ITT: We toss around ideas for Broken World Campaigns (THIRD TIMES THE CHARM)

>Caravans of prostitutes and slaves turns out to be a whoremonger's people from a doomed land turned now willing army heading to lay siege on a commerce city
>A devil palace is terrorized by a mysterious, malevolent, and borderline indestructible Jason-esque killer who is exclusively murdering devils and taking their masks as trophies
>A troupe of dead gun witches are found by the PCs along with a cache of guns that makes them a target to roving desert gangs and lawmen on horses
>A group of junkers begin harvesting prime angel shells for bodyparts and materials to make massive mobile weapons platforms
>The world wolf gives birth to a legion of hundreds of direwolf sized pups, who range from docile and domestic to absolute savages and intelligent canine warlords and fiends
>You owe a huge debt to the Pillowmakers' Guild. They offered you one last chance: beat their rep players in mahjong, and your debt is forgiven, if you lose however they kill you and collect the luxurious life insurance you have.
>Sect of Masters and monks that hold sway on the city guard and noblemen turns out to be a front for a sadistic and decadent fighting ring

>A group of junkers begin harvesting prime angel shells for bodyparts and materials to make massive mobile weapons platforms

Imagine huge ruined body-horror style corpses the size of buildings, with their chest cavities torn and excavated and watchtowers speared into eyesockets, all joined together like the Human Centipede, hauling racks of collossal, shell-busting cannons on their broken backs.

Thats the most metal thing ever.

I'm liking the hooker army and the pillowmaker's guild being a vicious racket.

>You must some how bring the moon in a teacup to some guild or another

also, got a pdf for the game's setting? I'm trying to find the rulebook

What the fuck is Broken World?

>A watchpost in the distance sees a lot of the titans moving
>Thinks it's a strange group of buses
>By the time they've readied a platoon of men to meet them halfways and ask why their grouped up, the first mortar shells hit.
>It's already too late as their great guns tear through civilians

The Kill Six Billion Demons RPG.

A story game based on the comic and concepts of the comic Kill Six Billion Demons. Basically, the gist of it is, the multiverse has one center, a heaven called the Throne. Except, the gods and former rulers died a long time ago, leaving it in the possession of 7 supreme demiurge rulers who don't often rule, and often times let the place be a wild west of a cosmic disc where it's run by various rivaling factions. From the throne, you can travel the multiverse, and visit any of the hundreds of thousands of worlds affected by conquering wars and invading warlords, commanders, noblemen, guilds, and families. And it's pretty great.

Here ya go boyo, happy gaming

cool, thnx

So, it's like the Chronicles of Amber?

>it's a 'Veeky Forums tries to bait someone into GMing the game for them' thread

Nice try, but I'm not falling for that one again. All I have to do is wait patiently for some other poor sucker to take up the mantle, then I actually get to play

What the fuck are the Chronicles of Amber?

Trying to ask for ideas to fill an adventure across the multiverse and a generally unexplored world is baiting someone into GMing the game? I mean, there are only so many iterations of apocalyptic earth, normal fantasy tropes, and spaghetti western samurai fusions you can do in the Throne before it's boring.

The Serial Killer one looks interesting. I'm actually running a WFRP campaign now with a similar premise of the party hunting a Vampire. It's actually a lot of fun seeing the plans they come up with to catch him.

>all i have to do is wait patiently for some other poor sucker to take up the mantle, then I actually get to play

oh my sweet summer child, you will always be a forever gm

what?

Nice try, but you aren't going to fool me. Not this time.

>the furry
Every time

How are you not up to date on your Zelazny yet?

Stop whatever you're doing, and go and read Lord of Light and Nine Princes of Amber.
Those are high up there on the essential Veeky Forums reading list.

>So, it's like the Chronicles of Amber?
Somewhat.

Instead of the Court of Amber and the Court of Chaos there several thousand bellicose guilds and seven Demiurges in deadlock.

Instead of an infinite variety of shadow worlds radiating from Amber, there are 777,777 universes that equidistantly orbit Throne.

And instead of the more roundabout manner of traveling between shadows, you just walk the caravan roads that cross between Throne and the orbiting universes--provided the gates are unlocked.

What would you call the kind of armor she's wearing?

Half armor or half plate, or possibly demi armor. I don't know if any of those are actual historical terms, or if they're just fantasy jargon

It's a plate armor with splint plackart (um?) and greaves. She wears massive pauldrons without rerebrace, so her upper arms and elbows are exposed. Her neck is covered by piece of cloth or rusty aventail. She wears what seems to be bascinet with visor on her head.

Weaboo fightin magic armour.

What is the sauce on that picture? I can't seem to find KSBD art dumps just by searching randomly.

Sorry man, found it in a char art thread a few months ago. Come to think of it, an Abbadon thread would be dope.

Ancient god king tomb is uncovered in the aftermath of the destruction of Purgatory Pillar 773, resulting in the destroyed town booming back to life as ancient relics pass through the hands of guild intermediates

An agent of the Third Infinitive Recursive Bank goes rogue with their temporal powers and the PC's are hired by the guild to become MOTHERFUCKING TIME COPS and stop them

But who/what keeps the artifacts from just being instantly plundered? Who's controlling the supply of treasures?

Some fucked up guild leader curator? Or a greedy black market merchant?

Hey, can someone explain the dynamics of the King's Road exactly? I understand the Void makes distances shorter and easier to travel, and if you pass through a gate it will take you to another world. But why are the gates lined up like that? If you go through one on the Kings Road in the Void, do you end up in the Throne and have to go through the actual gate to move to the world you seek or do you automatically arrive in the world you desired to go through like Alison and Cio? Or do you end up on the other side of the gate? It's pretty goddamn confusing.

I like the idea of a fucked up guild leader curator; perhaps the Most Wise and Knowledgeable of the Histories of Treasures Curatrix Sangrahavi, a high-ranking member of the faculty of the University of Metis, excited and filled with confidence by her new discovery manages to hire a guild of mercenaries, the Brothers of the Beast (who are secretly also werewolves) to keep order around Purgatory Pillar 773 while the University conducts its study, kept by payments in priceless artifacts (and occasionally a bone or two). The Brothers then proceed to sell off these artifacts in the booming Tomb Town, tossing bejeweled reliquary fingers and thousand year old coins at the tavern like nothing, bringing sharp-eyed collectors around to see if they can find anything of particular value. Meanwhile, the University digs deeper and deeper into the the God King's tomb, knowing not what horrors lie within...

Perhaps the party is hired by the Curatrix to aid in the exploration of the tomb, or to track down through the twisting and musty streets of Tomb Town a certain magical artifact that was accidentally given away as payment to the Brothers which might be the key to a deeper section of the Tomb. Perhaps they were called upon by a jealous rival of the Curatrix to sabotage her operations, or to make a discovery in the tomb that'd put all her hard work to shame and put resentful old Professor Irshah in the spotlight for once! After all, he definitely deserved to be Department Head of the Histories of Treasures, not that dusty old bitch. Perhaps the party are servants of a visiting collector, or collectors themselves, searching for artifacts to take back to the markets of the Red City and sell for outrageous prices to foolish offworld kings or spend-happy nouveau riche debutantes.

I have to go write this down.

The brothers start taking effects from the ancient werewolf god king's treasure they've been using as coinage, not realizing the reason he tombed the kingdom in was intentional to contain the monstrous illness the metals caused. So every time they transform, their fur starts falling out in clumps and they have horrible tumorous lesions and growths jutting out of their misshapen, veiny, lupine bodies, and when they're in their human forms they look like drug addicts, constantly sweating and nauseous, hungry to get another score of those sweet sweet old timey weapons and clothing. Meanwhile, the people who are studying them and putting them on display are being nominally affected by dizzy spells and the occasional nosebleed because the artifacts have been sealed off in display cases and cleansed.

The Guild of the Golden Peach invites your party to a scavenger hunt across 9 different worlds.
Three other teams will partace and anything is allowed.

Unfourtunally a Thorn Knight finds this celebration of decadence insulting to his core so expect 19 Shattered Glass Butcheres the Obese to try to hunt down the teams

It is very confusing, I agree. He seems to love explaining certain things in great detail, but certain things not at all, which can be annoying. I think that how it works is, there is a gate to every world along the King's Road, and a gate to every world in Throne. In every world, it is possible to leave the world through a gate, but when you do, you end up on the King's Road, not Throne. So, if you went somewhere through a gate from Throne, you must return to Throne over the King's Road. I think.

Just this big fat bastard of a thorn knight who everybody assumes is slow because of his size, but moves like he's fucking viper, kek

Okay, I can kinda, sorta see what you're getting at but I'm still pretty damn confused.

So, what would the Fronts be of a campaign like this? I'm thinking the University & the Brothers, growing more and more afflicted by the toxic metal as they advance further through the tomb, the tomb of the God King itself as the beings within slowly awaken and come to realize that their resting place as been compromised by foolish mortals, and the outside forces of Tomb Town, clamoring for more and more artifacts, attempting to sneak in and rob the tomb's treasures away from the University, collectors, other guilds, representatives of the demiurges, supposed claimants to the long-lost throne of the God King by some tenuous blood line, general rabble/chaos, etc.

It's from Abbadon's Tumblr, I think.

Maybe a visual aid will help?
There are 3 gates related to a world; the one on the world used to leave it(taking you to the King's Road gate), and the ones on Throne and the King's Road. The one on Throne will take you straight there, but to get back to Throne from there, you'd have to walk back on the King's Road. Alternatively, you could walk there from some other world and then walk back all using the King's Road.

Keep in mind I don't know if this is true, but this is how the comic makes it seem.

Thank you, this actually helps logically a lot. The only question I have is, how do people return from the void to the throne?

One of the gates from the void to Throne. The universe is shaped like a wheel, and the King's Road is all of the spokes, while Throne is the hub. So all of the King's Road eventually leads to Throne.

>The PCs are attacked relentlessly by a clan of Bureaucrat-Assassins, wielding poisoned ink, quill crossbows and the like
>When they finally catch up to them, it turns out they just forgot to sign a couple pieces of paperwork the last time they passed through one of the Hells
>They assist them in filling out the necessary forms and then continue on their way

Half of this is Evangelion.

Get in the fucking Metatron Shinji

>TFW you will never have blue haired flaming angel waifu sister-mom clone

"B-But you killed those people!"
"Oh, those people were all smugglers who falsified writs for passage through the King's Road, you guys are alright, just forgot to list your dependents on your Grand Dragon Bank forms."

Just these decayed werewolf mutants who have permanently been stuck in their moonlight forms from years and years of cannibalism, inbreeding and nasty magic energy leakage coming up from the tombs start crawling and shambling out. Meanwhile, the University professors have put up a magic barrier around the campus as the town goes to shit around them and the PCs have to evade them.

The god king is like this emaciated, bony, colossal anubis like werewolf man who has his dying, deformed children caught in his matted fur, all howling and screaming and gargling up sickening bile. Wielding a pillar from inside a temple in the underground city and his regalia and golden weaponry He goes around eating his descendants and people on the street alike.

Does anyone actually play this game?

It was pretty popular a while ago, but it kinda died down a few months back.

Wait is the first kings door we see in the comic just a way to the void and the kings road?

Has 1.4 come out yet?