How would Shadowrun Earth prepare for a full scale XCOM Alien invasion?

How would Shadowrun Earth prepare for a full scale XCOM Alien invasion?

Compared to some of the dangers Shadowrun universe faces on an almost daily basis (INSECT SPIRITS), XCom aliens don't even rate on the radar.

Magic and drugs.

Not necessarily in that order

Why not both, at the same time?
>tfw snorting some Cram and Novacoke before blasting people with spells
One pill makes you larger, while the other makes you small, man.

Guns & Magic.
Kinda makes you wish that Dunkelzahn's plan to turn a shitload of children into Drakes didn't fail, huh?

I'm now envisioning the greys with access to adept spells.
Jesus christ how horrifying

Nah, chummer, that's small fry.
Now the Azzies - oh boy. Just imagine what the crazy Azzies might pull with their blood magic.

Gold-plated attack helicopters blasting out Goblin Rock, armed with four underwing-miniguns that shoot Awakened bees, piloted by minotaurs wearing aviators and orange biker leathers.

Pfff, all their magical dick-waving and they couldn't even kill one Great Dragon.

Dzitbalchén first, next stop Pobre, Sirrurg for desert.

>piloted by minotaurs
You'd really trust the Greeks with this? I mean I don't even think X-Com trusted the Greeks.

>dissing the sons of Alexander

Next you'll be telling me he doesn't count because he was Macedonian...

The big threat they'd pose is to the satellite network.

And you do, of course, remember where the most important place in (or above) the world is?

There'll be back-ups already in place in case Zurich Orbital is destroyed. Nobody puts all their eggs in one basket any more.

I think the much, much bigger issue here is that the Ethereals might gain access to magic.

Plus, remember how much they improved ayys over twenty years with access to just baseline human DNA? Imagine what shit they could pull with all the shit present in Shadowrun. Even if they are beaten off the first time, if they get sufficient samples they will be back and be much, much worse.

Wasn't there a colony on Mars that had humans in them? The ayys can just invade that and use their DNA if they want some easy samples.

That is a possibility, aye, they would likely get up to XCOM 2 levels before the invasion of Earth proper. Now, picture this after a few years of skirmishes with Earth proper and gathering samples there: Nosferatu Chryssalids.

>Nosferatu Chryssalids
Lad that's not the worst part. Imagine Nosferatu Muttons, or worse what would happen if they got a sample of a dragon? It would be apocalyptic.

That's worth a campaign to prevent.

brb scribbinling notes to transition from a stereotypical pink Mohawk game to mib last hope for the world style Shadowrun game.

>HMHVV infected aliens.

>tfw some crazy fuck tries fighting on the aliens' side

>Just one crazy fuck.
Did you forget about snek tits already user?

user, I haven't played XCOM

Also I'm not a scaly

You aren't but others are. Especially in Shadowrun with all the metahumans.

>scaly
It's called xenophilia you fucking plebe

What's this about turning kids into Drake's? Explain further.

She's kinda cute! I liked the plot in UFO: Afterlight where you discover and make contact with a second Ayy faction, one not hostile to humanity, and can recruit auxiliary troops from. :3
Game was pretty shit other than that but oh well.