Ripple, Stellar, OmiseGo. What's the point of these coins? They exist to serve as the backbone for fiat transfers...

Ripple, Stellar, OmiseGo. What's the point of these coins? They exist to serve as the backbone for fiat transfers, but what's the reasoning behind having to create a new coin for all of them instead using the existing ones, and what's keeping the companies from switching to other coins and technologies for the transactions in a heartbeat, rendering the current coins absolutely worthless? Help me understand Veeky Forums.

>instead
instead of*

Bump my friends. This should be an easy answer to those of you who are balls deep in these projects!

Actual bump! I'm so inpatient hehe

So how long exactly is the bump limit now

They are competing projects.

Ripple is for large Fiat transfers for banks, corporations, govts

Lumens is the chasing Fiat transfers for people, point of sale systems, retail, warehouses, etc(where IBM is)

OMG is lumens, for Asia

>companies from switching to other coins

Nothing they are a coin with competition. All coins have or/will have competition. I'm balls deep in XLM because of their current market cap and deal with IBM. Does a coin with competition disqualify it from being a good investment?

XRP allows you to make payments in 4 seconds for 0,0003 USD. It's a no-brainer that this, along with regulations enforced by the government and mass adoption of banks and also retail is going to be the biggest new players on the market of payments.

Even if Ripple will only get 10% of VISA's market cap, it would place XRP at 2$.

Great, thanks for the answer. Still leaves me unsure about what brings value to the coins per se.

But isn't the main business working with retail and transferring fiat to crypto? What makes the backbone, the coins, irreplaceable and valuable?

Ripple is such a steaming piece of shit. Save yourself. I got fucked by XRP badly

This I get, and this is the big promise of these kind of coins. Ripple is aimed at bank internal use though, so I'd feel more safe betting my money on XLM or OMG. But what I still don't get is why can't the companies dup XRP, XLM or OMG at any point and use IOTA or whatever newest hottest coin for the actual transactions?

Behold, the ADHD riddled Veeky Forums trader who can't hold longer than a week

>dup
dump*

Anyway, if XRP or XLM ever were to become deprecated by the companies, their value would sink to 0. Isn't that a huge risk to take? I'd much rather bet on the companies than the current coin they're using.

With these 3, you're betting on the companies more than on the token. Who can lock up the big banks? Who will Amazon get in bed with? Who will get a big partnership?

Spread to all, load up on XLM and XRP while their cheap.

Yes, I get it and appreciate that at least one of the companies are likely to skyrocket, but how does investing in their coins actually equal investing in the companies? Shouldn't we be moving to the stock market to do this?

i will not promote these coins to neets who won't do their own research

>bump, bump, BUMPPP pls i'm a faggot

shut the fuck up faggot and don't buy my coins

Duping takes time, developers, and a understanding of what the hell crypto is, how the markets work, what the risks are- the latter of which no institutional money has just yet. Change is scary, so they'll make partnerships to do the work here, just as before.

How long have banks had to come up with something better thank SWIFT?

listen smartass nobody knows which coin is going to triumph at the end or if even the currency is necessary this entire market is purley speculation if you cant handle that go trade copper futures with that OP who comes on once a week or some shit

I'm not trying to be hostile, I'm just trying to understand.

Sounds like you just put your life savings into ripple and can't even answer my simple question

They are competitors like Uber and Lyft, Airbus and Boeing, iOS and Android.

You don't know yet who comes out on top, so you either watch the projects closely or buy each token.

If you believe in tokenized payment solutions, that is.

Oh, and don't waste your money on REQ.

i'm not gonna waste time answering your questions because i don't care about you succeeding. i just want to load up on good coins while they're cheap and i don't need faggots buying and bringing the price up

and i don't own any ripple already took profit on it

Yet you're gonna spend hundreds of characters with retarded "I'm right and you're wrong" crap while we both know you don't have any answers

you're the one beggin anons for investing advice. go all in on ripple i dare you. it's a scam. the team has ripples which they sell to institutional investors in a sketchy way and have been accused of scamming already. premined units and centralized control.

that a good enough answer for you? i'm invested in omg and link among others, but i know you won't listen to what i say and will depressed when you see those coins in a year or 2

kys adhd douchebag

Nice dodge. I don't expect you to give me investing advice since you just made clear you have none

yup you're right

Speed

I know why XLM is a sure bet now. Similar to iota they are going to bounce of beeing based on different tech than the "old" blockchain. And they are releasing partnerships with solid tech firms. XLM will probably release more about partners this 7th december.

But always remember. NEVER HOLD ALTCOINS

>5k
Wow.

If you want credibility you'd be better off just giving a haphazard explanation about what will make the coin's value correlate with the company's value. If you don't, I have nothing else to say to you.

The beauty of stellar is that it provides a fast and publicly available blockchain, like ethereum does. Which draws in many parties and coins that want to make use of it.

Stellar sure sounds like the most potential coin to me. It's currently way too high for a solid investment though, IMO, been climbing like crazy and a correction is imminent.

It is true that its high right now, I am confident that it will continue to rise until the 7th. If we are lucky like with IOTA, the news is great. But the correction for Stellar since the pbc bleed is finished, and its rising more organically now, I think.

>instead using the existing ones, and what's keeping the companies from switching to other coins and technologies for the transactions in a heartbeat
ive always wondered this too regarding all those niche coins that do the same ole shit

network will host the company's transactions that they are already processing which is over 1 million per minute

der

You're right. You have a good point and it's nice that you made it. Still, I'm currently researching about investing directly into satoshipay and the rest, since I'm not convinced the coins themselves are the most reliable factor here. What if Stellar's blockchain for example turns out not able to handle global transactions, and they switch to a DAG crypto like IOTA? We'd lose everything.