If you were tremendously wealthy, would you employ a private game designer?

If you were tremendously wealthy, would you employ a private game designer?

No, I'd rather spend my own time designing a cool game.

No, I'd just do interesting shit for real.

If I was tremendously wealthy, I would retire and simply be my own private game designer.

This.

No. If I were tremendously wealthy, I would take my sweet time to do little else than design games myself.

Ideally , I find some time right now to design some games and get tremendously wealthy from that endeavor.

Why? At best, I might hire on a design team and actually publish games, but what's the point of hiring one guy to churn out systems that only I will play?

Heads up: irl PCs suffer injury and death.
Congrats to your heirs!

Shit, great minds
have no future in doing the things they love and will forever have a hole in their existence...

>Hire your favorite game designer to remake your favorite game with a new theme of your choice.

>that only I will play?

No one is stopping you from playing these things with friends.

Bah, my denial is strong enough to make me believe my meager talents will pay off eventually.

denial, delusion, whatever

So is mine, friend, so is mine. Let us thrive through our denial!

If I was tremendously wealthy, I'd hire a team of vidya game designers and do nothing but ideasguy and play tabletops

No, of course not. Only the dumbest retards on Veeky Forums believe that the best game for them is a super unique one-of-a-kind custom thing.

The best game is one that has a thriving community, with many people sharing ideas and running games. Not even the best game designer can provide that.

No. But I'd buy Paizo publishing and drive forth the ursers from the metaphorical temple (By kicking James Jacobs in his cunt, manually) to improve the general level of our hobby.
Service to the community and so on.

Why the fuck would I pay somebody to do my hobby for me?
I'd just publish my RPG and write supplements all day erry day.
Then I'd start a Wargame.
I'll pepper a few boardgames in between, because why not?
I'll call my company "user Games - Fuck you, I'm wealthy"

Also
>tremendously wealthy
I'll probably buy a small studio and make vidya too, just for the fun of it.

I would contact tarn adams and say:
"Here is a quest for you:
on the next DF version, every tile will have some specifis size X, OR the game will be gridless.
After/if you finish it, you will receive 1 million dollar"

I'd spend my money on better things.

Like miniatures and paint. And hookers and cocaine.

I'd rather hire that pretty Asian artificer girl to make clever little gadgets that serve no visible purpose. And, you know, receive the D.

>And, you know, receive the D.

Until she accuses you of rape and runs away with half your wealth.

You bring her in without proper immigration papers, so she can't go to the police without being deported.

It's like you've never semi-enslaved a foreigner before.

Hire a hooker, train her to be an artificer and a fuckpuppet.

This, foreigners pretty much aren't people anyways

Nah I'd put it into working on some of my card game systems
It's really the only dream I've ever had, I've been trying to make a good system for 10 years and I've scrapped probably 6 so far, 2 in the last year alone. I think I've got it down but if I had a ton of money I could speed up the process

We call them "temporary foreign workers". They're pretty much indentured servants who can be deported at any time for any reason. They're given room and board, and pocket money. Ostensibly this is a modified immigration system. In reality rich people hire qt asian maids and deport them if they complain about getting sexually assaulted.

God bless America!

It may not be the land of the free, but it's definitely the land for me!

No, but I'd keep a small team of artists on retainer to do on the spot comission work.

>sexually assaulted
I have a hard time imagining that, in 2016, any qt young Asian girl who took a job abroad as a servant to a rich white man would be surprised that her new job involved getting fugged.

What's she building?

A watch.

Well duh, but why stop there? Why not sell it to other people who aren't my friends?

I love designing games, so I'd do it myself.

I would hire researchers, and playtesters, and a design / Layout guy.

But most of all I would hire a team to sculpt and mass produce all the miniatures that no one makes. 90s Bosnian war miniatures, 1/600 zeppelins for WW1 air combat, etc.

That's retarded, I could just design whatever I want and pay artists and sculptors to create the art and game assets for it then pay a manufacturer to produce them.

It's like you haven't even thought about this in depth before you casual shit.

Yes. I would hire somebody to assist me. And maybe a small team of people to do the grunt work and actual writing. I'd be the idea guy.