Bitcoin is so slow, it doesnt even seem practical, lets say stores start taking bitcoin, like some shop on main street...

bitcoin is so slow, it doesnt even seem practical, lets say stores start taking bitcoin, like some shop on main street, i dont have 2+ hours to sit around waiting for my btc to show up so i can pay for my sandwich

Do you have to wait a month at the store after buying with a credit card to ensure you can't do a charge back?

it's a scam anyway they can just generate as many btc as they want

thats why i just dont see it making it as a currency, its honestly a shame that bitcoin has exploded like it has when its so shitty

so your saying that businesses will just be ok with taking your word for it that you sent the bitcoin, im not familiar with using mobile wallets or anything so maybe im just not informed well enough but im sure the venors would at least want some sort of confirmation that the transaction is pending with their account, i just went to send btc to my bittrex account from coinbase and its been pending for two hours already but hasnt even showed up as pending on bittrex... im gonna have to start looking into using a different exchange i think

These are the pains of being here early.

Take advantage of your timing, buy some crypto, and shut your mouth.

VISA credit transactions take 5000x less energy per transaction than buttcoin. bad comparison to make there.

Nobody is expecting stores to start taking bitcoin anytime soon. It's used in a similar fashion to gold at the moment.
Secondly, its not as if bitcoin cannot be updated to have faster transactions, thats basically why we had the whole bcash/2x/retard shitshow.
It's like you don't know how any of this works.

You can buy amazon gift cards with bitcoin. No reason not to do this with everything. Load up your chipotle app with bitcoin then when you order you have money.

i am all in ark now basically but i still have to buy btc to buy ark, im gonna start looking into a few new coins soon tho

>muh coffee & sandwich meme
Hey Grandpa, 2015 was two years ago

Has the adoption of bitcoin done a x10 this year? No?
Then it's a bubble

i guess ive been spoiled by the 8 second transaction time with ARK

The value of a network is the square of the number of users.

The user base doesn't need to go up 10 times to increase its value 10 times.

gold has zero(nill) relation to bitcoin.

gold is gold.

if you think bitcoin is like gold you should get out of this game while you still can.

>8 second transaction times
Does that help make up for being worth $11,795 less than a proper crypto coin?

Only noobs say this shit. I just transferred 22k for like 3 dollars and it took about 10 mins.

ya seeing as it will be there in a couple years, im pretty comfy desu

Problem with Ark is it's centralized. How do you think world governments will treat a threat to their power when there is a clear target?

Then just use ETH, oh wait

I've got bad news for you, my friend. In a couple years, distributed exchange means people will buy the coin just before they need it and sell it just after they've got it. The reserve assert in such a world will be BTC.

Still, props to you plowing that furrow in a barren field. I guess

Salty buttcoiner cucks.
Hey grandpa, just die with your dinosaur already.

Buy the bean dip.

What's that? I can't hear you from an altitude of $11,785

>buy into my useless dinosaur so I can dump on you later

So that's the new paradigm of buttcoin.

>implying that isn't the paradigm of every coin
it's either a useless dino now or a half baked jumble of new tech buzzwords that will be a dino later. it's all buy low and dump high and when one trendytech coin fails just jump on another until the whole thing jumps the shark and big money stops taking it seriously, then the rides over. great ride though, worth it

Businesses will be okay with 0 conf transactions for $10, yes

No! You don't get it! The credit card companies will eat all the potential losses rather than make you wait for your transaction.

That way you can pay their fees, AND the bitcoin fees. See?! It's awesome!

Besides, it's mooning. You don't want to be left out, do you?

>send tx
>you've received a tx (instant)
>no confirmation
>bye, have a nice day
Maybe you're wondering "but what if it never gets confirmed and drops out of the mempool?"
>store records that the tx never settled
>next time you try and pay from that address, they refuse the sale unless you cover your debt
"but what if I use another address?"
>stores record your name or something

We might need to give up the no chargebacks meme to see retail popularity.

Another solution could be to record every tx that drops out of mempool and just cycle it back through again. But that could have bad implications in terms of network traffic

the store can just keep rebroadcasting the transactions for a while until they go through