Somewhat original or twisted capes

What is your most original cape Veeky Forums? I have made quite a few and I personally really like the ones that are original or just a little changed in order to make them more interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_Ashton_Smith_deities#Ubbo-Sathla)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll start with my personal favorite. He doesn't have a name but he is a slight change on the multiple man type of superhero. He makes a duplicate of himself and turns into a swarm of himself. Now the special twist is that the clones don't go away. If they die there is a body if he makes more than are needed they live on. Because of this the city he operates in has around a thousand of him. After every battle they draw straws to see who goes back to the old life they once had. Most of the hobos in his city are him. I would really love to see some more super heroes like this who are just different enough to become very interesting.

I would also like to apologize for my grammar. English is my second language.

I had an idea for a slice of life with monsters, but out of that idea came a guy who was a ghost inhabiting the body of his comatose twin.

He'd be able to leave "his" body and do things like remote viewing, later on maybe a bit of poltergeist stuff (which would look like telekinesis when he's in his body). But being a ghost outside a body can be dangerous and can leave you vulnerable to scarier things

He'd do the ghost whisperer/PI thing as well as some light crime fighting

>wants to share my ideas
>don't want OC's to be stolen
>cautious sadness

>no one here is going to get famous off your idea
>everything's a stolen copy of a copy
>your idea isn't doing anyone any good stuck in your head

Don't listen to him user. They are watching and they WILL get rich off of YOU.

Undead Gunslinger shanghaied into government service after they interrupted the binding ritual some cultists were trying to place on him. I've based him partly off Stubbs The Zombie in terms of powers with a bit of dual revolver action thrown in as well.

>Replay
Power: Back Step, a.k.a. Groundhog Day; the ability to mentally move backwards through time. Instinctive on death, causing him to jump back the last time he woke up. Can be activated deliberately, jumping back to any point in his life.

>Blackblood (villian)
Power: Superhuman speed and strength, as well as regeneration, via nanotechnology. His blood is literally black like crude oil.

>The Squamous (villian)
Power: De-evolution; worships the ancient pre-human deity Ubbo-Sathla (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_Ashton_Smith_deities#Ubbo-Sathla) . Learned to devolve himself to gain the traits of humanity's animalistic ancestors. Has claws, tough scaly skin, regenerative powers, and superhuman reflexes.

>Octet
Geneticist & cyberneticist. Made 8 clones of himself, cybernetically enhanced them and linked them together in a mental collective. Basically he's the borg in minature, but he's a good guy.

> Beetleboy
> Enemy of the Orange Ogre, Anonymo, Poison, Professor Squid, among others
Some spider-man knockoff, I don't know. The idea popped into my head to be used as the comic series in my superheroic setting.

>Pestilence
Power: Can change the chemical make up of his body like another man can roll his tongue. He can move his cells like muscles and it translates to him having a healing factor and assuming he puts extra matter into his body, he can grow new limbs.

I called her Myopia, but wasn't sure of exactly how her power actually mechanically worked, either in-universe or as part of a game.

Basically, anyone she looks at with her special eyes slowly grows more and more 'myopic,' in all senses of the word. Their vision at a distance gets fuzzier and fuzzier, their field of vision shrinks, and they get more and more tunnel-visioned on their current goal until they totally forgot anything not related to that goal. A loss of fore- and farsight. Eventually if she stared at you long enough, you would be repeating whatever short-sighted actions you could manage with your shitty vision over and over because you lost sight of your greater objectives.

The idea is inspired by the monster in pic related in terms of mannerisms and abilities.

Apex used to be a meek white collar worker who just let people walk all over him because he didn't have much in the way of a back-bone and just excepted his lot in life until he suddenly had enough and suddenly transformed into a humaniod version of a zinogre. Rather then being a mindless beast he's more a uber confident mix of Tyler Durdin and the Dude who's taken to lounging and sleeping on rooftops and eating garbage and random animals found in the city

Aside from the typical super human strength and endurance when he transforms his body becomes more beast like until he looks like a giant dragon wolf of sorts then the extra body part slough off when he reverts back, which he can then eat to restore his energy afterwards

I played a guy in a mutants and masterminds game, his name was Hint, he had the ability to set a goal and his vision would tint(blue for good, red for bad)based on weather his current actions where helping him progress towards that goal.

the larger in scale the goal the less accurate the tint was, so curing world hunger was a no go but he could do some cool stuff like guessing computer passwords by hovering his fingers over keys.

i shot an invisible guy by pointing my gun in random directions till my vision went blue.

What means "cape"?

Recent slang for a superpowered person in a superhero/supervillain sort of setting. Comes from Worm, a webnovel that's waaaaay too long and wordy.

Singularity
He's my characters in an old man's heroes unlimited game.
His powers include:
Sonic flight
Gravity manipulation
Kinetic energy strikes

Using the gravity manipulation he emulates a strongman to lift heavy things in a low gravity or zero gravity field.
He uses the kinetic fists to hit like a strongman. He has normal human strength. Little lower even. He's only a teenager. He's part of a team with
>a man who's an Olympic level in almost every field.
>a man who builds robots, experimental weapons and super vehicles for fun
>a dr. Fate style magic user
>a pulp detective who behaves like justice league unlimited question

Singularity behaves like he's the weakest member of the team and relies heavily on using gravity manipulation for non-lethal takedowns. He looks up to the athlete and the mechanic because they founded the team and saw potential in him.

This is awesome

A super powered The Dude or Tyler Durden is bad ass.

I had a character in City of Heroes I RP'd who was a mutant that could create gates between realities and control gravity.

The issue she had with it is that while she had total control on when she did it, she was constantly seeing every reality all the time unless she focused, and had to do eldritch levels of mathematics to get things exactly as she wanted.
She basically had nothing else left to devote to emotions or had much conversational skills.

I came up with a magic-based villain before. He came across a rod that could create a single duplicate of himself and the rod and store matter in it. Eventually either copy of himself could 'poof' the other away into the staff transferring whatever loot they had collected in the rod. He ended up being this crazy magician who could lock himself up in a vault, clean it all out, then disappear in a puff of smoke on camera.

The man had no fighting power to speak of however. If he ever went up against a hero he'd be limited to using his 'inventory' to summon a flock of doves into the hero's face, trying to club them to death in a 2v1 with his doppelganger, or just split himself in two and dashing in opposite directions. He was definitely a C-tier at best, but I enjoyed just how catchable the guy was.

Psychic Iron-Man

Advance man-machine interface essentially redirects the neural pathways in the brain using portions of the brain that were used for some functions and re-purposes them. This however also has the side-effect of turning you into a cripple because you can't control your own body which is fine because the character's body was nearly destroyed anyways.