So Veeky Forums I was wondering is there a system which lets players be rulers of whole kingdoms with the GM making up...

So Veeky Forums I was wondering is there a system which lets players be rulers of whole kingdoms with the GM making up events that affect the players' domains.
I think I could play some nice games with such a system but frankly I've never heard of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

gregstolze.com/reign1/
projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/bitchtits-mcgee/meikyuu-kingdom/
ontlogy.wordpress.com/2014/12/16/fantranslated-japanese-tabletop-rpgs-grancrest/
1d4chan.org/wiki/Reign
drivethrurpg.com/product/59095/Reign
drivethrurpg.com/product/79955/Reign-Enchiridion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there are some books for pathfinder/dnd about making kingdoms. they have rules for making buildings and collecting taxes and stuff like that.

i forget the name fo the book tho

Nope because you are imagining both rpg and strategy wrong.

check the computer game called imperia to see how this would be

Isn't this literally Birthright?

Birthright campaign setting for AD&D 2nd Ed.

Adventurer, Conqueror, King by Autarch.

Yes the OP is probally 16 years old. I'm 36 and grew up playing 2nd Ed AD&D I swear tg/ makes me feel like a elderly grog with some of the youthful ignorance here.

Reign

gregstolze.com/reign1/

I've got a Mongoose Runequest splat with stuff like building costs and staff pay for running your own estate, hp for buildings and ships and damage for siege weapons.

It clicks onto the main system pretty nicely, seems broadly applicable to BRP based games as a whole, modular like.

Picked it up on the cheap off Amazon second hand.

I'm twelve and what is AD&D? Is it like D&D but more fast paced and sporadic?

Im 12, and this sounds like something pervy uncle Steve plays on Wednesday night.

No, he plays that high intensity, ultra realistic murder simulator, FATAL.

B-but puns are for funs.

Just say no to butt puns.

ACKS.

Reign.

Birthright a shit.

This. Also An Echo Resounding for more OSR stuff, and straight up Kingdom for storygame fun times.

I'm only 28 and I feel the same way thanks to starting on 2nd Ed when I was eleven or something....

JRPG about exploring the Dungeonverse to stabilize the shifting corridors into a livable nation.

Have you tried D&D?

Pathfinder's Kingmaker.

It's really not that good for this.

People will recommend Pathfinder's Kingmaker, but it's actually pretty bad in play.
The way shit goes down as you get far in makes me think it's praise is from people who just used it as a starting point and either didn't finish it, or simply abandoned it and went with their own thing (which is perfectly fine, and even preferable).

This is a good post
I think I'll make a point of occasionally copying it in the future

This seems charming as fuck.
Any more material for it, or is this as much as exists?

>projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/bitchtits-mcgee/meikyuu-kingdom/
Here's a run down on everything. Plus some art from the book.

>ontlogy.wordpress.com/2014/12/16/fantranslated-japanese-tabletop-rpgs-grancrest/
Grancrest. Run a country, smack down monsters, pretty straight forward and effective mass combat rules on top of it.

For just that try The Quiet Year.

For that in the background of a normal game the Reign Company Rules are your best friend.

Reign was made for exactly that.

OP here thanks for the suggestions guys I'll look into them all.
I tried googling this shit but I couldn't find anything also I'm pretty new to pnp rpgs so I don't know many systems either, everything I donknow I got from here.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Reign
gregstolze.com/reign1/
drivethrurpg.com/product/59095/Reign

>drivethrurpg.com/product/59095/Reign
Naw, man. Start here.
drivethrurpg.com/product/79955/Reign-Enchiridion

If it helps at all:
Make Your Kingdom / Meikyuu Kingdom and Grancrest have a similar core premise, which is carving out an area of stability in a world of literal chaos.

Make Your Kingdom is on the sillier side of the seriousness scale, with some joke monsters, a maid class and a 'Fat' status effect. It can still do life threatening danger, but leans towards lighter, dungeon delving adventures.

Grancrest is on the grimmer side of the scale, akin to Warhammer Fantasy in places, as magic in the setting taps into the 'chaos' that is clawing at reality and there's a greater chance of there being a geo-political clusterfuck or eight at any given moment. It's not grim dark, though, since there's hope of driving back the chaos and the PCs can actually make a meaningful impact on the world, instead of just stalling the inevitable.

I don't know shit about Runequest or Reign, so I can't comment on those.

ASOIAF

Does anyone have the original book for Make Your Kingdom / Meikyuu Kingdom?
I need art.

Best I can offer is user's link over in Seems to have a fair bit of the art among the rest.