Is 120 000$ a lot of money in EU? I have lost my sense of reality and have no idea what is a lot of money anymore

is 120 000$ a lot of money in EU? I have lost my sense of reality and have no idea what is a lot of money anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

firecalc.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on your goals bro
If link goes to 1 dollar i ll be happy but it wont be much for me .

I live in Sweden.

if i hit 100k id win the race and I would cash out half to pay off all my debts

I guess so, alot of people with decent education dont even make that on a yearly basis.

In eastern europe (romania, bulgaria, montenegro, poland etc) - yes
in the EU - no

no lasts 2yrs 3yrs max

yes.

Its a good down payment on an apartement etc.

It's like 100k in Euros. About the price of a flat or cheap house I guess? Depends on where you live.

Yes, if you have a decent job on the side of it.

I make 3 000$ per month on my developer job but i'm sick of it its making me depressed

1M sek is not much, but it may be a long way towards a house if prices continue down

you can get a flat for 100k if you are ruthless enough to chase out a granny

Yeah I heard the house prices are going down.. right now im a real neet and live with my parents. one day I might be able to buy a nice house.

That's what someone with a regular job living normally would spare in 5 years.
So yes that's a good amount but I mean even a 21 years old guy could have that without trying too hard.

>even a 21 years old guy could have that without trying too hard

No.

$120,000 is about 0.75 years of gibs for each memba of a German River.

I started working at 16. When I'm on a full time job I spare more than 1k a month.
Last time I worked was 19 months ago and I still have 14k in cash.
It took me 2 years to save this money.

Investera i dig själv och få pengarna att växa. En inkomst är viktigt för att kunna betala sina egna boendekostnader, en mille räcker inte länge om man ska ha bil och hus.

Mean income in Spain is 1800€

So yes

Bro I'm literally living in a YMCA on less than 100 usd a week

You're fucking well off

it's not even "a lot" in third world shitholes. average houses in my city go for 150k in a spichole.

now if it is 120k a year, then yes, bu it would depend on how much your living expenses are.

120k is about a cheap flat in the netherlands

The average person would give away 10 years of their life for that money.
Also you should consider where that money came from, did you made it yourself or did you just inherit it?

I made it on early bitcoin investment of 2700$

120k dollars is like 100k euro

depending on which country, you can buy a studio/flat in a small city and a house in smaller towns

depending on which country, but average cost of living is like 1500 euros in civilized Europe without any subsidies and such (rent, utilities, food, insurance)

it is not rich by any means but gives you a nice advantage

> Sweden

better bring that money to safety before the expropriations start.

you're that aggressive homeless guy?

In the Netherlands it would be the price of a either really small or shitty house that needs lots of renovation.

easily lasts you 8 years lol

The what? The who?

>full time job since 16 saving lots of it for 5 years
>"not a lot of work"

Depends where you live i'd say, Netherlands is expensive ingeneral, i've heard England isn't that expensive, lucky cunts got out of the EU too.

are you homeless and want to stab the non-homeless?

>i've heard England isn't that expensive

this fucking guy

Fuck, I need much more. Only made about 10K so far

Real estate wasn't right? How much is a average house outside big cities?

No wtf

come to Poland man. 120$k is around half milion polish zloty. You can buy for this like 40-50m flat, 5yrs nice car and live for 2 years on not bad level.
We have great food, cheap alcohol and girls are cute.

If you want o live like hustler and king move to ukraine. You gotta fall in love on every corner and $300 for month is more than enough there

I find myself thinking similar thoughts, I don'tt really consider anything less than $2,000,000 to be anywhere near enough to retire on.

>nice car
>12 year old Beema

he's lying, dude tried to stab me last week

depends on your lifestyle really. at $2m you could live off the interest/gains at $80k/year without ever really touching the principle (on average)

dude you can buy nice car for 10-15k euro. In poland there is too many holes in road for lambo

Yes is very nice

why?

whys that and developing what?

just curious as I was thinking of a career change into that.

believing that bonds wont collapse

i wasn't talking about bonds. i'm talking about a conservative 4% withdraw rate from various investments, some of which could include bonds, but certainly not a full allocation.

firecalc.com/

I improve databases and automate useless work for my company, its boring because I sit in front of my computer 8 hours a day alone with pretty much no social interaction other than phone calls from customers

Haha no that’s not shit. You need 5-10 mil to retire and live good

Its strange, I see a lot of anons saying that once they hit 250k or so they've 'made it'. Perhaps I'm just greedy but I want the finer things in life and the absolute bliss of not worrying about money.

DAE SWEDISH GOVERNMENT IS COMMUNIST XDDDD RIGHT DUDUDES LMAOOO

yeah i dunno about "made it" at $250k, but that's certainly a number where $500k becomes very achievable through investment. then of course, $1m and so on.

You have right mindset. If you want to live the absolute minimalistic lifestyle with zero expenses while doing nothing, eventually you realise your life is pretty shyte. Might as well do something like wage, run a biz or beg on the streets but afford some luxury then to just live off benies.

>it's not even "a lot" in third world shitholes.
>You need 5-10 mil to retire

What the fuck am I even reading?

I live a comfortable life at the moment, I run my own business and make decent money, I do have some nice possessions as well. Its just sad to see what is becoming on my home city with a huge influx on immigrants. I think ultimately having the ability (or money) to be able to choose where you want your kids to grow up is a true milestone in life.

Why not get a different developer job where you can socialize?

This.

I've had 2 developer jobs and both were the same with pretty much no social interaction

Any money manager will agree this is exactly how investing works.

no, but swedes, as a population, have an extreme left tilt as base level and the moment some major economic down turn hits, like I don't know, a housing bubble collapsing dragging their whole economy with it down the drain, all you gonna hear is "capitalism bad, we need more equality".

You're so out of touch with reality

>You need 5-10 mil to retire and live good
Let's go with $7.5m. At that amount invested and with a conservative withdraw rate of 4% (so the principle is never touched), that comes out to be $300k/year. Interesting that neither of you will ever make this amount, yet that's what you think you need.