Now that a pound is worth less than its paper, I was looking to buy something cool from Forgeworld...

Now that a pound is worth less than its paper, I was looking to buy something cool from Forgeworld. I really like the design of solar auxilia, but I'm not sure I want to start a 30k army. Other than this, I've heard that FW uses a strange resin that's really easy to brake, is that true ?
Forgeworld general, I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XIZty-Eol4s
youtube.com/watch?v=mDpi3IrkVRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> I've heard that FW uses a strange resin that's really easy to brake, is that true ?

Fucking retarded recastfags spreading their lies.

Got plenty of Forge World models and have never suffered a breakage.

I don't think it's more brittle than any other resin models.

Resin casting is an art unless the process is completely automated and climate controlled. Forgeworld does not spend the money for automation nor climate controls.

Sometimes you will get brittle resin. Sometimes you will get swiss cheese resin. Sometimes you will get warped resin. Rarely will you get perfect resin. It all comes down to the one who is doing the cast for your particular order. I have never bothered to raise these issues with FW when I've received them, but I hear the customer support is fantastic if you bring it up. Hot water, super glue, and greenstuff has always solved the issue. I am someone who has made multiple FW orders over the years.

Much success if you take the plunge!

Wow those models look fucking awesome. Why the fuck cant regular Guard look like that?

>Now that a pound is worth less than its paper
Make sure you make up your mind in the next week or so before the market adjusts.

Shut up and buy more cadians, maggot.

Time to buy one.

Probably because they're based off of Starship Troopers designs and such.

The Solar Auxillia is also supposedly the cream of the crop of the Imperial Army, the next best thing after the Space Marines. Considering this is a time when the Imperium wasn't in technological decline, it's not a surprise they'd have better gear and their 40k equivalent would probably be the Scions.

Have to agree though that I really like the old diving suit look they've got going on.

Woopee! Only 900$ dollars now!

Pounds aren't made of paper.

>they're based off of Starship Troopers designs
I cannot believe I never noticed this before

Because 30k is the only part of the setting that gets anything cool.

They can be in Scotland still.

its 1.37 to one dollar currently

hardly worthless, even on a 300 pound purchase for dollars its only a savings of 12 dollars.

Wait, what's the current exchange rate?

1USD=.73GBP

>googles the exchange rate over the past few years

UHHHHHHHHHHHH-HUH!

Thats how it stand currently. It actually just dropped to .72

Nevermind. I see what you're getting at i'm just way to tired.

Starship troopers came out in 1997 and the book had everyone in power armour. 40K and the Starship troopers film primarily take inspiration from Aliens. The design of the colonial marines in that movie were based off the uniforms of Vietnam war era soldiers, and the events of the film reflect those of the Vietnam war.

>based off of Starship Troopers
What ??

That is what first came to mind, I could be wrong. Certain at least that the current Cadians draw inspiration from something.

... the book, Starship Troopers, was published in 1959.

The movie wasn't even related to Starship Troopers until they licensed the name, and bears almost no relation to the book in the slightest.

... wait nevermind, I'm an idiot. This is what I get for trying to cut back on my daily coffee.

I always liked this design best.

Isn't that a good thing? Because then you can buy more dollars with your pounds, so the pound is worth me?

I'm a eurofag so it doesn't affect me either way.

Well, the 2nd edition IG codex with the cadians came out in 1995. I think is right about Aliens and cold war era gear in general.

>bears almost no relation to the book in the slightest
The movie is a bad adaptation, but your statement is incorrect. The story is identical, and we got entire scenes ripped directly from the book.

Anyways, you may want to look at the japanese anime, it's way more faithful to the original.
youtube.com/watch?v=XIZty-Eol4s

Bonus, the completely off-topic opening.
youtube.com/watch?v=mDpi3IrkVRg

The pound was worth even more before. Yes, it's still worth more, but it is falling and could keep going for a while.

Well the euro is only .9 USD so the pound is currently stronger.

Recast resin is brittle, FW resin is almost flexible.

Also the £ is not much different than its been for the past few years. You'll save about $10 for every $150 spent as compared to 48 hours ago.