You have 10 seconds to come up with a single good reason for this card being blue

You have 10 seconds to come up with a single good reason for this card being blue.

You can't. It should be colorless.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-2010-rules-change-2009-06-10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it makes sense within the mechanics of all the cards that will be in standard when this one is presumably

Because if it was green I would die.

It should be white.

I'm so tired of hiding and filtering magic threads
fuck off to your generals already

It should be cost , or white which has exile in its color pie.

Because it comes out of the water in the shipyard

Because it makes Omnishow Tier 0

It's a magic spell and blue is the color of magic

If it was colorless retarded eldrazi decks would just be getting free tech
At least this requires you play a whole 1 blue source. Wow. So spooky. It must be so hard to cast your colorless cards considering you cant even cast colored spells now you fucking mouth breather

The card would have worked in any colour except red and maybe black. The main precursor for this card are the Judgment wishes, these are an actual cycle, whereas cards that interact with exile are very far and few between and appear in no particular colour.

1) Blue is a primary colour to have gotten Eldrazi in BFZ and OGW.

2) This is primarily a wish card, not a grab from exile card, so the colour isn't so important.

3) Even if this did primarily interact with exile, white was never primary in that, green had just as many effects in riftsweeper, and blue has gotten it more recently in torrent elemental and misthollow griffin.

Colourless costs was a mechanic of OGW, they're not going to bring it back for a singular card. Alternatively, if you meant if should have just cost 3, I'm not even going to touch that because it's about as fucking retarded as thinking this card can't be blue.

I should add, the wish cycle did used to be able to get things that were exiled, furthering the argument it doesn't matter what colour this is. They were changed to not be able to do it because it was unclear and they needed to solidify the rules, making the exile zone an actual game zone.

Maybe becouse the creature you are going to summon is COMING OUT OF THE BLUE?

(kill me please)

Maro is a manchild.

Incorrect. "Removed from the game" and "outside the game" were two different zones.

sorry if this was already answered, but can this bring in cards not in standard

I definitely don't think this is the case.

Meta-shit and library manipulation have always been in the U wheelhouse

Wait... Outside the game like... In my pocket? Like, any card I want ?

Kind of unrelated, but instead of making a new topic, which of these card draws is preferable these days for eternal formats, Timetwister or Wheel of Fortune?

I get that Timetwister is part of the P9 and blue, but I think Wheel of Fortune can be just as good, if not better, when you can make use of the graveyard.

If you're not strictly playing Blue then Wheel is the better card

You not only get to exploit your graveyard with something like Yawg's but it's also just pure card draw that allows you to access the rest of your library much faster

In constructed formats such as Standard and Modern, "cards you own outside the game" are limited to your 15-card sideboard.
In casual games where no sideboard is used, you can literally go fetch any Eldrazi card in your collection.

Is this real????
would be a hell of an addition to blue tron.
lools kind of like an un set card.
since it says outside of the game, can I really grab the old emrakul from my bag and add to my hand, can i snatch an emrakul from another player who isn't my opponent?

i prefer wheel right now since timetwister was only good back when you could have a deck consisting of x20 of them x20 lotuses and x20 fireballs or something ridiculous like that

in competitive play 'outside of the game' means 'sideboard'

Damn it competitive fuckers, you've ruined my low brow eldrazi trolling.

Dabadi dabadie

New topic fags, what is the concensus on MTG youtubers?

>you own

I wasn't aware they existed, though I suppose they must now that I actually think about it.

For the love of God, Montressor, this!

Yes, it can! Good question. The deckbuilding rules only apply to your Deck. Once the game starts, your deck stops being a deck and becomes a library, no longer beholden to pesky rules such as Standard Format Deckbuilding rules, or the 4x Limit. If you can find a way to get a 5th card of a printed name into your library after the game starts, it's still legit.

because they need to boost blue a little bit,after all it is the shittiest color in the game as they always overbuff colors like red and green

Because historically speaking moving a card to a player's hand is a blue ability unless it is being moved from a graveyard (in which case it is historically black).

Discovery at the drownyard was the direct precursor to this card and it was blue.

No user, no card should be colorless if it isn't land or artifact.

if they were trying to keep the number of colorless cards in the set to a minimum I could see it. But it doesn't look like they are doing that.

dealing with stuff from exile is not strictly white. It's shown up in blue before.
There are several valid complaints about this card, but 'blue doesn't interact with exile' is not one of them.

I was originally gonna copy paste the card word for word with that art. but then I couldn't help myself after realizing what a bunch of green dudes reminded me of.

Only in sanctioned events it means sideboard, otherwise it's any other card you OWN.

It should be one colorless more and devoid.

The only times they lost were when they failed to find Emrakul after their first Griselbrand activation, that won't happen anymore now that they have 3 Emrakul and 4 Emrakul tutors in the deck.

green is so busted right now if we are being real
it could have been blue, black, or red. summoning a world destroying horror takes knowledge(blue), a lack of consideration of the plane (black) and guts (red). It is in no way white or green. Id also argue glittering wish is in the wrong colors.

There won't be any devoid cards this set.

>wanting generals
Kill yourself, lads.

If not colorless then at very least Red or White... because that's the Mana Nahiri use to cast THAT spell.

With her Lithomancy

Which is red (or white? I'm a little vague on that.)

Because pulling from exile is blue and white, and tutoring is blue and black. So, a tutor and exile puller is blue.

At least we don't have to filter nearly as many quests.

>Which is red (or white? I'm a little vague on that.)

Lithomancy is pure W (see Stoneforge Mystic, or the first Nahiri card), R is just her attitude and personality at this point in time.

>Alternatively, if you meant if should have just cost 3, I'm not even going to touch that because it's about as fucking retarded as thinking this card can't be blue.

Why tho? A colorless sorcery would be very Eldrazi, and not unprecedented. It would probably have to cost more if it was colorless, tho, maybe 5 like the Ring of Ma'Ruf

Twister hoses many graveyard based strategies.

The spell in this case isnt being used by Eldrazi though

It's going to be a nice addition to the Izzet Eldrazi Control deck.

Yes, for the love of god Fortunato.

But seriously, if you don't like it, ignore them.

because time and dimensional stuff is typically under blue.

>It should be colorless.
>three cost card that can undo exile
>let it be able to go in literally any deck

Holy fuck OP, you're really bad at Magic.

In tournaments the only cards you're allowed to get from wish cards are those in your sideboard. Your sideboard has to be Standard legal to play. So no you can't use this to get Modern and Legacy cards into a Standard game.

There are tutors in literally ever color.

Most things are in every color when you look close enough. Blue and black just do it best.

Each is situationally better than the other. You can do some insane things with timetwister, since it's technically a card recursion engine.

But you can also do some insane things with Wheel of Fortune, since it puts cards in your graveyard.

Both are incredible value.

...and still can only run 4 show and tell. Sneak and Show is just better.

Also, Cunning Wish can already fetch Emrakul with an Omni out. This is just a bad version of that.

please look things up before spreading misinformation, it isn't that hard. Cunning wish being able to get cunning wish was important for mirari's wake decks in standard.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-2010-rules-change-2009-06-10

"The Details: This is, for the most part, another cut-and-paste terminology change. Every card that removes something from the game, from Jester's Cap to Astral Slide to Identity Crisis, will be getting errata to use the word "exile" instead. But none of these cards are functionally changing.

However, the acknowledgment that this zone is, in fact, fully within the game does bring about functional changes to the six Wishes, Ring of Ma'rûf, and the Research half of Research & Development. These cards let you get cards from "outside the game," which has been ruled to include your card collection (in casual games), your sideboard (in tournament games), and the removed-from-the-game zone. That's no longer the case. Exiled cards are not outside the game (and you could argue that they never really were), so these cards will no longer be able to access cards in that zone. Their primary functionality—getting cards from your collection or sideboard—remains unchanged, of course."

It's literally in water you fucking dink.

It's coming up
It's coming up
It's coming up
It's dare

It's not the first time that Blue was able to interact with cards in exile.

Because summoning the Eldrazi is a dick move.

And you have 20 seconds to come up with a single good reason as to why Eldrazi are extremely aggressively costed colorless creatures

Oh wait, you can't. I could give you 20 minutes and you still couldn't.

Coax from the Blind Eternities doesn't interact with cards in exile. Exile is a public zone within the game.

Fuck off namefag

And you have 20 seconds to come up with a single good reason as to why goblins are extremely aggressively costed red creatures

Oh wait, you can't. I could give you 20 minutes and you still couldn't.

Jesus Christ, fuck off namefag.ive seen you posting lately and all you write is shit. Here in a bit your gonna become the new chandere

Wtf is the point in have a name? It just makes you look like a narcissistic asshole on an anonymous chat board

"You may choose an Eldrazi card you own from outside the game or in exile"
>or in exile

The only advantage this type of deck MIGHT have over traditional omnitell is that they can wish for an Emrakul and just show that into play more reliably. But if they do that without omni out it will be over 2 turns and they'll telegraph their plan horribly. Doesn't seem overpowered

incidentally there's also a ruling that you can't buy your opponent's cards in the middle to become its 'owner', the game checks that at the start

As someone who plays MTG mostly causally, how does this card work? I have never used cards that allow me to choose cards from outside the game.

Lets say I go to the pre-release and pull this card, how do I use it? Do I bring some eldrazi cards that I have sitting around or am I limited in someway?

Then lets say I'm playing with my buddies and I put the Coax Cable card into my blue fairies, wizards and artifacts of fun™ deck. Can I go open up the binders full of cards I have to find the one Eldrazi card I wanted while playing?

If its in any kind of official or public event, you can only fetch from your sideboard. Casually, technically you can pull from anywhere, but its probably better to agree on how you want it to work with them first

So for the pre release, I will have to have pulled an eldrazi as well if I want to use the card?

It uses water magic

all broken cards must go in blue

>3 mana worse version of living wish (it could pull exiled cards at the time it was printed)
>broken
Seriously?

I think he was being sarcastic.

>misthollow griffin
Many blue cards interact with aether. Most blue flicker cards talk about that by referencing aether

>You have 10 seconds to come up with a single good reason for this card being blue.

Emrakul was known as a water goddess on Zendikar. And a lot of her colored eldrazi are going to be blue I bet.Also because it's using Innistrads blue mana(the moon and oceans) to pull a colorless monster into the plane.

because it is card draw. and blue is the color most associated with interdimensional magic and time magic.

moon is blue mana?

Mono
Blue
tron

>Moon mana
>Blue

>You can't. It should be colorless.
And if it were colorless, it would fuck up the color pies tremendously. This is the inherent problem with colorless and why there were very few colorless things to begin with that didn't have an abhorent restriction like the colorless mana symbol.

The inherent problem with colorless is anything can abuse it, and in the right deck a colorless card can be abused in so many ways. When you create something that's not only good but colorless you enable every deck that could make use of it to ask themselves "why not." It's comparable to the four-color cancer that was Khans~BFZ block. Anything that could splash blue splashed blue and it's what attributed to flipjace being in essentially every topping deck.

If Coax were colorless we'd be seeing sideboarded Eldrazi run for super specific matchups that would game the hell out of Game 1, which is very much likely not what Wizards would've intended the game revolve around and why they haven't printed another wish in several years. On top of that, being able to rip Eldrazi that were lost out of exile in any color would break apart the exile mechanic as a whole for eldrazi-centric decks. Spot removal like Declaration would be dead against the standard Eldrazi deck, and the only way to top such a thing would be a card that's rotating out as soon as Kaladesh drops.

I'm probably stretching shit a bit but my overall point is it's blue for a very good reason.

>moon mana
>not blue

Tamiyo? Literally a moon-folk. Tidal influence, etc.

Because blue's color slice is the whole god damn pie.

Nigger, can't you read
>Magically poofs an emrakul into my hand when/if I want it in bleu tron.
Not disagreeing with you but this reply is obligatory
>muh color pie
Truuuu lol.

Flavorwise, that would make no sense. The colorless spells are spells that originate from the blind eterneties. This originates from a regular plane, it's just opening the gate to the Blind Eterneties. If it was colorless it would make no sense.

Moon mana is blue and colorless.

The fuck you say, you little bitch?