Which of FFG's "Living Card Games" has the best core set? Which has the best metagame?

Which of FFG's "Living Card Games" has the best core set? Which has the best metagame?

(I really love Android: Netrunner, but I know that Faust is doing a number on the tournament-level meta right now. After having fun and doing crazy things with A:NR's core set, I was pretty disappointed when I got the GoT core set and saw what was available out of the box).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A1s54Wlgfyo
youtube.com/watch?v=czacunPbDA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I enjoyed Call of Cthulhu's core for a while.

To be honest the best Living Card Game out of the box I have played isn't even an FFG product, it is Mage Wars. That base box set will keep you going for a long while.

I have that too, actually. And my friends at the FLGS seem to prefer it to ANR.

This is an interesting topic! There's a lot of the IPs used that I like, but I've no idea which one to go for...

I would say Call of Cthulhu, which had amazing art and some neat flavor text on many of the cards, but it's been discontinued just recently, sadly. Which is a shame, as I wanted to start playing it.

Well the most complete "Core" falls into Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn.
also what do you mean with metagame? I mean what are you looking for in this category?

Personally I've enjoyed a lot Doomtown's reloaded but I think i'll not do it anymore since AEG killed it just yesterday.

I guess these are all the games that fit in in this category. I'm forgetting anyone?

I'm thinking in getting A Game of Thrones 2nd edition. one because I like the challenge mechanic but also because I think it might be easier to introduce to the people here because of the tv series.

what should I know about the game other than distribution and such? things like how does it plays, the pacing and for how long does the matches extend?

RIP doomtown

well at least we still have Falling Rock...

I guess not even in Veeky Forums cares about the LCGs (Other than Netrunner)

Well, Ashes and LoTR get repeated mentions and rave reviews on the board game generals, but a game of thrones 1st edition, Warhammer Invasion, and Call of Cthulhu have been dead for a while, Doomtown just got kill, and I have never seen anyone talk about Conquest or Star Wars.

Some thing people care and mention, but not enough to warrant its own thread. The rest...well, why talk about them?
Invasion was fun though...

AGoT 1st and 2nd ed. is the only of the FF LCGs that is adversarial and supports more than two players. Two player match is a joust and 3+ match is a melee. I have only played with three to six people so I can't comment on how quick the 2 player joust goes. Played 2nd edition with 2 core boxes of cards and people who haven't played before and a 6 player game that took two hours. They were learning the rules and reading every card so it took awhile. Years ago when my group was playing AGoT 1st ed. every weekend we would do four player games in 30 mins or less because we the cards did and knew the rules.

One of the key things I like about it in melee matches is you pick titles each round from the small council and those titles support and oppose each other. If you support someone you can not attack them and if you oppose someone you collect bonus victory points for winning attacks against them. Since this changes every round it keeps one person from being the groups punching bag.

Also the tutorial.
youtube.com/watch?v=A1s54Wlgfyo

the only thing I don't like about all this is the whole thing with the
>3 cores
that's the only thing stopping me from ordering a core box.

Ashes is RNG bullshit.
Doomtown is dead again
VS System is a cash grab that won't last more than 2 years.

Veeky Forums gave up on netrunner, TC gave up on netrunner.
The entire community hates the game at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=czacunPbDA8
Listen to TC rant about how shit it has become.

2 is fine if you aren't trying to take it to a tournament. Also it's probably the least painful of the lines to buy multiples of since the cards mostly are singles with ~15 that are doubles. Lord of the rings was the worst for that.

>ashes is RNG bullshit

I love it when this gets brought up, as it means you haven't played the game beyond a tutorial lesson or two, and you are full if shit.

>3 cores
Is this the same reason for AGoT as it is for Netrunner?
That there's a few cards that if you play with the core and only the core they would be a bit unbalanced with 3-ofs?

Its the same with all ffg core sets. They never include full playsets, so you have to get more the moment you'd like to go beyond casual deck building

What happened? Wasn't Netrunner the hot kid on the block?

I prefer Call of Cthulhu as a game, but I thought it's core set was weak. It was seriously lacking in instant speed effects and combat tricks.

.I also want to hear about this.
what happened?

He's shitting, though there has been a fair bit of unhappiness about some of the game - other archetypes have dominated more completely or for longer, but there's a general sense that they've never been as un-fun as some of the dominant archetypes of the current meta.

The TC chat isn't that much of a rant though, but people are a bit concerned.

>1x Corroder
>3x Faust
>1x Mimic

That's what happened to Netrunner.