Quick! I have less than an hour to figure out how a rogue character and a bard character met!

Quick! I have less than an hour to figure out how a rogue character and a bard character met!

Help!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7rzD52hOChs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Speed dating.

>sup
>hello

end.

Both male players, one has GF present as another player. Might be kinda awkward.

The rogue pick-pocketed the bard's patron at his performance, got caught by pure accident, and donated half his profits back to the bard to conceal his tracks.

Such a profitable relationship couldn't go uncontinued.

I'm assuming since your name is Panicked GM you are the GM. Deciding how the PCs met is player work.

We need to know their backstories and general personalities.

Holy shit I came here to say that. user, you and I is thinkin' buddies.

at a tavern

no really, its that fucking simple

the rogue is there getting drunk off the spoils of his latest haul, and the bard is there to either chat up barmaids or the was hired by the owner to entertain the customers that night.

Seriously, rogue and bard are easy mode. Both of them make a lot more sense visiting a seedy dive than finding a paladin or a cleric in the same spot

Rogue, for some reason, is lawful good. Doesn't lie, doesn't steal.

>rogue attempts to pick-pocket
>bard rolls to seduce
>"I can show you some people with bigger jewels, but they can't show you a better time."
>rogue is interested.

We should go speed dating together sometime.

Rogue walks into a bar.
Bard is playing a bar.
Rogue is meeting contacts for a job.
One of the guys on the job flakes and now they don't have enough people
Bard overhears and offers his services
Hijinx ensue, yakkety sax plays in the background, they probably bang

Rogue was mid-mission to steal/kill from royalty, the bard, a minstrel for royalty due to a debt, caught him in the house, and struck a deal to sneak him out. The two split the gold and since they kind of like each other decided to stick around.

Other way round

> Bard tries to seduce rogue
> Rogue sees this as an opportunity to rob bard and plays along
> Barfight interrupts them.
> After fight, they find that they have a common goal and decide to work together.

They fucked.

They're old friends who used to travel together, and just decided to start up on their old gig of having the bard distract a crowd and the rouge pilfers their pockets.

Okay better info. Rogue is LG, low charisma, not very sociable. Female human. Bard is an elf male, might possibly be a horny elf male. His appearance is increasingly starting to sound like a richard simmons reference. Both players are dudes and don't want their characters to be in a relationship.

They banged, okay?

It was a thing in the past, they are not in a relationship at this time. That should work and meet your criteria.

The rogue goes into bar, bard is not playing at the time. Fuckin' weird right? She sits down, he's talking with a bro, bro points her out. He looks, 500% erect. Picks up his fuckin' flute or something. Starts playing, if he's not blowin' have him sing something. Talking bout the booty or beauty of said rogue. That's how they meet, whether it's on good or bad terms is up to the rogue. Gnomesayain?

Rogue wanted to steal from bard. Bard noticed and acted like he was an easy target to draw rogue in since it sounded amusing. Rogue struck up a conversation to distract the prey and both rogue and bard were actually interesting people to talk to. Rogue gav up on robbing newfound friend, and bard was just happy he felt less bored when in presence of rogue.

>richard simmons
Being charismatic and wanting the best for people around him, bard didn't like seeing a meek girl triyng to no avail to comunicate with people into questing with her. He felt some sort of paternal responsability, not unlike a fitness guru who takes a fattie under his wing, and just decided on-the-fly to help her improve her social skills, even going as far as calling her "disciple" in public, much to her dismay. Rogue just learned to deal with a bored bard with too much free time following her, since she wasn't good enough at confrontations to shoo him(or he's just too self absorbed to be shooed).

I change my answer to this, try this

They met in a tavern.
They met in an unemployment office.

In the game I'm running a dwarf fighter met a human rogue by getting pickpocketed by her, and then beating the shit out of her. They're friends now.

Don't ask me how that works, I don't know.

Through a glory hole

Both classes have similar skillsets and types of jobs they'd take on. You could have them cross paths/have crossed paths in the past by being sent on the same job. Say, infiltrating a king's court or something.

But really,

They met while both simultaneously springing to defuse a potentially dangerous feud. The bard attempted to calm everyone down with words, while the rogue just stole everyone's weapons.

You can't

Can't what? WHAT, MAN?

Sorry, I forgot what I wa

The bard and thief are trying to seduce/rob the same person, they all end up in bed together, hilarity ensues.

They wake up in the same bed with nasty hangovers and spent 3 hours coming up with alibis and getting the story straight. They keep on running into each other and trading worried glances.

They'll never realize the actual story was "I passed out without locking the door and you stumbled into the wrong room and crashed on the bed."

Bard was making some money in the middle of a big street, A rogue tries to steal the bard's money, bard gives chase, they both get involved in a bigger problem during this chase, they team-up to solve that bigger problem, end up friends.

There you go.

She steals his wallet, he steals her heart

Local Bowling league friends. One or the other needed an extra for a complete team, and some asking around resulted in their meeting and eventual friendship.

youtube.com/watch?v=7rzD52hOChs

It all started with a mutual acquaintance of theirs, a barbarian named Kragg Thunderbutt...