hate me.

A wizard, a scholar, and a general brainiac.
But her real special talent is...

Not being able to solve riddles. Fuckhuge intelligence score, above average wisdom and charisma, but despite her mental capabilities, riddles are nearly impossible for her to solve, partially because she gets caught up in the multiple definitions of words, the syntax, and over-all vague nature of riddles.

Reminds me of a Sphinx from the second half of The Chronicles of Amber.

The main character is competing in a game of riddles against the Sphinx and he asks him "What's green and red and goes round and round and round."

The Sphinx is completely stumped.

My Cleric can play the drums and my WoD werewolf murder monster likes to dance.

He's a really good cook.

Because it's a suggestion game whose audience is full of horny nerds who've never felt the touch of a woman's breast, and therefore are willing to settle for imagining the touch of a furry one. I am happily among them.

He can yell at people so hard it hurts them.
Being a silver tongue variant tiefling is great.

so, pic related but a tiefling...

Women like stories about sluts too.

He's a competent stonemason.

His family was a line of brick makers and masons before they were uplifted to nobility by the state and he still has his old skills.

But I do

The ability to distinguish between male and female dwarves just by sticking his hand down their pants.

Takes him about four minutes to get a definite answer though.

user never said "horny nerds" doesn't include women, just assume lesbians and it works fine

It's not heretical if you pay them for their services.

So, would you say it was Post-Apokelyptic?

Lesbians are the last women to enjoy Katia being a heterosexual slut.

More of an idea than anything a real character has but:
>The ability of having some level of control over the chaotic forces of 'luck' pertaining to them
>What this translates to is that instead of instantly making critical hits when they're rolled, the player can instead just treat it like a regular hit and 'save' the critical damage for later and unleash it on another hit that would hit normally (or make a miss/critical miss into a regular hit)
>They can 'store' up to three of these critical hits.

though of you want to reference German opera...
>A character can bank up to six criticals...
>But the seventh attack after six are expended is an unavoidable critical failure with effects at the GM's discretion
>"Sechs traffen - seiben affen!"

he can fuck rocks

Bernard?

Dear God. I think I'd rather deafen myself.

The secret ingredient is water laced with nothing more than a little LSD.

He cuts guts out of defeated creatures and cooks meals.