Elves have an affinity for secret doors

>elves have an affinity for secret doors

Why though.

Other urls found in this thread:

hero.wikia.com/wiki/Ribbon_(Kirby)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How else can they stay in the closet?

Because when Gygax was developing D&D, one of the players suggested this, and it was okay'd by the DM. Since most RPG developers are mindless worshipers of Gygax, this has been a thing since.

Leftover from 1st edition D&D. I think 3.pf was the last system to actually use it, aside from OSR stuff.

Tolkien based elves on Japanese ninja. They live in ninja castles with all sorts of ninja tricks like fake walls, hidden passages, and swivelling floors.

He then based dwarves on the samurai, making them honorable and very traditional. Gimli was originally going to be named Gimuri, but that's already a Japanese word for toothpaste made out of seaweed so he changed it a little.

Tolkien really was the original weaboo.

I assume their ears can pick up drafts from secret doors.

Its not in PF. In PF they just have keen senses, which is a much broader thing, being a bonus to Perception the skill that covers all tasks related to senses. So they can find secret doors better than other races, but they can also spot ambushes better, find their car keys faster, and better understand why kids love cinnamon toast crunch.

>Why though.
because magic

Maybe because in the Silmarillion the elves realms were often hidden by secret passages and doors, so they asumed that they must also be good at finding them?

they are traps

I choose to believe.

It's more likely than you think.
This is a picture from Tolkien's sketchbook.

The taste you can see?

I love the face of "Why am I wearing this? Why are you enjoying this?"

Probably something to do with this

Bullshit, that's the Samurai from the Complete Warrior 3.5 DnD book.

Still a dwarf though.

I'm pretty sure everybody has an affinity for secret doors. It's universal. Show me someone who isn't existed by the idea of a secret door and I'll show you a liar.

Shit, niggs
You right

Doesn't mean he's good at finding them.

when the first post is the best post

But that's a puzzle door.

The worst puzzle ever, but still a puzzle door.

>door has instructions on how to get in
>a puzzle door
It's not a puzzle just because you translated the instructions wrong at first. It's literally unlocked.

Imagine you live hundreds of years, and everything seems to be the same wherever you go. The manlands are rude and ugly, the dwarflands are rude, dirty and ugly, and the forest is clean and normal. Everything starts falling into the same categories. As you grow older, more and more time passes you by without you knowing because of all the monotony. Up is up, left is left, red is red, wall is wall.

But what if wall was door?

Suddenly, everything changes. Life has surprise again.

it's euphemism for buttstuff

That makes more sense than it should.

>3

There are 9, you dumb slut

You get points for that post. It hit the sweet spot where it wasn't a troll, or bait, but enough of both to be charming and fun.

It's supposed to have to do with heightened senses.

I can only come up with 7. What are the last two?

Either Eyes or Nostrils.

I've seen the nostril hentai gif.

I would think about only knowing 3 would make them relatively chaste, you knob-gobbling slut.

Maybe ear sex?

>anus
>vagina
>mouth
>ears (2)
>nostrils (2)

That's five. Can't think of anything more.

>You get points for that post. It hit the sweet spot where it wasn't a troll, or bait, but enough of both to be charming and fun.
In the old days we used to call a post like that a "joke".

Well, as much as I hate to bring this up, there's urethra, which sort of is a separate thing from vagina once you get deep enough.

Pits bro

Pits don't count as a hole though, otherwise you might as well count hands.

>armpits (2)
>clenched hands (2)
>cleavage
>navel
>between thighs "intercrural" style
>between butt-cheeks "hot-dogging" style
>bonus: eye-sockets (2)

You can fuck both armpits and, backs of both knees and the space between her thighs.

Hot damn.

Only that last one are actual holes though...

>Jannie deleting this
>Temporary block for Off-Topic posting
What's the point?

No, they use their ears to feel for the doors.

Someone call the hospital, cause they need to ready a bed in the burn ward

Ribbon is cute! CUTE!
I want to squish her soft, elf face.

Isn't that moon for "ree"

That wouldn't work for Ribbon

Japanese is a bit limited in how it can represent foreign words, and out of the five "r" katakana, "リ" is the closest.

Take Ribbon from Kirby as a show of how it's done. hero.wikia.com/wiki/Ribbon_(Kirby)

I think the artist is a weeaboo in the very early stages of learning Japanese, and also some kind of midwestern Ameri-fag that pronounces 'o' like 'e'.

In any case, here is a fixed version.

I love it.

...and that was way too goddamn huge.

Let's try again.

(It's a good thing the drawfag in question is anonymous or his reputation would be tarnished.)

It could be spelt that way (since that's the essentially the Japanese word, even if they pronounce it differently then westerners do), or even リバン, リッバン or perhaps even リッビン, depending on regional pronunciation. リブン or リッブン is probably not too far off from how some people pronounce it.

It was a grammar issue. And one that lead to the death of a company of dwarfs.

Agreed!

Early D&D was wargame-y and oddly specific. The secret doors thing was meant to highlight the acuity of elven senses. Why not just give them a bonus to all awareness rolls? Because there was no such thing. Keep in mind that elves were also immune to the paralysis of ghouls. Why? Because the game world started off pretty small and a single monster was a consequential part of it.

I thought the ghoul thing was because in the wargame the original D&D rules were adapted from, Ghouls were an opposing army/unit and elven immunity to paralysis and sleep was a balance against their OP powers.

>47898850
In Chainmail Ghouls were a completely different thing altogether.
Gygax said it himself that the reason for the immunity is because D&D Ghouls are creatures of foul negative energy, and Elves are creatures of great positive energy, so the effects negate each other creating an immunity.

Why elves don't have a stronger effect against other undead types is beyond me though.

I kind of wish that "elves are filled with extra positive energy" persisted. Negative energy gets a lot of focus, and the little quirks of positive energy are rarely explored.

Eberron has a country of ancestor-worshiping, positive-magic based elf necromancers.

I...I kinda want to play in this setting.

Is it the cinnamon and sugar swirls on every bite?

Eberron would.

Yes, yes it is.

>elves have an affinity for back doors

FTFY

Because of their special ears.

They're so fucking long they scrape against the walls, and thus they can feel when a door is there.

>mfw can only think of loli elves running around like bloo in that one episode of foster's

because there is something lewd happening behind that door

>Racial Trait: Affinity for Secret Doors

It's right there in the fucking manual, user.