Game of Thrones thread

soup Veeky Forums, Im trying to find a good system to run a campaign in Westeros. I know that white wolf made a game for it, but not only can I not find PDFs for it, Ive heard its awful.
Any ideas?
Also general game of thrones thread

Other urls found in this thread:

rapture-pictures.com/Temp/GRR2707e_ASongOfIceAndFireRoleplaying-GameOfThronesEdition.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/SIFRP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You could try the Green Ronin version of A Song of Ice and Fire. I own the books, I've never gottenthe chance to play them because my players have no paitence to learn a new system and only one of them has watched the show. But I assume the system is decent since Veeky Forums has been making houses with that system.

I didnt even know that existed. Ill have to look into it.

If you don't like the published ones, drop girls on top of Westeros. It's got gritty murder death for mortal heroes and can handle any of the weird shit too. Also, wacky fun critical hit tables too

Not to sound like a scrub, but even my google searching didn't turn anything up.
What game do you mean?

I have been considering adapting Pendragon. But with opposed scales like A Dirty World. Definitely using the Company Rules from Reign, if just behind the screen.

But really, any decent Fantasy system can do it. GoT is not in the mechanics but in the story.

True, but the problem is I dont really know any systems that are lethal enough for Game of Thrones.

The system is really easy to generate a character, the army rules look pretty brutal and streamlined but have not used them yet.

The Green Ronin SOIAFRP is pretty lethal from what I have been told.

Characters in GoT don't die because of a failed action, but because of political positioning and deceit. I guess Fate could run into problems. But nothing from Torchbearer to Runequest would.

you wouldnt happen to have the PDFs would you?

rapture-pictures.com/Temp/GRR2707e_ASongOfIceAndFireRoleplaying-GameOfThronesEdition.pdf

I do user

You are a good man user, I dont care what the others say about you.

You said you wouldn't mention it to him...

Shit sorry user, I didnt see you there

mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/SIFRP

Here's the most complete collection that gets passed around Veeky Forums. Look at Wedding Knight for a good idea on how to structure a campaign because it can be a bit different given the gross difference in character skills.

Mind you, the setting usually calls for a vast array of characters but it is possible to run an all sellsword/Knight/merc/whatever party, you just wouldn't get quite the same feel for the setting. As someone who has extensive experience with this system I will say House generation can be super fun and if you plan on having one, do it first and let your groups characters grow from it. Personal combat is super deadly at time some would say too much, the intrigue system takes some getting use to and will clunky as hell at first but it is actually really good, and mass combat is actually really good especially playing with the expanded combat orders. Hammer and anvil all day. Regardless, super fun system and it will definitely give your players something substantial to bite into, whether your goal is creating your own and guiding it through the various conflicts and wars from the show and books, or a collection of friends politicin', fightin' and shenaniganin' about Westeros or Essos.

Thank you very much sir
How would playing in the nights watch work?
Because thats what I was thinking.

Seconding this. Great system.

I've never personally done it but there's a supplement called Nights Watch in the link. Between that and the core rulebook it should give you enough to work with. I've always wanted to run one of those so best of luck, I think it would be fun as hell.

>girls
Fucking autocorrect
GURPS

Burning Wheel would make a great choice. Just limit the races to only humans and drop the magic. A very player driven and character focused system that alows you make very diverse and motivated yet flawed characters.
Shit, I try to mentally make every GoT character into a burning wheel character so I might be bias