Wizard, here are hundreds of fun and interesting spells to choose from!

>wizard, here are hundreds of fun and interesting spells to choose from!

>cleric, you have a d8 HD, wear heavy armor, and can buff yourself to be a melee god!

>fighter, here's a +1 bonus on attack rolls with one specific kind of weapon.

Do you know why I hate D&D, user? It's because I wasted so much of my fucking life grappling with the system, house ruling it into a semblance of Not Fucking Shit, when I could have been fun gaming with another system. Except there wasn't another system, because the shitwaste nerds love Pathfinder and refuse to try a system that isn't garbage.

>inb4 u mad bro

Yes. D&D is a shitty system, and it's a cancer infecting the hobby.

What do you expect to achieve here? Nobody who sees or responds to this will undergo some moment of revelation and renounce their opinions - people will either post here to agree or disagree, and any actual chance of convincing people will be shouted down in a storm of shitposting. We've all gone through this song and dance so many times, and yet here we all are.

Man, every day. You really are Virt, aren't you?

It's eternally triggered bitch-user. He lives his life from one triggered episode to the next.

He goes to a D&D board in order to get enraged about D&D, because rage is the only emotion he has left other than sadness.

I geniuinely think that D&D semi-monopoly is the cancer choking the TTRPG hobby but posting those threads continously is retarded, also
>picking unimportant shit while there are way more concerning things about D&D than those
You know you make more harm than good with that unless this is false flag/baiting for lulz which it probably is

If you want a circle-jerk, I think you know where to find leddit. We don't care about your shit opinions.

I genuinely think you're just as bad as OP and you lack the self-awareness to realize that, so I'm going to go ahead and point it out.

i play d&d because it's what everyone else plays and no one wants to learn a different system and we still manage to have fun playing it

sorry op i know it goes against your new world order

I geniuinely think that you're projecting shit on people you disagreeing with to feel more secure about your beliefs yes I know this argument can be reversed and turned into endless circle so just stop it

No, there's a difference between disagreeing and endlessly shitposting, and that's where you and your friends are trapped in.

You are stuck in a cycle, because you've convinced yourselves that D&D is a problem. You go through all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify that to yourselves, and then you feel like it's some kind of duty to shitpost.

Not argue, not disagree, just straight-up shitpost the same empty opinions like you think you're doing someone a favor by complaining about the most popular game brand on a game board.

I miss the memes of old.

>it's a cancer infecting the hobby
It *is* the hobby you Lord of Aspergers.

Hey look, my name says "Anonymous"

Know what it means?

It means you have no means to know what do I write on this board, yet you assume to know.

You know how it's called? Yes, its projecting

And user learned 5e exists, and all was well

> Thinks the classes are the problem
D&D's overrated as fuck, sure, but it's far from teh worst. You could argue it's cancerous because lots of casuals pick it up and never try any other game, but beyond that it's impact within the RPG community is hardly detrimental.

Mods just delete "Elf slave wat do?" threads now. The old ways are dead.

Remember when we had an Elf Slav wat do thread? That was a good one.

That's actually not projecting. I mean, it could be, but that would be raw conjecture. My opinions of his opinions aside, you can't call assuming you're the same person he was talking to earlier projecting.

So, you didn't post that you think that D&D is the cancer choking the TTRPG hobby? It sounds like you did, like you felt that you needed your dumb opinion to be heard. That makes it quite clear you are just as bad as OP, because while OP started this thread you're the one deciding to keep bumping it.

You lack self-awareness. That's half your problem right there.

>Fighter
>most attribute bumps in the game
>most opportunities to take feat combos
>most extra attacks
>extra 1d8 plus forced saves on enemies 4 times a day
>can literally pick up weapon and know what they're doing
>Veeky Forums cries it's not enough

The fuck do you need before you'll be happy, m8

Why is anyone even replying?

Why am *I* even replying?

This, so much this

I don't hate on people who love D&D, it's perfectly fine if you have fun with it.
But for so long it was the only thing I could play because everyone I know want to play that and only that and never try anything else.

Now I play Burning Wheel, and I'm having a much, much better time

OP has never actually opened a 5e book, they just assume.

It's the classic circle jerk of the outcasts who desperately hate D&D trying to console each other.

This thread will reach 300+, because they can't stop. They are literally addicted to shitposting, and the sad thing is that they think they're acting towards some noble cause.

Because you're a /v/tard. You've been conditioned for years to respond to obvious bait.

Yes I did
And yes I think it is cancer. I have my right to this opinion, and your opinion that my opinion is dumb doesn't automatically make it such.
Especially with no arguments. and inb4 "but you also have no arguments here lol - I didn't posted here to argue about if D&D is bad or not, I posted here to criticize OP
You still have no proof that I make OP-tier shit threads and shitposts elsewhere, and if you take my first post here as shitpost, that's your "dumb opinion" and you can stick it wherever you like.

>Been playing rpgs for 20+ years.
>Not tested D&D until a month ago
>It's actually pretty fun
A little computer gamey (kill shit, grab everything they have) but that's alright for comfy beatemups and the simple ruleset is alright for online gamean.

In ergo, D&D bretty gud. :3

You seem nearly as triggered as the guy you're deriding. I've seen you're constant bitching about bitching for the last few weeks.

>bretty gud
I think you mean pretty good.

>eternally triggered bitch-user

Are you that person who keeps trying to force this meme-phrase?

Just tossing my worthless 2 cent but it might because we have heard nothing but bitching about dnd for years at this point.

I think he is kinda justified as the anti dnd fags started to infect non dnd related threads or screaming not to use dnd when a thread is specifically about it.

Which version did you play?

If we didn't have bitching about the various games we play, we'd have nothing but an endless cavalcade of shitpost threads that have nothing to do with traditional games. Doubly so since quests, ERP, and smut threads have been kicked out

Remember the part about you lacking self-awareness?

You are as bad as OP. Worse even. You might even very well be OP, because all you're really interested in is increasing the post count of this thread.

So fuck off with your hate. Fuck off with your bait. If you hate D&D so much, don't play it, and stop complaining about it's popularity like you think that it has any impact on you or the games you play. You're just relying on amazing leaps of logic ("if these people who I wouldn't want to play with because they're the kind of people who only stick to one system that I don't even like would just stop playing that system, then the game I have invested myself to an almost religious degree will somehow become popular!"), and doing so in such a stupid manner it can only be called "dumb", regardless of how offended you are to hear that.

You can dislike D&D, but trying to blame it for anything other than starting the hobby, keeping it alive, expanding its player base, and inspiring and influencing every game that followed it, is just needless bitching.

Im not talking about that and you know it.

I am talking about being in a shadowrun or wh40k thread and someone complaining about 3.5 or having threads about story ideas and some fuck saying that it would be perfect if you denounce dnd.

There is debate and discussion, then there is just being a cunt.

Oh look, it's eternally triggered bitch-user.

>Doubly so since quests, ERP, and smut threads have been kicked out

you're kidding right? quest threads haven't gone anywhere unfortunately

Forced Meme vs. Forced Meme, and there's no forced meme worse than "D&D is problematic I need to complain about it all day."

Yeah as obnoxious as "oh look"-kun is at least he's not posting threads every day to try and force his meme

I guess always? Like, I didn't start with D&D. I started with stuff like GURPS and BESM and even if I don't like those games anymore, I was never really into heroic fantasy. I do play D&D sometimes because it's the easiest thing to find other players for, and I've had fun with it before, but it's not my thing and it's only been with 5th edition that I've been able to be comfortable with the rules. I have no problem with people who love D&D but it seems like way too many D&D players aren't willing to get out of their comfort zone and try something new every once in a while. And no, Pathfinder doesn't count. So that bugs me, but it isn't a big deal.

There's like a couple anons who make troll threads equating 3.PF with all D&D, and a couple anons who keep shouting "it's the most popular, you are just jealous!". Their posting styles are easily identifiable, at least posts with similar content, temperament and structure had been popping up more regularly about a few months ago.

Both stances are fucking retarded, but make an emotional appeal similar to edition warring but even less concrete and more wide, making intelligent discussion downright impossible, which is made even worse by all the strawmen and appeal to popularity being thrown about.

I'm sincerely hoping it's just trolls trolling trolls, because otherwise I'd have to accept people are still this retarded in 2016.

>extra 1d8 four times a day
paladins get like 6d8 fifteen times a day

Nevermind, I take it back.

Fuck, it's the genuine article.

Consider suicide. That's the only escape for you, you eternally-triggered bitch.

D&D was my first game
I've played a ton of other systems since then.
I'll still happily play it, but some of my favorites now are Stars Without Number, Dungeon World, MAID, Dark Heresy and my homebrew.

At the cost of a spell-slot.
At level twenty, it's 5d8 twice a day, 4/3/2d8 three times a day each, and 1d8 four times a day.

The fighter has the 1d8 four times a day at level three, which increases to 6 times a day by level twenty. At max level, they also have four attacks per turn, two fighting styles and those cuh-razy maneuvers and feats on top of it all.

Lol OP, when I was DM I was the only one who owned books or dice, and I had to constantly dispense the rules. We played WFRP2 until I realized they were better suited to D&D. When we finally wore it out and tried out GURPS, that was fun before my desire for perfection made me hate GURPS's limits and imbalances. Then I thought about homebrewing and real life happened, and now when I have time, I play D&D

This post is pretty good, because this meme is pretty good.

Improved Divine Smite too.
>two fighting styles
What?
>cuh-razy maneuvers
There's a maneuver that knocks prone and a maneuver that boosts accuracy and the rest of them are just kinda meh.

The counter one is also pretty okay.

But yeah. That user is also wrong about them only recovering on a long rest.

I can't tell if he's being serious or sarcastic about it.

Woah, a move that knocks prone AND a move that boosts accuracy? Sounds like weaboo fightan magic to me.

Whoops. That was a mistake on my part.
Alas, the d8's also scale up to d12 before twenty.
So there's that.

Who said anything about a long rest?
The fighters get their stuff back after a short rest.
Which is insane.
It easily doubles the amount of superiority dice available.

>appeal to popularity

This entire argument is always centered around the quality of the game, not its popularity.

To you, it's not just that D&D is popular and you don't like it. That sounds as petty as it is, and you can't have that.
You feel the need to justify why it shouldn't be popular, so you need to try and "objectively prove" that it's a bad game.
And, what you fail to understand is that you can't.

You can't for a number of reasons, with the foremost being that you fail to understand what "objectively" means, and you wind up pretending that your opinions are somehow more important than anyone else's.

You devote yourself to arguments that are petty and inconsequential, never comprehending that most people don't care. They play the game and enjoy it, focusing on the multitude of good aspects, choosing to use the parts of the system they like. All the wheedling arguments you compose, the little nitpicking you perform, it only matters to you, and you are so set in your hatred that you are unwilling to look beyond that. Your self-centered belief that any D&D is a problem comes purely from your own prejudice, a prejudice most people don't have, and which makes your "arguments" just little more than repetitive bitching on matters that are hardly as game-breaking as you've convinced yourself they are.

When people tell you that D&D is popular (with the various editions occupying the top spots), they are reminding you that your opinion is only that. That all your arguments, regardless of how passionately you've deluded yourself into imagining they are so important, are ignored by the majority of players.

No matter how much you want to try and find a reason to justify your hatred, you won't be able to. You can engage someone in the petty debates where you demand they pay attention to your grievances, but at the end of the day, you're still hoping that your opinion is superior to someone else's, and that's really just your opinion.

>Who said anything about a long rest?

>The fighter has the 1d8 four times a day at level three, which increases to 6 times a day by level twenty.

Holy shit I'm having vague flashbacks. Tell me about Virt

>Game one
>Gnome cleric of Garl Glittergold
>Pranking my allies half the campaign, until the BBEG turns out to be a high level vampire
>Destroy him with Sunbeam to his body while the Fighter (who literally specialized in Sundering things) broke his coffin and scattered his gravedirt
>Fun was had by all

>Game two
>Play a super-high AC dorf fighter with tower shield and feats for shields and whatnot
>First encounter is an open field, DM has enemies simply walk around me and kill another player's character, blames me out of character, I end up walking away

To be /able/ to invalidate a character so completely is horrible.

Don't even have to tell you, he has a tumblr now...

virtualoptim.tumblr.com

You might want to try not thinking in WoW terms when building a character.

so he... blogs about tabletop? There must be more, there's a reason I remembered his name so clearly, yet it's all foggy. Are there greentexts of him?

Who the hell said I was?

Because protecting other characters is totally a video-game option unless magic is involved, right? It's not like I put points into social skills to bait enemies with colorful insults as part of my character or anything. God forbid I like the idea of a four foot tall surly tin can begrudgingly defending his 'comrades'.

Nope, it's all WoW and mmo concepts

reductionism is totally the best way to argue

>when your group is autistic and conditioned to NEVER short rest in the middle of an adventuring guy, ever
>they think we are always in a rush even when we're not
>"guys I'm out of resources and almost dead let's rest in this room for a bit"
>"NO, HAVE THIS CURE WOUNDS FOR 8 HP, KEEP MOVING"
>when the cleric insults you for still wanting to rest after his waste of a spell
>when you're not the GM so you can't just change it to 10 minute short rests

Hard to find good quality screenshots. Basically every day he'd start a thread like this and also go into the 5eg and just bitch, call everyone a faggot and cucks, bitch about everyone having badwrongfun, post shitty magic card edits, etc. Doesn't sound as annoying in hindsight but it was hell while he was here

> while he was here

He never left...

It's good for that one thing it was made for (combat-based adventure gaming), mediocre in a bunch of things people claim it's good at (running out-of-the-box fantasy, homebrewing interesting mechanics) and absolutely shitty at everything else.

So, yeah - D&D is good at being D&D. You get problems when players/groups want to explore different things, but never try out any other game/system because they're too comfy with 3.5 or 5e or whatnot.

I mean, sure, you can do whatever you want with it if you replace enough shit with homebrew, but you're basically playing game designer then and might as well pick a less bloated system to design around.

He doesn't tripfag though so he's somewhat indistinguishable from the rest of the trolls. At the very least, the lack of the word cuck makes it hard to identify him.

That's a cute opinion, but it sounds like you're exaggerating for the most part.
If people are comfy with a system, there must be more to it than you're willing to admit.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's"Oh look"-kun.

This is my first time lurking Veeky Forums, are you guys always like this? This is thread is great.

It makes far more sense for ETBA to him. But you're just hoping to pop a meme that's gotten under your skin, ETBA.

Or should I say... Virt?

How does it feel? Getting cucked by the SJW pandering shitshow of an edition that's 5e?

5e will finally kill the shitty D&D you grew invested in by embracing what D&D was meant to be; the RPG gateway drug instead of the brain rotting shitcrack that's 3.PF. Your community is rotting from the inside thanks to the sjw cucks at paizuri and your game is already less popular than 5e is with a grand total of 4 fucking books.

And when they realize however accessible the system is that it's shallow as fuck, they'll look beyond to find other games; they will try Dungeon World, and DCC, and FATE and Savage Wordls, and GURPS and whatever they like, they'll even try 4e, but nobody, nobody will fucking play your edition, not because it's shit (which it truly is), but because it'd mean having to play with pimpledick losers who can't move past the incredibly flawed edition they got emotionally invested in fucking fifteen years ago, and their dossier of "totally cool" houserules for their oh so original, donut steel settings with stats for all kinds of anthropomorphic races.

It'll be only you, and your "friends" in the basement, stench so thick not even your single working mother, who works herself to the death and cries into her pillow while you are slurping mountain dew and sucking the wizard's cock (not you, of course, but one of your totally original anthro NPCs), over what a failure her cuntspawn became.

Then one by one they'll try, actually try other RPGs and realize what you couldn't, that 3.PF is an irredeemably shitty system that only retarded autists play.

You'll be left alone, and decide to mount all your achievements in this life; all the dossiers with the NPCs and all the books and splats you bought and printed for yourself.

I love this post. It's like condensed autism.

I hope that when we figure out how to convert autism into electricity, we won't forget about this idiocy, because I think we could power a small city for a few weeks off of it.

>wizard, here are hundreds of fun and interesting spells to choose from!
>cleric, you have a d8 HD, wear heavy armor, and can buff yourself to be a melee god!
>fighter, here's a +1 bonus on attack rolls with one specific kind of weapon.

You just described 3e (and 3.5 and PF, but they are identical games, and not worthy of being considered seperate.) 3e is not the whole of D&D. Equating the most shit edition with the whole of D&D, because it had the most effective marketing is part of the problem.

Funny, all my books seem to work just fine, and there's more games of PF than any other kind in my town.

I guess reality proves you wrong.

CONFIRMED USAGE OF "KEK", "DUNGEON WORLD", AND "4E"
VIRT CONFIRMED

Oh that's nice, Veeky Forums changed "c u c k" to "kek" now. Huh

>still complaining about 3.5

You seemed to have forgotten to also complain about 2e where the same problems occur, and why not through in some complaints about 4e and 5e as well?

How about looking at the mess of a system that is GURPS, M&M, In Nomine, Paladium, WoD, Exalted, or really any of the popular systems?

I get it, you've got a personal vendetta, but if you're going to pretend that 3e is the only game with flaws, you might as well learn more than just two systems: 3e, and whatever new game you've attached yourself to and think is perfect.

>Not playing 4e
Why do 3aboos cling onto an objectively worse edition besides muh nostalgia anyway?

Why do you think your opinion is objective, and more importantly why do you care?

These questions are rhetorical. Your opinion really isn't all that valued.

>Savage Wordls

I can't wait for the magic cards or the usage of "cuck mearls"

That's not how proof works user...

D&D is the pasta of tabletop, without a good recipe it'll be bland and uncomfortable.

(Plus 3.5 is pretty much left to the autists now, few people care for it).

It's literally 3.5, it references CODzilla and Weapon Focus feats.

It's still the 2nd most popular system if you include Pathfinder, with only 5e having more players and more games.

>this cringe-inducing copypasta

Eh... it was funny when it was first posted, but it hardly deserves a repost.

You build the fucking tower of babel, hoping to find Monte Cook in his ivory tower, so you can suck his cock personally. But he casts his gaze upon your work and says "3rd edition was a mistake"; the tower crumbles under your feet, and as reentry burns your body like fat fucking bacon, tears roll down your cheecks and you cry your final fucking lie, fooling no one, not even yourself
>"it's the most popular system!"

Why the copy-pasta?
I don't get what you're trying to do with it.

Honestly, does vancian casting actually make the game more fun or is it an irredeemable mechanic?

That's a lot of words to cry about how it's popular, so it has to be good.

This whole fucking thread is copy pasta. The OP, and at least 3-6 responces in it, along with some rancid bag of shit trying to force a meme.

Try actually reading some of those words, instead of allowing your self-centered arrogance to assume everything for you.

Sounds like it's getting under your skin.

Okay, so all three things he mentioned, as examples of "why D&D sucks" were 3e specific. If you really WANT my complaints on 2e, 4e, and 5e, I'd be happy to share.

2e: So much nostalgia, but it really doesn't hold up without the nostalgia factor. Still fun for a one-shot, or game night with friends, and it can be fun to run a good old hyper-deadly dungeon-crawl.

4e: Combat takes too long, otherwise love it

5e: Difficult to distinguish from 3e unless you spent loads of time mastering the system of 3e. It feels like it would be more appropriately named 3.5, if they hadn't already used that name and then changed nothing. That's not a bad thing, if what you wanted was "3e but better" but if you didn't want 3e at all, there's no reason to invest time or money.

However, I will concede that OP was correct on one point
>there wasn't another system, because the shitwaste nerds love Pathfinder and refuse to try a system that isn't garbage.

There was a HUGE community that would willingly play nothing but 3e, 3.5, PF, or [insert fandom]d20. Most of those groups, at-least in my area, now refuse to play anything but 5e, which is an improvement I suppose, but still nothing that interests me.

>If you really WANT my complaints

No.
Not at all.
No one does.

I'm neither impressed by your critiques, nor surprised that you only know the D&D's, and barely well enough to attempt to try and critique them by just regurgitating old complaints.

I read it. It's dogshit argumentum ad populum, you little bag of cunt.

You don't care about actual facts, you just want to loudly shitpost about how everyone's wrong but you, and thus, truth doesn't matter. So I'm not even going to bother, other to call you a fuckface, you fuckface.

>t you only know the D&D's
What gave you that impression? This is a thread ABOUT D&D, so it would stand to reason that we'd stay on topic. IF you want to talk about another system or set of systems, I'd be happy to in a thread with the appropriate purview.

No, try reading it. Really. You can't pretend to read it and then just repeat the same mistake.

It's not "it's popular so it's good", it's "You're so set in your opinion, you have to struggle to come up with trivial 'facts' as an attempt to dismiss the majority of players who either ignore you or disagree with you."

That might be the root of why you're so upset all the time, and why you need to feel like other people agree with you. You have an opinion most people don't share, and you feel like you need to somehow "prove" that your opinion is "better", that's it's somehow "objective" rather than petty and trivial.