Looking to play in a F.A.T.A.L game

Am actually serious. Trying to cope with this monstrous 980 page PDF as we speak. I want to experience this thing for myself. Its so horrible I can't not do it.

Pic unrelated

I once contemplated the same thing, but just got bored. Good luck to you though. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Thank you! Honestly the rules are so fucking dense. Takes dedication for someone to read through this. I can't help but feel there may be a few good ideads *ducks thrown object* hidden throughout.

yeah, like rolling for anal circumference

That's kind of like saying:
"Hey Veeky Forums I was thinking about dressing up as a lady moose in heat during moose mating season."

Good luck I guess.

>monstrous 980 page PDF

Why read it? Just save yourself some time and go to /d/. It's basically the same thing but you get to fap in the privacy of your mom's basement.

That made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

But seriously am I the only one whose curiosity has gotten the better of them?

Give F.A.T.A.L some credit; at least it has 1000 pages of crap. RaHoWa (Racial Holy War) is an 18 page PDF that left me feeling uninspired and wanting to punch the creator in the face.

skip all the jobs descriptions, just look them up if you think they're going to be used

>Less than or equal to is retarded

Wait, does FATAL use actual IQ as its Int stat?

Hello Virt, goodbye Virt

Good luck. my group tried. Honestly tried, but a few hours in we were still stuck on the character creation tables and going nowhere.

good times.

Write a program to run the game for you, it's the only way

There's a program you can get that rolls up your character for you, so that's one less headache. Also, abandon any hope you have for making this work, you foolish, foolish person

Yeah as someone who toyed with the idea for a while, the character generator is a huge help.

Shame I couldn't find anyone else degenerate enough to justify going through with it

For about five years now I've promised every group I have that I will run FATAL if they make characters for it by hand - no online generators. Many have tried, but I've yet to receive a single completed sheet.

What's this? Looks interesting.

Me and my buddies tried a few years back but the rules were impenetrable and we couldn't get past the character generation phase. Kept rollin' for bigger dicks, you see

A friend of mine did a F.A.T.A.L. character creation session at a local 'con, took 4 intense hours with experienced roleplayers, with the Aedile (GM) leading each step of the way. We didn't get the skills done that time, so we did them a week after, took one hour more.

It needs a calculator and has a lot of adding up and counting averages, but it's not that bad. Most of the horribad stuff you hear is bullshit, negative anal circumference and stuff, but there are lots of odd things like big-breasted blondes getting a higher attractiveness value.

We've been trying to make sense of the rules for a while now. It's quite unplayable, as normal characters do not get skill values good enough so they can succeed at anything.

Yes

Looks like Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode.

What good ideas? Not being sarcastic, genuinely curious. Be the archaeologist that plunges the depths of the FATAL abyss for us, OP.

RUN A GAME! Depending on the time and day I would definitely join you.

>normal characters do not get skill values good enough so they can succeed at anything.
Ah, reminds me of my time with Dark Heresy.

I second that

>Wait, does FATAL use actual IQ as its Int stat?
the randomization for all stats is based on the IQ world statistics
((4d100 )/2) -1
What he doenst know is as far as I know that IQ values are changed to make the average 100, so if everyone with IQ higher than 70 dies (excluding people that do iq tests), people scores will be changed to make the average be 100

>Write a program to run the game for you, it's the only way
I was once creating a fatal dwarf fortress mod, deleted all species that werent on df, started making a tileset that used the font of the book, made a df color pallete based on the colors used on book and etc....

Then I saw an interview where one of the developers said they knew only ad&d and heavily houseruled it, and then d&d3.0 was created and instead learning 3.0 and then houseruling it, they decided to make their own game. When I discovered that, this made me angry and stopped doing it

If you are talking about a character generator, I would do one if the game didnt had all those tables that I would have to manually type

There already is a character generator for FATAL. It's probably my favorite part of the game, gave me one of my most memorable NPCs.

You'd be better off saving your sanity by reading "the king in yellow" mate.

That's stupid.

I appreciate a short pile of shit versus a mountain of cow dung.