Warhammer 40k General

Cite Your Sources Edition

>rules
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGs..
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQ
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>7th edition reference sheet
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7ed..

>Forge World
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apo..

>White Dorf
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Cultist-chan)
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Age_of_Technology
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Soulgrinders look fucking ugly/derpy cocksuckers

FORTIFIED

i don't get the appeal of warhammer
if someone (in this case, me) asked you why you like warhammer, what would you say to them?

Is there a "make a shittier OP image than the last General" competition going?

Barely even 40k related by now, could just call it "40k general memes general"

Bleak Brotherhood out of fucking nowhere

now get out before we put you out and then mysterious disappear and nobody knew why we fought you or where we are for the next hundred years

Get out.

Cool setting.

I like big battles amongst d00ds with very well fleshed out backgrounds and fluff. There's few games out there to rival 40k in those aspects.

If you give a shit about the OP image you're part of the problem.

who the fuck cares

I don't understand why you assburgers are so concerned with the OP image of general threads. it literally doesn't matter, what are you expecting some classy gentleman 40k image so that you can participate in a distinguished thread for fine thread connoisseurs? priorities, my dude

anyway I'd rather see random new images instead of the same bullshit spammed every day

Tell me about your knights.
What's their wargear?

I just got like 50 cultists from a friend, all without bases. I really need to base them as soon as possible, because my local FLGS is having a tournie on june 24th, im running Typhus plague zombies. What do I do? The nearest time on ebay for that many bases is 25th.

>tfw no centurion to cuddle

>If you give a shit about the OP image you're part of the problem.

So we just sit and take it up the ass by that fucking OP cunt? No, apathy is for cucks like you. If no one calls him out, then it continues on and on.

Do nothing.

You don't paint=you don't play.

I just got on convinced to play papa nurgle

1) it has the advantage of being a fuckhuge franchise that has lasted for almost 30 years so it has nearly neverending content in which to immerse yourself for people who like in-depth experiences
2) creative expression, it allows you to build, sculpt and paint miniature works of art to share with other people in a wider well-developed community
3) wargames or at least 40k is sort of the happy medium between card games and role playing games for me. it's card game-like in the sense that your "deck" is your list and it has a strict set of rules to adhere to, but is more open ended and designed around actual scenarios to act out like in RPGs. add to that narrative campaigns, different types of missions, or just bullshitting with your m8s to see what happens

hobby store or hardware store. 1" discs.
Prime black lower body, prime white/gray upper body. basecoat guns, skin, cloth, boots, etc. Wash with appropriate shades.

6 total hours for 50 cultists, tops.

The OP image has been shit since someone put together that collage rather than using some 40k artwork like the WHFB, AoS, Malifaux, Infinity and many other threads do with their own relevant artwork. Where were you to complain about it then? Because it's certainly too late to do so now.

>who the fuck cares

>If you give a shit about the OP image you're part of the problem.

I guess I'm just a dull and joyless 'spurger but I believe in at least a minimum standard, that a shitty meme image attracts shitty memeflies.

Its not painting im worried about; he himself actually debased the buggers, and used them for his AoS army. He stopped playing CSM, and gifted me most of his army. Its just that the only thing lacking bases are the cultists.

m8 the point is nobody cares, you're not "taking it up the ass", it's literally irrelevant. chill out spaz.

Well at least two do care.

I am been complaining for a long while but each time some of you cocksuckers tell me to shut up.
Since then things have gotten worse and you know why? Because you enabled the cunt to do it.

So really newfag question here but do the Death Korps of Krieg still exist in the game's rules or is the Astra Militarium still just Cadians/Catachan predominantly?

Veeky Forums hobbies tend to attract people touched by the 'tism so it aint exactly a surprise that a few are weirdly triggered by stupid pictures on a malaysian goat ranching forum

Piss off with your hurr no one cares. Look at the fucking OP image. This is what your not caring caused.

A faggot forcing an unfunny meme on us in each thread.

Yes.

if we're being honest about 'tism here, the "wacky" names for imageboards piss me off more than any amount of dumb general images

Thank you so much! Ill look into that right away, but if worst comes to worse, I guess I can use quarters for bases.

Only FW.

If you role with them nobody is going to play you because FW is not proper GW and are full of pay2win bullshit.

I dont get this pic.Can anyone explain?

it does for me too, I hate that cringeworthy meme also but I posted it anyway because I don't know.

40k meme + rule 34 + shitty sci-fi font + shitty 40k General meme.

>Actually playing Knights
shiggidydiggy, dawg.

No, user, you are the cringe.

Charging is now done during the movement phase. You charge D6", in addition to your normal 6" movement. Pretend units that have special movement rules are changed to fit into this somehow (ex: assault marines can reroll the 6" charge, or can move 12" if they don't charge, or something I don't care).

Y/N?

That's... disappointing. I mean, I also remember seeing a Mordian Iron Guard in one of the old core books I have but I'm going to guess they went the way of the dinosaurs as well/aren't FW.

Good luck. chances are they'll be washers or wooden discs. Both are cheaper to use than quarters, mind.

>a shitty meme image attracts shitty memeflies
No, taking the bait like you are doing attracts memeflies. You are feeding the trolls.

Chaos players!

What list do you run and why?

Go away.

I like tabletop wargames, and there aren't that many to choose from.

I also like good looking plastic models, high levels of army customizability, having an active player base, sci-fi, and various other things that eliminate everything but 40k.

I enjoy the fluff and spin-off vidya, but that stuff mostly is just a factor of popularity and not innately good because it's 40k.

Admech, because you know why.

FW is proper GW, and the FW-exclusive armies are actually shit, except for a single Renegades and Heretics cheese list.

So you want to nerf assault units further? You done fucked up son. If you said 2D6", then sure, but then you would run into the problem of not being able to use assault weapons, which could be worked out, but ehh.

Another fantasy rule.

Sure.

once again proving a superior game system can't do shit in a game about fanciest toy soldiers.

1) The sheer size and scale of the setting is astounding, and the imperium is an interesting study in humanities darker aspects.
2) It explores themes such as the dark ages mythos, (such as the knights templar and teutonic traditions) catholic symbolism and superstition, and russian christian orthodoxy in an ironic fashion.
3) I love gothic and boroque architechture and themes, and the artwork is often wrought with such care and detail that is sometimes jaw dropping.

Nurgle, because I'm cancer.

So it is bait, great, we've acknowledged it's a shitty picture posted buy someone mor interested in shitting up the place than making an functional general.

I recently started a tau army with as little op bullshit to give me an army with a different play style compared to my ba. I thought id check out the tau forum and holy shit the sheer delusion and cheese those people post is beyond belief.

the original picture is cultist chan (1d4chan.org/wiki/Cultist-chan) getting her foot licked by a guardsman because "eet ezz the will of the dark gawds". he's licking a chicken because a previous thread had the original image and people said the shitposting was so deep that next time he'll be licking a chicken. the chicken is from the russian proofs meme, which is an ancient meme from krautchan's /int/ board that came about due to russians' comical levels of denial. russians are famous on kc for demanding absurd standards of evidence, any negative statement about russia is met with WHERE ARE THE SOURCES? THIS LINK IS PROPAGANDA, I DON'T SEE ANY GOOD PROOF. Veeky Forums somehow finally got ahold of this meme last year or so and thinks it's fresh OC. I hope that answers all of your questions.

Possessed MoK, Khorne Berzerkers, bikes w. lord on jugger, cultist meat screen, 16 CSM w/o boltguns w. preacher.

Just wanted to see how bad it was. It was really, really bad.

What the fuck DO YOU like then?

The last time I tried to start a Tau army before getting scared off by a few friends who called me a faggot I remember some kind of battlesuit cheese with fucking huge range railcannons.

Xenos, not even once.

>I hope that answers all of your questions.
All but the most important one.

Why would anyone post it?

The picture doesn´t make the general though, the discussions do.

how did russian mind-wash-tier skepticism get related to being a chicken?

thank you sensei

also, sometimes its fun to pretend to be the bad guy. It lets you blow off steam and gives you some insight into why people do the rotten things they do.

because it's a dank meme

oh yeah, russians are associated with roosters/birds because of russian prison slang, a "rooster" is a beta prisoner who gets treated like shit/buttraped so it's a general insult against russians. usually when making fun of russians for proofstering, a picture with the russian flag accompanied by a chicken such as pic related is attached

thank you.

you seem like a smart man.Tell me which faction should I start with.

Has anyone even modeled the chicken yet? If not we need one.

you capitalize the DO, not the you.

I would like to add that its spread on Veeky Forums is related to Ukranian incident with totaly-not-Russian troops being involved.

whichever one you enjoy the lore/appearance/playstyle of the most

rules change all the time, if you pick the most powerful army today it will be the worst army next year. you should know though, that at the moment chaos space marines, orks, tyranids, and generally assault-themed armies like blood angels are having a really bad time.

So how old are the high lords of terra?

Is there any means of succession should one of them die?

How old is the oldest space marine?

If it's not part of an Inquisition army and has hatred Tau and hatred daemons I want no part of it.

So I'm building a Carcharodons army, but I'm not sure how to go about starting. As I haven't played SMs before I'm not sure exactly what I'll get in the boxes. Will there be enough chainswords for my tacticals and lightning claws for my termies?

they actually said it was american snipers who fired on the crowd of protestors.

I'm so confused I don't know who to believe anymore.

Its not that hard to get a different feel from the BAngles especially with a shooty army like tau

>How old is the oldest space marine?
Bjorn is 10,000 years old and currently the oldest marine alive. If Ahzek or Khârn weren't living in the Eye they would be holders of "Oldest Spess Marheen". As for the High Lords they can be pretty old. The Fabricator General can be even older thanks to this one Dreadnought-like life extender, but the thing is a Fabricator General will go mad because of it.

SW have a 10k year old Dread. I think Commander Dante of the Blood Angels might be the oldest living space marine. His age isn´t really clear but he seems to be 2k+ years old.

answer the question

I like Eldar for lore(like the spirit stone thing and using their dead warrior) and for being fast.
I like Dark Eldar too because I think their masked models looks nice but on the other hand their models without face cover looks like shit imo. Also fast.
IG seems appealing because they are just regular guys fighting against superhumans/demons/space commies/ayyliens and they are still able hold their ground but I dont like how they are using Russian ww2 tactics.

Not really fan of space marines/CSM/Sisters

fuck this is hard

I wish there were some regular tacticool humans that would win through tactic and equipment and not numbers

No, Cypher is older.

The image is a retarded /pol/ meme, janitors should have banned him by now.

Militarum Tempestus is kind of the elite IG. They're kind of your spec. ops. That said, they aren't really an army on their own, but their new formation is pretty good.

you can play astra militarum without having hordes of infantry. you could field lots of tanks and veterans in chimeras. also there is a supplement faction which is essentially special forces of the astra militarum called militarum tempestus. I've only played against them once but the consensus seems be that they're not so good though unfortunately

not me.

this is me

Oldest Space Marine is Ahriman, if we're counting traitors. No idea for loyalists. Calgar, maybe?

Whatever happened to kasrkin squads?

Dawn of War made me love those guys

Tyberios
10 lightning Claw termies
Spartan assault tank
???
The tactical squad won't include enough chainswords, at best you'll get 1 or 2, but ebay will sell them.
The terimator box will have 5 lightning claw pairs.

Is Ahriman older than Kharn? They both predate the discovery of their Primarchs and were both Captains when they were found.

I see what you are doing with that knight... I'm on to your schemes undead.

so how old is the average space marine once they pass scout training?

how old is the average veteran such as a sternguard or vanguard?

The age difference between them does not matter.

out of production

yeah I was asking about Militarum Tempestus in last thread because I was confused why they have only like 3 models.

Downloaded IG codex and will czech it tommorow at work,thanks

>How old is the oldest space marine?
10100+ years

The irony of the guard is that the dogma of the imperium has left the empire with a near infinite supply of manpower but little else to spare.

Things break down and they are stuck using the most basic and archaic technology and templates because that is the only kind of infrastructure the imperium will allow for that they can actually maintain.

Excellent. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Would it be too stupid to run all my elite slots as LC termies along with Tyberios' Red Brethren?

>TFW every time I consider starting up 40K I get into a stupid rut of what army is easier to paint vs hardest like a moron
>Or how hard the rules would be to learn, especially with long time vets making fun of me
>TFW I almost want to collect an army just to paint the models for fun and die alone, without mates to purge in cleansing fire

How long did the golden age of the imperium last? (i.e., prior to the horus heresy)

When was it formed?

Whats this I hear about the emperor nuking half of terra?

Mordian's have, too my knwoledge, always used standard guard rules.
Also is completely wrong and seems to have the mindset common to idiots, four years in the past.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Age_of_Technology

40k's fanbase is at least 50% toxic blowhards who don't understand irony and think its a club for closet fascists. The rest are basically neoliberal eurotrash (and eurotrash wannabes) who get off on shaudenfrued and know its a club for closet homosexuals.

The high chickens of Terra demand PROOF!!!

like models are out of production?why?

or in fluff IG is not training them anymore?

took some advice from an earlier thread, how is it now? I want to have three rhinos with some type of marines in them for rule of cool purposes

1500 csm

daemon prince
>daemon of tzeentch, power armor, wings

20 cultists
10 csm
>combi-melta, 2 melta, rhino w/combi-melta
10 csm
>2 flamers, rhino w/combi-melta

5 chosen
>5 flamers, rhino
4 terminators
>3 combi-plasma/power axe, 1 combi-plasma/chainfist
helbrute
>multimelta/power fist

trilas predator
vindicator
vindicator

I know helbrutes are ass but I figure I need more anti-tank and armor saturation for myself, it gives me 7 total vehicles. do I need 7 total vehicle though?