_____________________________________________________________________________________________LOL

_____________________________________________________________________________________________LOL

>World of Warcraft

>T-Regina
It's "Tyranny", I believe.

Regina is the feminine equivalent of Rex.

Why is it okay to wage a race war as long as you are not a white human?

So what actually avoids this cliche? What gives you races with dimorphism that make you think "Wait, which is which?"

Why is the living penis accusing humans of obscenity?

How dense are you that you've gotten this close to the joke and still don't understand what it's getting at?

I'd say any race that's not known by the internet

this bugs me too
>watching the Warcraft trailers
>Orcs are fuckhueg 8 foot tall man eaters with great fucking hippo tusks and shoulders as broad as they are tall
>show the stronk female orc
>literally just the actress with some prosthetic teeth & green bodypaint
Maybe she was a half-orc or something, but still, what the heck

... What about that is indicating that their war is "ok"?

She was a half-orc, yeah. They have some female orcs in the movie and they're much bigger (though still in the human range of sexy) and more fucked-up looking.

It's funny seeing all these people not know Garona is a half-orc.

I never played the game, mate. Sue me, I guess
All right, that makes sense. I guess my first impression was just "if she's not a half-orc, she doesn't look nearly enough like those other orcs" and then I just forgot the "if" clause later on.

>6. The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

>All fantasy races
>Males look uniquely designed and interesting
>Females are all fapbait that look like pallet swapped swimsuit models
You see this shit right here...this is one of the many reasons why fantasy/SciFi is always accused of having shitty writing and storycrafting.

You can go all Tolkein and have a massive tldr explanation for everything in the world, but if you can't keep your dick away from the keyboard and actually make the dimorphism of fictional races make sense the genre will always be known as being infested with sex starved immature man children.

>World of Warcraft.jpeg
Seriously fantasy writers show some goddamn restraint when designing fantasy races.
This is Rek Sai
She enjoys long burrows through the crust of the earth and eating the flesh of surface dwellers.

Mass effect did the whole sexual dimorphism well (aside from the bisexual magical girl race)
Female and male krogan pictured side by side

Cry more. Jesus Christ. I doubt the people who make technicolor sexpots give a fuck.

Movie was terrible but the orc designs were one of the better things in it. The warlord dude who just struts around with two giant raptor skeletons on his back the whole film stands out for me. Gul'dan's "I'm actually super fucking buff" moment was also good, and a couple of random orcs stick out in my mind too - one of the female ones, has a scarred-up face and a kind of buzzsaw-shaped axe IIRC.

It was so loyal to the look of the actual Warcraft game it felt awful that so much of it looked crap. I mean if you had something like Warhammer Fantasy Chaos picked up by a team with that much loyalty to the designs, it would look incredible.

Two solutions:
The males are as vaguely human as the females.
The females are as vaguely inhuman as the males.

Crisis avoided.

he's right though
maybe a little melodramatic but he's right

These species have evolved honey trap females who lure in human men for the cooking pot. They don't need to lure in human women, who are perfectly fine with being fucked by monsters in the first place.

Actually none of these monsters have natural females. They kidnap human women who in proximity transform into a kind of half-breed that they can mate with.

Agreed. There was clearly so much love and talent that went into that movie at various points, but it still just fell apart at the seams. I think if it was divided into two movies, it would've had more room to breathe.

That's not avoiding the cliche, that's just making a silly justification for it.

>that spoiler text
As a womens, it's true.

[USER'S WIFE WAS STOLEN BY DEATH-CAPS WHILE MAKING THIS POST]

Remain convinced that burning witches for fucking the devil was motivated at least partly by jealousy.

To be fair I think we only get to see two female Orcs in the entire movie and one of them is a half-orc. Even then Sexual Dimorphism in Orcs is very pronounced. A standard orc female is shorter and less bulky than an orc male, to the point where they look closer to a female body builder.

>To be fair I think we only get to see two female Orcs in the entire movie and one of them is a half-orc.
There's like a half dozen, but only two have any prominence. There's one female orc with the raiding party that first fights Anduin, and there's a couple in the battle at the pass and the big fight at the end.

Major disappointment with the film: it didn't give us a killer fight scene where Drakka takes out like a dozen guys while carrying her baby. Also goddamn they just needed a couple more gryphons, that thing practically solo'd the horde.

The Gryphon was probably the best character in the movie. Right up there with swole gul'dan

Sexual dimorphism used as an excuse to make every female of every race appealing by human standards pisses me off so fucking much.

Man you sure must be angry at literally only Star Trek

Nah son, Asari shot all chance Mass Effect had for seriousness in the foot.
Literally all-female hot blue chick race that can still make babies, live super long, psychic powers, etc.

It's indicated in one conversation that they look like that to Shepard/humans, and differently to other aliums. But pretty much.

In Farscape they subverted this by having an alien that looked kind of like a male human, but she was the female of her species. She was hitting on one of the male characters and he was basically like "uh yeah sorry nah"

I wouldn't say that the Asari completed ruined Mass Effect's ability to be taken seriously, since I'm not an overreactive autist, but I do wish that it was explained, or implied, that Asari only look the way they do because of a passive psychic effect that essentially makes them look ideal to other species, which is why something as different as a Krogan can be attracted to a being that's so drastically different.

>literally only Star Trek

i'd like to call to your attention the existence of basically any of the animes ever

You've only noticed it in Star Trek?

>but I do wish that it was explained, or implied, that Asari only look the way they do because of a passive psychic effect
Yes, this is literally exactly what is implied in the first game, when you're still a babby learning about the setting. Maybe if you paid a bit of attention, instead of ogling blue boobies, you'd've noticed.

Only IIRC they replaced "psychic" with "pheromonal".

Where was it explained?

IIRC if you go to the strip club and hang around the Turian and Salarian hanging out at the strip club, they comment on the different aspects of the strippers that they find appealing.

Also one of the Codex entries, probably.

Also in the second game Mordin speculates that there's a neurochemical mechanism in play.

So yeah. Pay some fucking attention, kid.

Even if it's implied, it's later debunked by the fact that Asari look the same in pictures, Mister Saucy.

>there are actually people that have a problem with this

More enjoyment for me, I guess?

>Asari
>seriousness
Reminder that the art book for ME explicitly says that the Asari were created to fulfill the "green-skinned alien space babe" trope that Star Trek invented.

ME was never going to be serious in the first place.

Since when?

It's pretty uninteresting when the men get to look much more different than humans while the women are much closer to conventional attractiveness.

They look the same because you're viewing them through the same, unchanging human perspective, bruh.

The movie looked great. The story was just weak to get the majority of people who never played the games to see it so it could set up sequels.

How would it affect a physical photograph, if it's just ink on a piece of paper? Or a digital picture, where it's just an arrangement of colored pixels? If a human draws a picture of an asari, does say, a turian, see the same thing? What if it's a really simple drawing, like a stick figure with wavy lines on the top of the head, that slowly the artist adds more detail? What if they don't know that they human is drawing an asari? What if they don't know that the human is drawing an asari, but then they get told that's how a human sees an asari? Does the asari psychic/pheromonal whatever thing change how they perceive the drawing then?

Sounds like we need a double-blind study.

What if someone's never been near an asari in real life? If they've only seen pictures on the space internet of them or seen them on space TV? Is the asari psychic ability, or pheromones, so strong that it propagates throughout the entire galaxy? What if a human was brought up turian? Would they see the same thing as a turian, or a human? What if someone's a really weird degenerate who's been on the space internet too long and can't get off to humans anymore? Or, could they really resemble anything other than how we perceive them, since that would mean a different body shape or feel than they actually are? Couldn't you objectively prove the texture of their skin, body shape, facial structure, etc, with someone born blind, or someone blindfolded who isn't told it's an asari?

600 BC

As much as I love myself a hot giantess, the pot shaped giant is quite interesthing. In better art it would look like something out of gibli Studios.

Wouldn't that mean that Asari have to be like Elcor sized then? Or are Asari Human Standard size but project that size to an Elcor or a Krogan? Wouldn't that mean that observing an Asari would cause either a Shallow Hal or Reverse Shallow Hal effect when they manipulate objects or go through spaces? Do Asari project close to your fetishes so For some humans they have dat booty whilst others are DFC brown asari?

Slow down there, Jack

You're scaring the children

>says other guy needs to stop ogling blue boobies

>entire basis for argument is found inside a strip club

Are you fucking serious...

So two throw away lines.

If I remember correctly the Asari use the exact same armor as humans do, so they have to be pretty damned close to human shaped.

So why do species express sexually dimorphism? IRL?

AFAIK there are two main areas where it happens.

The first is in species where the male is nothing more then mobile genetic material (Anglerfish and some spiders come to mind). In this case it's usually a very weak and tiny male.

The second case is in plumage. Something like a peacock where the males exhibit in a manner meant to attract mates.

I think that on earth it's the species with the least dimorphism where the males are slightly bigger then the females. As far as I know the most extreme cases tend to involve the males being significantly weaker then females. Which makes you wonder why it's usually the males that are bigger then the females in fantasy.

The entirety of mammal sexual dimorphism is males physically compete with each other to attract mates and so are bigger and meaner and have horns and shit.

Way to just leave out a the whole group of animals to which you belong.

Nice taste in manga user, but you're pretty crazy if you weren't expecting cheesecake from the author of Reiroukan

What's the long distance psychic potential of an Asari? There's at least millions of them. Who's to say their collective consciousness doesn't cast a psychic veil on the entire galaxy at all times? We know from the games that psychically inducing attraction is both a valid reproductive (they can bear children to anyone) and survival (they can literally drain your lifeforce to sustain themselves) strategy for Asari.

>The entirety of mammal sexual dimorphism is males physically compete with each other to attract mates and so are bigger and meaner and have horns and shit.
Hyenas, though?

I like that too but she's all style zero substance. Like everything in that game. Its not a bad thing, it just doesn't do anything in comparison to a story based medium.

Yeah, and there's also a species of lizard composed entirely of lesbians that clone themselves when they hump. Edge cases are fun but reptiles are still sexually reproducing creatures.

However little dicked virgins are 99.99% of Veeky Forums

Please don't apply confirmation bias to yourself.

t. microscopically penised virginoid

It happens because different survival strategies work the sexes.

Traits that are beneficial to one sex but not the other will be selected for in that sex. For example, those flies where the eyes of males are farther apart than their body length. Females of that species consider stick eyes really hot, so males with that trait get to pass on their genetic material.

Go away virt

hyenas also

I feel like people exaggerate how extreme this kinda thing really is. Take draenei, which everyone keeps bringing up in these arguments. The only real differences is that the females are more slender (they're still towering over the other races) and their tentacles grow behind their ears instead of at their sideburns. Oh, and the males sometimes have ridged foreheads instead of horns. That's it.

Do you really see this much outside of anime/manga?

testing1
testing2testing3

This type of sexual dimorphism is more annoying to me in more monstrous species. It looks like they designed the males first and as the only ones that matter, then made a monster girl version of that for the females.

For example, pic related. The males are much bigger and muscular(the male is zoomed out in the pic, check the background), similiar to the dranei, and they can also have a variety of horn and facial shapes.

The females on the other hand are human chicks with grey scales and instead of horns we get ugly hair-things. Their feet look like those of the males, but they're actually combined with high-heels. Also, lizard tits. Because of course lizards have tits.

It's not just "more slender", it's "males have three times the shoulder width, their arms are as thick as a female's torso and they have a completely different leg stance".

Or look at the trolls. The males are hunching all the time while the females walk like humans. To a male troll, being in a human city must feel like everyone faffing around like little girls. Watching an army march must be hilarious.

I'd channel for 1.5 seconds then rush to any of her tunnel entrances IYKWIMAITYD

> and their tentacles grow behind their ears instead of at their sideburns

You say when the picture clearly has the tentacles coming out from behind the jaw.

There's a difference between ogling blue boobies and paying attention to the people ogling blue boobies, user. You'd know that if you'd paid attention.

Two lines, plus a Codex entry (probably - I don't have all the Codex entries memorized, it's been years), plus Mordin's speculation. Also, that user specifically said they'd wished it was implied - two lines plus speculation is plenty of implication, dumbass.

See and here we see that the chick doing those is an atheist. Of course all females looks the same, and of course they are compatible with human males. God made all things like that. Other things can fuck one thing, maybe 2-3 things. Human man were created to take everything. Stupid atheists.

>Lady Death-Cap

Was she before WOW?

yes she was a half orc before WoW.

She was half-human before wow and half-draenei after. The other half has always been orc. I mean, it's kind of her name.

Ok. I just didn't remember it ever being mentioned, or her last name being said ever

Checked.

i always figured that they were at least humanoid since asari can use/wear the same things that other humanoid races can

also husk asari (which i can only assume don't have the whole psychic/pheromones to change how they look to other races) look somewhat humanoid as well

Trolls in wow are a weird case tho. The alpha model was a literal female version of the male; hunched over, big mouth, long limbs, and it looked...weird to say the least. They then remade it on what we know female trolls to be like. Now with Mists of the Pandaria, we saw the Zandalari, and they arent hunched back.

Obviously they aren't real trolls.

Garona is a half-Orc, but not a half-human. I don't really remember if the other half was ogre or Draenei

Zandalari are the first trolls tht other tribes come out from, including dark trolls and night elfs.

Half-Draenei.
If you want to see a half-orc, half-ogre, go look at Rexxar.

Your pic is a bad example, the woman has the same elephant feet as the man and they both have the same face coverings.
Anyway, they both look pretty much like humans with some shit added so it doesn't really apply.

It's funny to exaggerate it for comedic effect.
It gets annoying when clueless people take it seriously and make those moralising comics about them on women not feeling 'welcome' because of hot girls in games.

Zandelari are de ONLY real trolls, da rest be degenerate scum, mon.