That's be $20 sir

>that's be $20 sir
>plus $8 transaction fee
>plus 4 hours wait till confirmation

Why would anyone use Bitcoin over fiat? What value does Bitcoin have?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interbank_lending_market
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i dont need to tip when their cars will be making solarcoin every hour

The FED cant print it...yet...

bank transfers, man. it's about bank transfers and moving large sums. they take several days and are more expensive.
you don't pay the delivery goy with bitcoin, for that there's silver.

Cash

>not using Litecoin

Well guys at $8 per transaction Bitcoin would never be used for even buying shit on Amazon. VISA and Mastercard charge

How do you make solarcoin every hour?

>0
erm ive spent about $1000 in bitcoin on amazon

but that has neither value nor is it easy to transfer

Bitcoin used to be a currency. Nobody expected it to gain this much traction, have this many transactions backlogged or be worth this much. This is exactly why Blockstream is pushing Bitcoin as a store-of-value now. As a currency it is worthless. Several other coins are way better as a currency, and hence why we have Bitcoin Cash now as well.

transfer of large funds between countries. like profits. apple for instance is supposedly a large player in the forex market.

>that would be 0.002 grams of gold sir
>do you have change from 0.5239 grams of gold?
>no, but just let me call a professional gold melting company and they will be here two days from now
>oh and btw it will cost 40 times more

So I guess gold is useless then.

>Stupid millennials and their fancy technology

now you know why almost nobody owns gold

thats what omg is for

Gold has uses that aren't muh store of value.

>guys tulips do have a use. they're an excellent store of value. gold 2.0

>twelve penguins die from climate change due to the electricity used to process the transaction.

Nobody is talking about commodities, retard. Nice strawman.
>wants to be a currency
>is a grossly inflated commodity
Crypto is worthless without state and therefore military backing. When WW3 comes and critical infrastructure is down, crypto will be useless, while money will still have value due to being backed by the military.

>7 trillion dollar market cap
>100x bitcoins market cap

Yeah no one uses it.

>muh wiki
Just read faggot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interbank_lending_market

Crypto has huge potential here. It's so obvious. You want big money and you want it fast? There's a solution for that.
Fuck consumer spending.

Sure, doesn't change the fact that 99% of all the gold is locked up in severely secured fortresses.

Sure grandpa. Also uber is shit, airbnb is shit, paypal is shit, online newspapers are shit. Basically everything invented in the past 20 years, which has become incomprehensible for your worn out brain, is probably shit.

this is why DGB and XRP have value or any fast crypto for that matter

>the year is 2023
>take a nice shit in the morning
>"thank you sir. that will be 100 IOTA to flush your excrements"
>go to kitchen for some food
>fridge is locked
>"sorry sir, according to your SHITTRON9000 smart-toilet, your fecal matter contains abnormal levels of calprotectin. Your food supply has been locked for today and your health insurance provider has been notified. Your premiums will be adjusted accordingly"
>fugg
>pay 50 IOTA to turn on Smart-TV and watch the news
>rape up 5.000%, refugees burned down another one of their smart cities again
>Smart-Car starts honking in the driveway to notifiy you that you have to go to work
>Smart TV turns off instantly because according to your house you should be en-route to the office already
>pay 100 IOTA to enter your smartcar
>realize you forgot your wallet in the house
>too bad, smart house is locked until after your shift ends at 5 PM

wow what a bright future were looking at
THANKS IOTA!

>grandpa
Wrong. And another fallacy.
>uber is shit
It is, and spies on its users. You'd have to be retarded to use it.
Same with all the other crap you listed for similar reasons - pure consumerist gimmicks. That's what you are, a retarded consumerists falling for pop trends and gimmicks and calling them "inventions".

There's scaling solutions. Honestly the whole big block vs. lightning network argument pissed me off because the proper solution(and one that should have been easy to implement) is to have increased block size while continuing backend development on lightning network. Bigger blocks is not feasible longterm but it would have been a great shortterm fix to the current problem until lightning network would be needed and ready.

Instead we ended up with a massive dick waving contest and polarized camps who refused to compromise.

>Wrong. And another fallacy.

Huur duurr I come to a chinese animeboard to discuss financial matters with the utmost severity, and I will not except anything that isn't derived in a sound and complete manner from properly defined axioms.

>Same with all the other crap you listed for similar reasons - pure consumerist gimmicks

See I new you were an old conservative fart.

You dumb niggers and your retarded FUD...

Crypto is in its infancy... BTC will scale with usage...

I'm sure abacus was more efficient than a vacuum tube computer that took up an entire room, or a horse was faster than a car, fax more widely used than email, etc, etc...

If you're this much of a brainlet, forget crypto, it's not for you.

>puts on fedora and vapes

this is a space for early adopters, visionaries, and those not content with the status quo.

What value does it have? Well, my friend bought a PC from me. If he paid in fiat, the transfer would have taken 3 days. Instead, he paid ETH and I received my money in 5 minutes. There's one.

>See I new you were an old conservative fart
Wrong, kid. I just value my freedom, which you clearly don't, and also don't fall for consumerist gimmicks. You have yet to defend any of the spew you subscribe to so willingly. Consumerist retard drone.

I agree 100%

Doubling the block size would have been an excellent short term fix. Then again, I think the discussions took place before scaling was a current problem.

I'm sure Vitalik and co didn't envisage a cat game fucking their shit up.

Amazing how quickly the tech is being adopted.

So you value your freedom, yet you preach for centralised institutions over decentralized technologies?

Seems contradictory to me.

>Crypto is worthless without state and therefore military backing

What the fuck are you talking about?

You realise the internet is like a spiders web, and almost anyone can run a node or mine BTC (albiet, asics are required at CURRENT difficulty - although this would reduce quickly if the ASIC farms were nuked).

BTC is the antithesis of currency that requires government backing, that is literally the point...

If the world end up in a situation where there is no internet, I'd be more worried about the 7 billion people that rely on the internet to feed them. (modern farming/logistics - not possible without the internet).

The internet is literally vital for human existence at this point, we're all dead if WW3 takes it out (and by association, all electrical grids, water, and government).

Do you think government backed currency (or the government itself) would survive a collapse of the magnitude you refer to? pro tip - it wouldn't. BTC has more chance of survival than any individual state or military.

A survivalist/doomsdayer should be buying guns, tinned beans and water purifying supplies.

>do you want your own elected representative or chinese billionaires who hate you controlling your money
hmmmmm

And you are a child attempting to have a conversation with an adult about things you can't possibly understand yet.

Better than international bank transfer.

>implying elected representatives control your money

Its a store of value numbnuts. Bitcoin wont be used as much as a currency as will etherium, btc cash, iota, monero, litecoin, etc but bitcoin is the big gold-like store of value.

Regardless of how long it takes or how big the fees are its still backed by sounds numbers and retarded computer power. Its also literally magic internet money.

Actually I've been accumulating pizza tokens on coss, so that'll be one free pizza, plus tip, thanks.

store of value.

its only storage of value at this moment. just like gold

>world's most volatile commodity
>it's a store of value guys!
Try again.

why don't they prioritize confirmations so that one is immediately applied to every transaction? there is literally never a case where one confirmation isn't enough, the standard is just two

>who is janet yellen

lightning network faggot! just hold on to your tits for fuck sakes! jesus christ you people are such raging faggots!

Kek

Fuck off fudding pajeet

there will be build a complete new infrastructure around blockchain and cryptos much like internet. this wont be only new global currency use but much more. it all starts from decentralization of everything

transaction fees can be minimal if you're ok waiting a day for it. you can buy a pizza and the pizza guy can confirm you sent the money, the money doesnt actually need to be confirmed via blockchain immediately

also, if everyone used lower fees, the average fee would be lower too, but people are fucking paranoid and think their transaction is lost in limbo if it isnt confirmed within an hour

Bad example the one guy who bought a pizza with bitcoin wishes he was never born.