Hey, its me, Memerakul! What? You were expecting some cute Marit Lage or Elesh Norn? Too bad! Now excse me...

Hey, its me, Memerakul! What? You were expecting some cute Marit Lage or Elesh Norn? Too bad! Now excse me, I have to go drink some more wheenie white tears because I killed their waifus.

Is this supposed to be Innistrad?

I also die to a fucking ruinous path.

mythicspoiler.com/emn/

So far I hate this set.

>wheenie white
It's white wheenie, you fucking nigger

Coax MIGHT be playable in older formats. Probably not though as it's a shitty Burning Wish, although I guess it means you don't have to play Red in like... OmniOath.

Disappointing outcome for a mediocre "mystery". Thank you wizard, for wasting everyone's time and proving once again that you are creatively bankrupt and you are currently coasting on your previous good ideas.

>So far I hate this set.
Dude, we have literally three cards and one UR spoiled so far. For all we know the rest of the set will be wall to wall Modern Staples, fun drafting environment, neat story, new waifus, actual interesting twists, and free steak, ponies, and ice cream for all.
I mean, it won't be, it's likely to be shit, but come on, man, it's way too early to throw in the towel.

Never followed the lore of MtG warhammerfag here but can you explain to a novice what the big deal is?

So far the whole not-elder god taking over a realm looks pretty fun.

>players lose interest in the mechanics and themes of a block by the third set, so we're gonna switch to two-set blocks to keep things fresher
>two blocks into the new structure
>we're gonna keep pushing this super specific tribe everyone was already sick of last block

Good job WotC.

Very very very long story short
>Once there were three elder gods that ate planets, the Eldrazi. Pictured is the oldest one, Emrakul.
>Three planeswalking wizards, Nahiri, Ugin, and Sorin, decided this would not stand
>They seal the Eldrazi in Nahiri's home plane.
>Centuries pass
>Ugin dies, Sorin pisses off to his home world of Innistrad and makes a super-angel and super-prison so vampires and demons won't eat everyone.
>While this is going on, Nahiri sees the Eldrazi almost break out and has to reseal it herself
>She goes to bitch out Sorin, Sorin is bad at talking, Nahiri is a cunt, fight breaks out and Nahiri ends up locked in Superjail and Sorin forgot to make keys to the superjail so things could get let out
>Fast forward about a thousand years
>Eldrazi break out for real this time, Sorin goes off and finds Ugin's tomb, time travel shenanigans restore Ugin to life.
>Superjail breaks in an unrelated incident, freeing Nahiri, she goes home and finds out the Eldrazi are eating the planet
>She decides to take revenge and summons Emrakul to Innistrad. Emrakul begins corrupting the plane long before she arrives, driving people crazy and mutating them
>Now Emrakul is on Innistrad ruining everyone's day.

It could've been cool, except they set up the whole "mystery" of the Lovecraftian corruption of this plane right on the heels of a block about these Lovecraftian horrors trashing a plane and oh yeah one of the big ones originally introduced was missing gee where could it have gone it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the issues in this other plans now whatever could it be wow what a mystery guys!

>expecting Elesh Norn instead of Jin-Gitaxis
wew lad

2/3 new eldrazi titans suck dick. Most of the other are neutered generic color pie monsters.

I miss Rise.

Ahem. Take any two praetors and pit them against each other. Which one is the only one that can beat all the others?

Gitaxas is the plastic cock of Norn's glogious trans-planar strap on.

They've already "killed" the first two, so here's hoping they decided to quick turnaround for Big Daddy-O here just so they can kill her too and we never have to deal with these three again.

Seriously, their concept is great and everything, and back in the day when PWs were allowed to be Gods it worked, but in a continuous story things like the Eldrazi titans have to be dealt with because their presence in the greater narrative casts a shadow on any story.

Also once I accepted we're doing Eldrazi again, I admit that I'm excited by the possibility that we're going to see silly types like "Vampire Eldrazi" and "Human Eldrazi Werewolf".

To put in Warhammer terms:
>An Ork, Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau and Space Marine team up to save a world from the avatars of Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle.
>They try once and manage to trap the avatar of Khorne, only for an evil Daemon Prince to release the avatar of Khorne and summon the avatar of Tzeentch. The heroes get BTFO.
>The heroes decide that the only way to make sure the avatars are gone forever is to kill the actual gods behind them.
>Through a convoluted version of the plan they used to trap the Avatar of Khorne, they call both Khorne and Tzeentch into reality through their avatars, and fucking kill them. Yes, that's right. Khorne and Tzeentch are now dead.
>Now the Craftworld Eldar of the team goes to another world to find someone who can help him track down the Avatar of Nurgle so they can do the same thing to it.
>It turns out that an insane Harlequin who previously trapped all of the avatars on the first world has decided to summon the Avatar of Nurgle to a new world as vengeance, even if it doesn't fit her character at all!

And the world that is going to be killed by this Avatar of Nurgle is one that we previously all loved, one of the all-time favorites.

It WAS Innistrad. Now it's memeville.

In all likely-hood, we probably won't be seeing Eldrazi on these creatures, just 'horror' instead.

That art is really fuckin cool

Emrekul seems more Tzeentch than Nurgul.

Umalog = consumption
Kozilek = corruption
Emrakul = madness

Are you retarded? We just got spoilered a specific Eldrazi card from this set, that means they're getting Eldrazy subtypes for sure.

I like her look at the very least.

Can't speak for what's going on in the story. I mean... I didn't exactly expect Emrakul because... well it was too obvious. But hey here we are.

I kind of dig her methodology compared to Kozilek and Ulamog.

Though that was apparently a retcon?