Why did they change him? He used to be this cool 'great statesman' type figure, now he's just this emperor-chad

Why did they change him? He used to be this cool 'great statesman' type figure, now he's just this emperor-chad

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Age_of_Sigmar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no they didn't

Fucking hate the term chad. What, you're too but hurt that your neckbeard doesn't get you any ladies? There something wrong with putting an effort into appearances and working out?

What does "Chad" even mean? Is that what you say when you're too old to say "jock" without being ridiculed?

>Why did they change him?
They didn't, it's all imperial propaganda, Ludwig and the griffon.

>He used to be this cool 'great statesman' type figure, now he's just this emperor-chad
Those two things are not mutually exclusive. And go back to [r9k] with that 'Chad' bullshit.

i mean that he used to be 'merely' an exceptional human. now you get the impression nobody would be surprised at him sololing a major chaos lordboss

I think it's less about Veeky Forums and more about "Chad" being a douche.

Then OP should've just said douchebag and not sound like a man child throwing a tantrum.

He died during Glottkin invasion. Was pretty great but not that awesone,

He and his mount were killing giant monsters and had an awe-inspiring presence on others long before now.

Have you not even seen his appearance in the Felix & Gotrek books?

NOMMUS

You're daft, he's fucking great.

Playing this game and Vermintide made me come to realize I like fantasy (at least the setting) better than 40k, and I've got a 40k army and been playing for years.

At any rate a living, moving Emperor Franz, is infinitely more appealing than a throne-clad The Emperor.

yes, he is mighty warrior, great general, wise ruler and superb statesman.
As seen in wh40k, being 'normal' human and killing demons, or orks is completly plausible.
Keep in mind that they live in world full of warfare, no computers, modern medicine and so on. so they are tougher then you or me or other user.
IMO he is greater warrior and ruler then Sigmar when he was human.

Based Karl. I wish we had leaders like him in the real world.

SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS

THIS ACTION DOESN'T HAVE MY CONSENT

Sorry, no Age of Sigmar lore.

PROTECT

THIS

SMILE

>I FUCKING HATE THAT WORD
>IT MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'RE THROWING A TANTRUM

do you really think someone who unironically uses the term "chad" would have read G&F?

Man, I can't ply this game. It cheats like fuckin crazy.

>Chasing down enemy army
>Takes a city and keeps moving in the same move
>Garrison in city is full health
>Always running faster then my army despite the fact that I'm in march stance
>Multiple actions for each one turn they have
>Drop the game and wait for a mod to fix it

Fuck this.

TW has increased the cheating level with each game. In Rome 1 only the big factions had ultrastakes most cities had half a score units. In Rome 2 every mono-region faction will throw you 1200 soldiers every turn.

Don't ever talk to me or my elector counts ever again.

The main part that irritates me is the lack of an intercept mechanic outside the underway.

It's nothing but the highest grade bullshit that raiders can waltz in your regions, get their shit pushed in and then go off and fuck up your towns anyway.

The game features a fairly young Karl Franz too; some of his storyline battles happened before the original "present" of the wargame and before Archaeon was actually the Everchosen.
The Blackfire Pass event battle for example.

His hammer is pretty neat, I'd like a 3rd person version where you just go around as Karl frank hitting things with a hammer. Which is why I like storm cast externals, because If there's one thing warhammer needs it's more big guys hitting other big guys with hammers, wait is this the troll Veeky Forums thread?

He is described in the 6th edition empire book as being taller and more muscular than many men, and is a superb warrior as well as statesman. Normal humans in warhammer have to go up against orcs and beastmen regularly, it makes sense that the beastly badasses are the ones who survived to reproduce. Plus, Karl Franz can channel the power of Sigmar in times of great need, like he did during blackfire pass. Thst actuallynused to be included in his rules in the early editions. Don't know where you got the idea that he was just a good statesman

I liked it too, until I realized the unique characters/leaders have the same animations.

I had a ton of fun and laughs watching Karl leap into combat and smash the ground with his hammer, sending enemies flying. Then I later realized he wasn't anything special when a witch hunter did the same thing with a rapier.

Also it bugs me a little, that the unique characters are physically bigger than normal troops. I can understand why they did it, to increase visibility and stuff on the battlefield, but it's a little irksome to see Franz towering two heads over other humans in combat, and that's not including his huge helmet. Maybe Franz himself is just a huge guy (though in game he's like 10 feet tall) but it's the same with all unique characters from what I've seen.

End Times and Age of Sigmar. Completely ruined Karl Franz' character.

How so? I'm not familiar with either so am curious.

Faggots and underage b& say "Chad" when they mean "preppy".

Not him, but End Times didn't actually change Karl at all.

What it did was rape the setting until there was nothing left of the corpse.

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Age_of_Sigmar

Just makes you sound like a fag mostly.

>Faggots
This is Veeky Forums, you aren't exactly narrowing it down any

Well, he has a griffon and ghal maraz, one of the most powerful magical weapons in the Old world

he also has a horse and dragon

the perks of being emperor

> tfw medieval 1 is STILL lightyears ahead of any total war

try it if you don't believe me, the battle AI actually can beat you if you get a bit careless, on expert difficulty (and it's only got a slight cheating edge) - it actually uses plausible and comprehend-able strategies

It's the price we paid for memes.

Well, Rome 2 is also shit.

Especially the rebellions were ridicilous. They had more soldiers than your entire faction

the dragon is part of the problem

they literally say 'only karl snowflake can ride him. NO OTHER HUMAN has the strength of will.'

like there's this awful trend with GW to basically try and make the powerful humans' as 'awesome' as the bad guys which just kind of undercuts the magic of their survival

Medieval Total War 3 when

Just play 1212 AD mod

Don't you know there's an update coming tomorrow

End Times is WFHB and Karl got wrecked by the Glottkin.

Sigmar possessed his corpse afterwards.

So that user is a lying piece vof shit.

Karl was defeated by Walach of the Blood Knights and then later by the Glottkin.

Like it was said, he is great but in the end of the day he is still a weakling Southern human.

ELECTOR COUNTS!

ASSEMBLE!

"chad" is on par with "normie"
there is already something wrong with you if it has a place in your regular vocabulary.

So how hard is it to get through Empire campaign in Total War, and enter into confederation with all the other provinces with their original Elector Counts still intact including Marienburg?

Marienburg can be confederated, but in my experience must be courted longer than most other provinces due to Marienburg's imperial distrust, bellicose AI, and huge wealth/power. Keeping all the counts alive is tough, since VCs often kill Ostermark and Norsca almost always flattens Nordland. This is on the Hard difficulty for me, might be different on other settings.

See The human heroes are good compared to normal real life dudes, but they aren't nearly as powerful as the heroes of just about every other race. "Normal human warrior" in warhammer just means they aren't blessed by magic or mutated, they are still leagues above real life normal humans especially in bravery, toughness and endurance.

>tfw when no holy roman empire

You just mad Karl gets the bitches.

Imperial Distrust is randomised, you might get lucky and have a friendly Wasteland, Middenland, Wissenland from the start.

I like those depictions where he has completely average stats for an empire officer but becomes a killing machine on the battlefield by virtue of having the most expensive magical heirlooms and exotic steeds in the world. That's what being a fantasy emperor should be all about.

That doesn't really come across in Total War, but then every non-wizard Lord is OP in that game. It irks me much more that a random level 1 orc or human general is basically invulnerable to normal infantry.

those reeing chat normies make me spaghetti

At some point it just sounds like cis-scum or triggered

I thought the dragon let the other emperors ride him when he felt that he had to defend his good life.

CHAD eats PIZZA and ICE CREAM while YOU eat CLEAN and TRAIN HARD

If it's strength of will then that's some wrong writing. Dragons make allies, not accept masters. Even at the best of times you're a curiosity to them. They've only truly treated one being as an equal and he's been dead for thousands of years.

End Times only existed to serve as the lead in to Age of Sigmar, and so should properly be considered AoS lore.

I figured it was the US version of Chav.

End Times is in the WHFB setting.
Conversely, it's not in the AoS setting.
I understand you're butthurt. Now, you must understand that butthurt doesn't alter reality.

>you must understand that butthurt doesn't alter reality

Brexit happened.
Trump happened.

Enough butthurt can crash the world.

While I understand your point, there's two points of contention; one, your tabletop model wargaming hobby is not politics in a local, national, or internal sense. Two; Trump is sort of still in the process of happening and currently is stalling really hard rather then fully happened yet.

Not that guy you responded too BTW, just felt the need to add this. Sorry.

Sorry, that's wrong.

Nope, you're wrong, stop acting like your opinion matters when it won't change a thing. this isn't even the WHFB General where other faggots like you honestly believe this shit, go back to your containment thread where you'll still be wrong.

Seriously, is 'no u' all it takes to trigger you this hard?