This is Lunar light cruiser Indomitable Truth to whoever is in command of penal regiment Theta Gamma...

This is Lunar light cruiser Indomitable Truth to whoever is in command of penal regiment Theta Gamma. Transport ship Informal Penance is dead in space. What is your status?
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dzvMcy0scm0
youtube.com/watch?v=uAoj8YQVxYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well apparently those thronedamn groxdicker paper pushers in the Ordo Hereticus thought it was funny to give me a job and then suddenly tell me they don't need me. So I'm here on an extra Thunderhawk wondering what the hell just happened.

To make things even better, I got a vox message saying that old Commissar Gaurun has reappeared! So I've got a few questions for a few people!

Engines are at bare minimum sir, we had a bit of an explosion, after having. Tyranid infestation. But it's fine now. You should be focusing on the planet below us. We fear it may also now have a Tyranid infestation.

Fuck, I forgot to title the thread.

>Can´t find a commlink or a station to respond.

>Is looking for the other regiment members in the meantime.

Very well. Are there any ground forces that require orbital support?

Who the hell is Commissar Gaurun? Some former Commissar honr rogue? Is this like that "Ameila" incident we had when Miranda wanted to eat that child?

I heard he was an commissar from before our time here. Apparently he was the one first assigned to this mess.

Admiral, the WHOLE ground unit may be infected.
Hawthorne, you alright? Don't worry about the comms, half the ship is dead from the explosion.

Dead, electrically, mind you. Not physically. God do I know how to set off a bomb. First I blow up power to half of Tranch's largest hive city, now this.

Yeah he was in charge a long time ago. Back when this was a normal penal regiment and things weren't so damn strange around here. Well, relatively speaking they weren't....

Anyway he's a decent man, and coming from a Catachan that's saying something...

Things were ever NORMAL around here!? I find that hard to believe... I've read some of the earliest posts, including g the field kit inspection which was HILARIOUS

I said RELATIVELY. And where did you come from anyway?

them's were the days alright

I´m allrigth Sargeant. Better than after the space hulk anyway.
>Is clutching her drone under her arm.
Do we just have to find a new power source or is this ship doomed?

Wait- You did this?

Penal regiment Theta Gamma is authorised to deploy on the surface. Keep your weapons ready, sometimes the muties have welcoming parties waiting for landers.

I'm going to assume you meant before being pulled in by Jackson, near the end of the Somerius campaign. In which case, I was stationed within the 277th Orvustillian Mechanised Infantry Regiment as an NCO and a demolitions expert, before it was wiped out during planet fall.

Patrol Group Hephaestus will provide orbital support where needed.

Anyone else play BFG?

It's a.... long story. Most of which includes being pinned down by infected fellow guardsmen and minor tyranids, along side a tech priest, Agent Greely, two guardsmen, and four servitors.... oh and the use of a makeshift bomb out of various explosives from armory 27 on deck 8.

I would have by now, but back on may 4th, while heading to flgs to run dnd,, a little 8 year old girl destroyed my laptop with a rock while we were waiting to get on a bus. Hence why I'm on my phone

>Somewhere in the Inquisitorial section of the ship, an iso-cell opens with a naked man tumbling out, his body covered with wounds
>He looks around slowly before heading over to an unguarded post.
>He rummages around until he finds his previously confiscated kit, putting it on, and turning on the voxcomms.

This is Trooper Boer, reporting for duty. Anyone here? I...I don't where am I and the ship's power seems to be down...

Missed a couple of threads. What exactly happened after the regiment got off the Spess Hulk?

Just passing by, probably won't stay to play today.

ATTENTION!

I've recieved a message qualified as important by our inquisitorial overlords:

Due to the recent events, namely a explosion that shaked the whole ship, a fake wall that sepparated the section of the regiment taken by the regiment from the rest of the bunch was broken. Thus, much chaos has ensured over the last days.

A new set of rules and codes of conduit have been issued:

#1 You may not share your meals with the non-inquisitorial personnel, they haven't earned it.

#2 Under no circumstances shalt thou give them access to inquisitorial records, channels or documentation whatsoever, by no means should they be allowed to roam over your section of the ship.

#3 Despite not part of the inquisitorial batch, Gaurun is still your superior and can issue any order he sees fit, as well as executions.

#4 You may not roam their section of the ship unless strictly neccessary, terminate any witnesses that are deemed fit to uphold the secrecy of your duties.

-PS: You don't share Cargo Bays with the non-inquisitorial Penal Regiment, that hole in cargo leads directly to engineering, stop trying to smug Amasec to their side whoever's doing it, we don't want drunken tech-priests again.

a fake wall that sepparated the section of the regiment taken by the INQUISITION*

Damn son, that sucks.

Mhmm. No offense Sargeant, but that sounds surspringly low key.

Bobs broodlord had kids and we had to slaugther them.

you have NO idea! It was a $1200 laptop, filled with a lot of personal things. Many of which can't be recovered due to the damage the inner components took (the caseing is fine, just the screen and all the inners are shattered

Holy hell, you are billing the parents, right?

Eh, details. I like to have several backup plans just in case plan A goes to hell. And since plan D wasn't accepted, I went onto use plan E(xplode everything within 180 feet). Would have been more contained If not for the fact I was in a rush to set it up.

>clutching his head Larrs wakes up groggy and pissed off.
>mumbling to himself about shunning places he looks around him
what's going on this time?

"This is Captain Crenshaw of the Punisher-Class Strike Cruiser "Herald of Imperial Goodwill" responding, acting under orders from Inquisitor Verasii and Interrogator Greely. Informal Penance has just purged a communicable xeno infestation. We think. Do not board.

>Greely still looks tired as hell

"A deck, which in function, no longer exists. "

sadly I didtn't find out about the damage until an hour later(laptop was in my backpack) when I got into the shop. Though I do have an approximation of where they live (they got on my first bus a little after I left home so they live within a 15 minute walk from me (suburbs)).

You missed the Emperor's day explosion. It was a hell of a barbeque. Freshly grilled and charred Tyranids.

>The NCO would give a simple shrug.
Details Greely... At least there shouldn't be anymore damned Tyranids on-board.

>Jackson walks in with a plate plate of homefries and a glass iced tea
So, what's going on...

r-right... that's just lovely.
>mutters to himself as he takes a gulp from his hip flask.

Emperor's day fireworks

Look at it this way Greely. Maybe now you can put in a requisition to have the regiment relocated a proper ship, and not some troop transport that's seen more battle damage in six months, then most heavy ships see in sixty years.

Greely!! Holy shit am I glad to see you. It's practically been a living hell... actually that was easier.

Oi! Where the hell am I supposed to tell the pilot to land? This damn Thunderhawk aint got unlimited fuel!

>Leaves to check if her quarters are allrigth.
That reminds me. Has anybody seen the girl Miranda saddled us with? The chief wanted me to take care of her.

Don´t jinx it please.

>He'd give the Eldar trooper a brotherly pat on the back. A shit eating grin on the NCOs face.
Relax Larrs. You're apart of "Dreg-Crosser" squad now. It's not like you don't have five or six of your squdmates trying to kill you at anytime. This should be normal to you by now.

The central area of the hive Calicem has been secured as a landing side. Enough flat area to land multiple Hawks.

>silence
right, so what is Dreg-Crosser up to today then?
>he offers you a sip from the flask.

"Why do you think the "Herald of Imperial Goodwill" is here? Well, besides me winning it from a Judge in a high-stakes card game. Crenshaw will be relieved to be able to return to Verasii's service if the Captain's amenable to taking command of her."

"Not sure what we'll do with the Penance though."

"Jackson! I've been looking all over for you. I was about to break into your Lab when one of your boys gave me holy hell. And where in Holy Terra has Alice gotten to?"

I'd suggest hanger three, port side. Area should be intact, as well as close enough for you to board one of the Penance's remaining Dropship for when we go down to Tranch
Trust me. At this point, anything else that happen to this ship would be a mercy.

Well, until we get official orders to deploy ground side, just do what the Dreg-Crossers do best. Stay alert and try not to get killed via "accidental friendly fire"

I'll reckon I'll be down there soon enough.

Alright, we're on approach.

>switches vox over
Greely. What's the situation at this time?

Well... have you thought about using good old fashioned plan D yet? I hear it works wonders when used against enemy bunkers.

>Has managed to find a commlink and is now conversing from her quarters. Is looking for a laundry box.

So, we need a new one? That request is going to be stuck in limbo from what I´ve seen of the administratum...

>grins back at him
I'll do my best.

"So I guess the new job didn't work out? That was quick."

"We've got a new ship, if our captain will have her. Won her in a tense game of Thrones, Skulls, and Swords. Needs some work, but it's a damn sight better than the Penance. Blood tests have come back clean so far, so we're probably good to transfer."

>Activating his Vox, he'd open up a channel
Hey Hawthorne! Sincs you decided a while back to switch over to good old cadian style flak armor. Would you mind bringing your old tau armor down to hanger three when you have a moment? I want to test something.

I suppose those of us still left and uninfected aboard the Penance should begin moving over any essential equipment to our transports in the meantime Sir?

>>Replies as she puts a box labeled "Gary" on her desk next to cleaning utensils.
Sorry, you´ll have to ask miranda. My armor had been taken to the space hulk thanks to a tau. Anyway... From what I´ve seen Miranda brougth only an arm back... So I can´t help you on that front.

Damn sheaf shufflers... Yeah I'll be pushing my contacts to help me out, for now I'm still stuck here. Well, new ship is pretty decent at any rate.

".. Plan D isn't for Imperial Resources. You really hate the Penance, don't you?"

"Right Away. Crenshaw will be glad to be relieved of duty so she can get back to her routine of orbiting Gospyria."

>leaning against the wall Mot starts to play to nobody at all
>youtube.com/watch?v=dzvMcy0scm0

Greely, If only I knew. Last thing I remember her saying is she was taking Delta aboard a Mallius ship to do shit. I don't know why.

>Hears all of this on the voxcom
Frak. Gotta move then.
>Checks map on wall.
Straight down passage...mumble...mumble...and it's on my right.
>Readies hotshot lasgun
Let's get to it then.

>surveys the new ship
>unloads the Metal Slug
>discovers a moderately spacious cabin adjacent to hanger, very close to storage bay big enough to keep his tank

Thisll do for now I guess...

I see... well I just got latest edition of "the uplifting primer" and I wanted to test out if what it said about imperial flak armor being better than any armor in the galaxy was true. Guess that idea goes down the drain.
you guys did read that post awhile back. You know, about that site with all the imperial primer manual stories like the one about not worshipping an imperial titan unless as a sign of the Emperor's power. Wiah I'd saved the link if any of you guys have it

I don't hate the ship, Sir. It's just that it's worthless when it comes to providing anything more than additional meat for the grinder.

Understood, Sir. I'll have my squad and any remaining troops aboard the Penance working on it.
Alright Dreg-Crossers. We've got our orders. Double time it to hanger three.

That includes you too Mot!

>he salutes and sticks his tongue out
righto sir!

Well, I can check if there are still tau equipment pieces left in the hull if you want.
>Drops the gasmask and puts the box labeled "Gary" aside.

You mean the site some anons made a thread about over the weekend with the uplifting primer like jokes?

>Throws her belongings, including cleaning utensils on the box and pulls the hull aside, grinning and looking at something.
Well, they do left something here. Hangar three, you said? Please don´t shoot.

>nods
got it, where are we landing and who are we shooting?

This is In-static- acolyte-static-don Novus. We ha-static-rge scale warp anomaly. -static-itor Alice Wellesley will meet you as soon as possible. If the warp d-static- not calm down before mission Tranch -static-ver, we will wait at the meeting on Scintilla

>taps earpiece
Serena, clean that up for me... I think I heard Alice's name in there...

Rolled 50 (1d100)

>About two-thirds to Hanger Three, passes by a laboratory
What the...

"One moment, Jackson. About the new ship."

>Pulls Jackson aside for a private conversation

"You may want to maintain a skeleton crew on the Penance. That ship is in my name, and while i'll be giving the captain the command, I don't want that ~thing~ on the Herald. You understand, right?"

>In an instant, the NCOs face would turn blood red with pure, unadulterated anger as he turns towards the Eldar.
How many times do I have e to tell you people! I AM NOT A SIR! I WORK FOR A LIVING YOU MOROOOOON!!! You and the others will address as Sarge or Sargent when In front of the higher ups, and Sarge or Malak when we're not! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!?! You're damn lucky I don't push you out the god damn airlock you moron!
>After a moment, his face would go back to normal, and his voice would change to its usual, kinder older brother quality.
Now let's move it! Who knows what the hell's going on down in Tranch.

righto sarge
>flips him off when he's not looking

>applauds
Good show, but next time, just throw the nearest heavy object at him. And don't miss.

I repeat. This is Inquisitorial acolyte Callidon Novus. We have encountered a large scale warp anomaly. Inquisitor Alice Wellesley will meet you as soon as possible. If the warp does not calm down before mission Tranch is over, we will wait at the meeting on Scintilla.

I think so. You got the link?

aren't we already a skeleton crew what with half the regiment planet side (and infected) while another quarter of us dead because of the tyranids and quarantine?

>flips off the Catachan as well.
keep your opinions to yourself.

There is Ibram Gaunt´s penal regiment from behind the fake wall.

>There are several guardsmen trying to reach others over vox and frantically talking about a small XV25 tau stealth suit dragging several boxes behind it and fortunally not damaging the hallway to hangar three.

Unfortunaly not, sorry.

Rolled 33 (1d100)

>It appears to be a weapons lab, its occupants ripped apart and corpse of both Imperials and genestealers alike strewn everywhere. A lone adept lies dead on top of pile of dead genestealers, his hands holding onto some kind of weapon.

Huh, this looks interesting.
>Takes weapon off corpse.

whoops. Forgot to link it to:

Greely doesn't have the exact casualty numbers handy, but he thinks Jackson has enough people to crew the Penance. He's not exactly the guy to go to for Imperial Navy stuff.

>He'd shrug as best he could, considering he's busy loading what little is left In essential equipment onto a transport.
Eh, I learned long ago, to never throw something at an Eldar. You're better off just hitting him in the back of the head with the butt of your gun. That, or strapping a live grenade to his armor when he's not looking.
>He'd subtly nudge his head towards the live flash bang he'd clipped into the Larrs armor when HE wasn't looking.

Did someone say Imperial Navy?

Rolled 87 (1d100)

>It appears slightly damaged but intact.
Slightly hefty. But it'll do.

>Rummages around the lab for more loot

Rolled 20 (1d20)

>notices the flash bang
catch
>rolling to throw it at Gary.

Just the man Greely's looking for

"Vice Admiral, How would you like a new command?"

[spoilers] OOps that was supposed to be for the captain of the penance, sorry about the mix-up.{/spoiler]

As He wills, Interrogator.

DAMN CRITICUS! YOU SCARY!
>Seeing this sight, he'd quickly shield his eyes and look the opposite direction .

>youtube.com/watch?v=uAoj8YQVxYA
>watches smiling and bemused by the shouting and flashbang throwing.

Rolled 23 (1d100)

>Finds a bloodstain technical manual with the title [Licht Amplifikation durch die stimulierte Emission von Radiation KraftWerk] and several parts that look like it might fit on the weapon.

Huh, I think that's it...Gotta move it.

>Puts loot and LKW Lasgun into bag and picks up pace to Hanger Three again

Greely... I've been out of it for a bit... business stuff... What thing? What happened?

"I have a Punisher Class strike cruiser in need of a Captain. Either you or the penance's captain fit the bill. Interested?"

>Whispers to you

"The abomination."

Rolled 14 (1d100)

>As he approaches the hanger bay, he turns around back and looks into the passageway behind him

>having experienced many, many explosions in the past, shrugs off the disorientation very quickly

One more chance you little xeno shit. One more. Try anything like that again and you will not live, regardless of what Verasii says. If you want to redeem your existence by serving the Imperium, you're gonna have some respect.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

>He hears more scratching and huffing breaths. Turns on voxcom and starts sprinting to Hanger Three
THIS IS TROOPER PRYCE BOER HAILING! WE'VE GOT INCOMING 'NIDS COMING IN FROM THE INQUISITORIAL SECTION OF THE SHIP HEADING TO HANGER THREE!
>Tossed all of his remaining grenades behind his back

I trust I would be able to bring my command staff with me?

Well how about that.
>grabs flamer

I think I'm gonna head outta here when this is done after all. Shit has gotten old...

>shrugs
I do my bit for the regiment...
which reminds me, I still haven't given you a blood test you know.

>Having finished packing away what remains of the regiment's essential equipment, Malak would begin attempting Vox Greely.
Sir, we've just finished loading up what's left of the regiment and it's equipment. Requesting new orders.

>gets up from one of the infirmary beds
Dammit! Its been weeks and we're still dealing with nids. This ship needs to be condemned.

>A loud sigh can be heard over vox.
I´m almost there. Just wait a second.
>The XV25 stealth suit arrives at hangar three and unloads her boxes before facing the hangar entrance with the suits weaponry.
Every day is tuesday here, eh...