Is there any setting where mages are a race on their own like mutants from X-Men...

Is there any setting where mages are a race on their own like mutants from X-Men? I mean average mage is far superior to some mortal piece of shit to begin with so why not just admit they are completly different, superior people? I'm laughing at warriors, rogues, assasins and other obsolete garbage.

DnD/Pathfinder(cringe) have Sorcerers... and while it doesn't exactly rub their superiority in your face, they DO get their powers from their bloodlines, so in essence they're genetically different than average people.

No tabletop setting is going to do things in a way that rubs the superiority of mages in everyone's faces, it wouldn't make for a balanced or fun game for anyone playing any other class. The anime/manga Magi ends up doing this a little later on though.

How about you write that setting, then play in it.
Please.
Have fun with it.

No, because that would be a boring and trashy setting.

To be fair, playing D&D would solve his "Casters aren't superior enough" problem pretty well.

Because the setting already sounds like shit and nobody else would play in it.

Seriously, Caster Supremacy is already one of the biggest fucking problems with Pathfinder/DnD 3.5. All OP is doing is saying "HEY LETS A MAKE SETTING WHERE WE DIAL THAT UP EVEN FURTHER, IT WILL BE GREAT WHILE MY CHARACTER SITS THERE AND LAUGHS AT THE REST OF YOU!"

Ture. Just seems op needs to give his mage hardon a wank somehow.

A game in a setting like that could work if PCs are all casters or none of them are casters. Though I prefer to reduce the power of magic the PCs can access to the point where ostensibly non-magical PCs are viable options.

I don't even understand the appeal of playing a magical character as an all-powerful god who's untouchable by mere mortals. They're much more fun when you play them as inexperienced apprentices, scholars, and sheltered bookworms and the likes. Acting all superior and smarter than everyone has some appeal, but it's much better character development if you end up learning later on that some fancy tricks and such don't actually make you better than other people and it's OK to rely on them from time to time.

Ars Magica.That's exactly what Ars Magical is.

D&D sorcerers have magical bloodline powers, so if you have them be the only type, then that's the sort of result you'd get.

Yes

Mine

D O R O H E D O R O

Could have mages be something like force users in Galaxies, in that there's either a random chance that you just happen to be a caster at character creation or you have to go through a big fuck off huge quest to get there.

>fucking mages amirtie?

That seems potentially super boring to all the non-force-users in the game. Yeah, it's cool you have some fuckhuge quest to go on to be a samurai space-wizard, but the rest of us have smuggling to do and crime-bosses on Nar Shadaa to pay off, so don't mind us while we sit here with our thumbs up our asses while the GM is giving you your spirit quest or whatever.

You know, these things are OK if you have a tight-nit party that's interesting in helping eachother accomplish their goals... right up until the GM decides the super special space ninja training can't happen off-camera or in a private session... at that point you're 100% right and the GM needs to get better at running for groups.

Isn't in LOTR this the case?

Sure, but Gandalf wasn't a self-important asshole who sat there laughing at his party-mates because he was "better" than them.

Palladium does stuff like this

>Caster Supremacy
>A problem

But they do! Laugh at the fighter who wasted his life learning to swing a sword.

40k.

Countless Japanese LNs. Mahouka in particular.

The main character of that one is a lobotomized bodyguard for his sister, a pure Aryan maiden. Basically, with her you could breed a super-Wizard.

One other family resorted to incest to breed a super lightning magician, AND IT WORKED.

Pic related was all I could think of.

>TFW Correia's books will never get good roleplaying adaptations