The goddess is smug, arrogant, petty, vain, childish and prone to jealousy

>The goddess is smug, arrogant, petty, vain, childish and prone to jealousy
What kind of quests would such a goddess send her paladin and clerics to complete? Would there be specific domains that fit or clash with this attitude?

>burn unbelievers' temples
>give angry sermons in public discrediting other gods on those other gods' holy days

Goddess of eternal youth? Chaotic Neutral. Quests - whatever flies her boat and rustles "that baka god"'s jimmies

Debate representatives of other religions in their own temples
Write books and plays mocking the above

try and bring honey on airships
give sermons attacking Moorish artificers

>smug, arrogant, petty, vain, childish and prone to jealousy

So, like the better part of the greek pantheon, Hera in particular?

>try and bring honey on airships
I don't get it.

>Orders her followers to not only condone, but actively finance the Dark Lord's conquests because the look on Heironeous' face when the capital of his favored kingdom is burned to the ground will be priceless

To get money for her since she is poor and only a goddess of party tricks.

Annihilate all humanity

This.

I want Aqua to sit on my face and let me eat her ass and pussy.

Why would you? She deserves everything bad coming her way.

This goddess sound like a pathetic freeloader and no one should worship her.

That being said, I'd still be her paladin, go on quests to beat up children who said her name sounded "funny", wake up early in the morning to buy her favorite sweets, since they ALWAYS run out, and, of course, work hard to help pay her debts with other gods, since, while she loves to gamble, she has absolutely no luck.

I do it because, I mean, who else is gonna do it? I can't just leave her alone. She might die, nuke a town or something.

Plus, shes cute.

Her paladins and clerics could convince her to become a prostitute.

That's cute Paladin-kun

I want to feed Aqua to a giant toad.

>That's cute Paladin-kun
S-Shut up! I'm not worshiping her because I LIKE her or anything! I just liking helping the weak and she fits the bill! Who could like such a worthless goddess? I'm just helping because I have to...

I want to play a paladin who's tsundere to his goddess now.

I want a NEET goddess now.

I want a lot of things.

>hikikomori goddess that draws divine power from collective apathy
>temples are always full of dust and trash, through supernatural means

I imagine she would look like Tomoko.

user, it's okay.
I'll sit here and want with you.

>clergy sees keeping the temples clean as a chore, but they do it because it needs to be done
>goddess's clergy actually powers the goddess the least, as they're *not* being apathetic

>goddess's clergy actually powers the goddess the least, as they're *not* being apathetic
That's fucking hilarious. It seems like her followers are some of the hardest working people, seeing as anyone else who knows of the goddess sees it as a waste of time.

>Worshipers of the NEET goddess are really hardworking people
What kinda oxymoron is this this? It's amazing.

Retrieve for me the holy training relic known as.... Dark Souls III

And uh, a six pack and a pizza too, but don't tell anyone of your quest

Seems rather fitting. A NEET/hikikomori lifestyle only works if the individual is being supported by others/their environment.
Their hardworking devotion is what allows the goddess to live comfortable, albeit isolated.

Who knows? Maybe she's actually the Goddess of Entropy. If her faithful quit, Creation would begin to unravel.

>Cultists attempt to bring about the end of days
>Eventually realize the futility, give up
>Giving up actually works towards their goal

Is this an animu reference? Because if it is, I kinda want to see it, since All kind of sound neat.
Plus, is my fetish

Look up konosuba you want regret it.

Literally everything in your post is related to KonoSuba in one way or another.

>tfw all my characters are atheist

I once had an atheist fighter who would go around vandalising churches and altars. He eventually saved up enough money (it took a really long time) to buy a small town in which he outlawed the worship of gods.

Well might as well shitpost a *tips fedora* your way before uncle /pol/ does

>your players face when his atheism is such that his no-belief empowers him such that he spontaneously becomes an Ur-Priest and he grants himself divine magic.

Mess up other pantheons.

"Look, I became a paladin to help people and slay evil things, not to do beer runs and read gay fan fiction to you."

"Come on! I need you! Please, I'm sorry! You don't have to read the entire thing, just the regular parts, I'll read the lewd parts!"

"No! I'm gone! I'm gonna see if the War Gods have an opening."

"I-If you go, the world will end!"

"What?"

"You're my last follower, if you go, I'll have nobody. I'll shut myself inside, everyone is gonna be like, 'Hey, I wonder where the goddess of entropy is?' Well, you know what? I'm gonna be unraveling the universe!"

"Are you seriously holding the universe hostage?"

"Get me a beer and start reading, choir boy. If you walk out, yeah, you won't have to read gay things, but the world will implode. Is that worth it?"

"No".

"There you go. You just saved the world. How many paladins get to say that? Now back to reading, please.

"Yes, my goddess."

Oh, wait, is that what this gif is from?
Tell me more

Yup, little miss rainbow puke.

Yes, it is.

Konosuba is self aware parody of the isekai genre, where characters are transported into another world, usually a fantasy setting with magic. They often become extremely powerful very quickly, obtain rare equipment and end up traveling with attractive women. The main character in kono suba spends the first few episodes doing manual labor to earn his next meal and freezing in the barn where he sleeps, and all of the party members he ends up with when he actually starts adventuring are idiots. There are other characters in it who resemble the typical isekai MC, further mocking the genre.

I won't say too much, but if you've seen or read enough isekai to be sick of the same cliches appearing in nearly all of them it's worth checking out.

>I won't say too much, but if you've seen or read enough isekai to be sick of the same cliches appearing in nearly all of them it's worth checking out.
Not him, but I unironically enjoy both isekai clichés and their parodies.

Is "isekai" the Japanese version of Chronicles of Narnia and John Carter style stories? I've actually been wanting to run a game like that. I've seen like one episode of No Game, No Life, but I think MaR is the only other one I know of (and I liked that manga).
Although I guess "trapped in an MMO" stuff counts? In which case Log Horizon is the best I've seen.

I generally don't like having subtitles that don't match dialogue, but I'll give this a look see. Sounds like it might help inspire a game I want to run, or at least poke fun at the ideas I want to use.

That's fine too, I guess. I could have expressed it better but my point is that familiarity with the genre will help a lot here, whether you actually like it is less relevant.

I'm not familiar with john carter and it's been too long since I read narnia, but isekai refers to stories where the protagonist is transported to another world.

John Carter is an Edgar Rice Borroughs (Tarzan guy) series of pulp stories that more or less created the "Sword and Planet" genre.
In it a Virginian soldier dying during a fight with some Injuns is transported from the Antebellum US to Mars, here called Barsoom, a world of warlords and strange creatures and fantastical technology. It's a really early fantasy/scifi series written in the turn of the last century. Also the main character and narrator is an insufferable cunt.

You might know it from this famous cover, by Frank Frazetta.

And Narnia of course is a series where a bunch of kids stumble across magical portals to a fantasy world inhabited by Greek gods, evil Muslims, witches, talking animals, and fauns. Usually they end up helping Lion Jesus fix some problem with his world's shit.

>What kind of quests would such a goddess send her paladin and clerics to complete?

If it's pic related? Probably get her a bunch of money and/or booze. Aqua's such a loser.

It also contains explosions.

Rude.

I would say that there are similarities, but isekai stories are very much "JRPG world" based, whereas stuff like Narnia and JC have pretty distinct settings. It can be pretty much guaranteed that the world of an isekai story will have levels, generic 'demon king' villains, typical JRPG fantasy professions and races, and a standard not-medieval-England environment (but it won't actually be set in an RPG, the world will just resemble an RPG in terms of internal logic).

JC is closer, as, like most isekai, it's pretty much power fantasy wank at its very core, while Narnia isn't at all that sort of thing.

>Sold to be a slaaaaaave.

>Aqua's such a loser.
I bet you like the undead too, faggot.

You shit talkin' my wizfu?

To be fair, Wiz is adorable.

>waifuing something that loves to hang out in gloomy, dismal places and is basically related to slugs
You have no one but yourself to blame.

they'd be doing lots of one-upmanship shit, but not telling the mortals that's what they were doing, but then ribbing the other gods over accomplishments that they take full credit for inspire of their minimal participation

flying with liquids. TSA bullshit, etc.

What about elfinity and dwarfinity?

seriously, sounds wonderful. Finally, a goddess i can get behind. One with flaws, one thats a bitch but at least solid in her ways.
"What god or goddess do you follow young paladin?"

"Aquaina"

"B-but, she's, well, she's Aquaina. Why?"

"Yeah, one time, she sent me to go break this other god's vase. It was hade's and 116 floors underground through hell dogs, gazer's, demons and other horrible dark shit, I found it. Broke it, then she appeared and laughed and laughed and laughed. Asked for a reward and she said her laughter award enough."

"That's horrible"

"I got to go through hell and back, break some god's vase and cause a goddess to break into the giggles over it while having a normal conversation. If i die, I know I'm going to her good place because she's too fucking jealous to send me anywhere else. Next week she wants me to go and I quote "Steal herme's chosen wife because she looks better than me and called me annoying"

"I'm...a follower of hermes"

"Then I'd not ask for his favor next week. He'll be a little devoted to killing me."

Her doctrines are pretty much live in the moment because you might not get a chance to and generally do whatever the hell you like. She accepts anyone as a follower no matter what fetish. Also demons and zombies must be exterminated on sight.

Constant pissing contest again the Goddess across the street

>that Bitch is having a new temple made! Make two!

>Her Champion is Sung about in every Tavern in the city! You need sings about you in every Tavern in the country. . No! The World!

The guy in track suit is the MC.
He died in real world while trying to save a girl but then as he is before the goddess hearing what happened it is revealed that the car was actually just a slow ass tracktor that was stopping and the guy died of shock.
Goddess then teases him and laughs at him mercilessly and gives him an offer to go to magical universe, kill the dark lord there and then get a free wish.
For this quest he gets to bring one thing he himself chooses.
The goddess isn't paying attention and the feller chooses her to teach her a lesson.
Hilarity ensues!

>>The goddess is smug, arrogant, petty, vain, childish and prone to jealousy
So, basically Zeus?

must figure out more idle bullshit and rewards she would give.

But here's the question, is she sexual? By the nature of being both vain, jealous, smug and arrogant, i would assume she'd be like one of those royals that fuck whoever they want because their better than you and fuck you, they feel like it.

To defeat the evil lords.

She doesn't wear a bra or pantsu.

I'll be honest Aqua is a shit human but I would fuck her into submission if ever given a chance

Seeing as she is literally Zeus, I'd reckon so.
Even better, she doesn't want to deal with her bastard offspring, so she probably is a lesbian too.

hmmmmmmm. What if she likes dick but just makes you deal with it? Doesn't sound too like her, she'd want her paladin to not be weighed down my children.

She's not evil, just a selfish asshole that cares about looking and being better than anyone at all times.

>She's not evil, just a selfish asshole that cares about looking and being better than anyone at all times.
To be fair, by D&D morality, selfishness is evil. Sounds Chaotic or Neutral from the sound of it.

let's not get limited by that, i want to set up this goddess because sounds like a lot of fun.

What does she do? What sort of quests? what sort of rewards? Questions for the mind.

Despite her nature, she loves and takes cares of all her followers very well. She doesn't demand anything absurd from her followers, besides the usual adoration, and pretty much lets them do what they want.

She is petty, greedy, and opportunistic, but she won't go out of her way to actually harm others. Unless they're undead or demons.

Kill all the monsters

>That image
There is Violated Hero and its sequels.

Why waste time on making other gods get attention though. Just make sure you have the most amount of Heros or the best Heros and everyone will know the goddess.

blatantly genderswapping Christian God isn't very original, man

In the show she acted as some sorta goddess of death, till the other one took her position because she got whisked away into the fantasy realm.
Later on we learn that she is some sorta goddess of healing and waters (so i guess having a talk with a dead person is just one of the many things gods gotta do).

Don't tempt me, harlot, for I might go and write it myself.

Shame I can't draw for shit.

working on it. not game wise though.

Go on

Aqua is more of a sister than anything else. Also if any of you plan on placing her or a likeness of her into a game make sure she whines and cries if someone doesn't do something she wants.

I'm basically imagining a religion where every paladin is Lautrec of Carim.

She sends her paladins on quests that deface and defile other goddesses, and doesn't care about the collateral damage they inflict to the world around those quests.

Well I wasn't going to but she actually fits the profile of an Imperial noble I've been working on. Thanks, mate.

I quite like the idea of a Tomoko-esque Goddess who doesn't understand why she doesn't have more followers and why all her temples are in shambles.

Maybe she was an "old school" local deity who was always known to be a bit "cranky" and who only held dominion and was only revered in one small region. Worship of her grew lax several hundred years ago, and many of her smaller shrines and holy sites were abandoned, the her real problems started when other neighboring nations invaded and brought with them a whole new pantheon of gods and goddesses that were more powerful than her and frankly gave more of a shit about their followers and the state of the world outside that one little region. Now, all that the Tomoko Goddess has left is one big old rundown temple in the regional capital and a handful of mostly abandoned shrines speed throughout the country.

The campaign becomes, in part, a series of comically disastrous attempts to earn Tomodess more worshippers and make her more popular amidst all the new deities.

>ctrl+f hercules, labours, labors, herakles, hera
>1 result
Well at least knows what's up

just a cyoa, don't get your hopes up.

Quests to lick her feet

Kill the elves too, let dwarves repopulate the world.
win-win.

I'm game

Isn't this pretty much everything you need?

I guess other pantheons would lend to examples also, but greek and roman gods are famous for being irresponsible.

>Shame I can't draw for shit.
That's okay, 90% of the MGQ artists were garbage.

I believe the general implication was that she was originally a holy goddess of water of water, but was given the "grab dead folks from another world to deal with the population problem in ours" duty to keep her busy and out of trouble, hence why they cut her off the moment they got the chance to.

And to get shit tons of money, of course.

Tomodess, as an "old school" local deity would have been a temperamental and fickle goddess, the sort whom villagers would worship and make offerings to so as to prevent dangerous supernatural temper tantrums. The new pantheon that has supplanted her offers divine boons and guidance and genuine miracles that Tomodess can't quite understand and could never hope to match.

read basically anything from Greek mythology op

It attracts bees.

Bees have stingers.

Stingers make holes on airships.

I really like the idea that a Goddess of Eternal Youth is also, eternally, a dumb kid who thinks herself much smarter and more important than she really is.

Pretty sure the monsters getting more and more terrifying near the end was intentional. Given the game kinda makes fun of you if you lose to them.

Aaaaand... Screen capped.

Well post it for the rest of us to save you hikkiNEET virgin dirtbag.

I would deal 1d6+3 piercing damage to Aqua, repeatedly, if you catch my drift.