Minutes before gluing the ceilings for added realism

>Minutes before gluing the ceilings for added realism

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_literacy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>DM spends a long time wheeling this in and putting it on the table
>"We leave the dungeon."
>Four found dead in local man's basement, more at eleven

How long until some autist flips his shit and destroys it during a game?

>implying you'll ever come to touch it

how do you keep the rest of the dungeon under the fog of war? a big sheet or somthing? players gon' be ready for that grue

How long til I flip my shit and destroy YOU? NOT during a game

>how do you keep the rest of the dungeon under the fog of war?

I punish players who metagame.

By having the minis carry torch LEDs, having the room light low and small personal lights for the player sheets.

I want to see this now.

Yes
YEEEESSSSSSS

>not made entirely from LEGO
>no LEGO PCs
>no LEGO monsters
>no WYSIWYG LEGO treasure/items

Keep me posted

Me and my friends play a houserules game that mixes Spacehulk and 40k that looks like this kinda, and we just put a counter in the room, if the soldiers or units on the board are not in the room, then we put a counter in the room instead of the models. Then when they enter a new room, the GM replaces the counters with the appropriate models.

One we were playing a game on a mining world and our troops were captured (we were playing as a small squad of IG each. Once of my guardsman I sent to clear a bathroom and make sure no one was in there, low and behold a fucking sorcerer was in there taking a piss.

>mfw

Hypothetically speaking, you could take camera put it on the wheels and control via remote, the whole thing should be like 2" cube. Then let this inside of the dungeon as the party and have players see what they see on TV screen.

>DM has night vision goggles and repositions monsters every round/turn

okay guys take it easy imma hide under the table

Or you could just fucking computer model it.

Oh god yes!

that would make it vidya

>rollplay dungeon crawl

Not even once.

Seeing all this effort put into such a weak, soulless game is a little tragic.

There was a game with this concept kickstarted a couple weeks back.

Take all of the fun out of it why don'tcha.

it must be horrible to be so smart

>Dungeon crawls cannot possibly have roleplaying opportunities

Uh huh, sure champ. Whatever you need to tell yourself to get to sleep at night.

This gave me a boner.

More than a little

Have a link?

Nope, don't remember the name of it either sadly.

got a link to said kickstarter?

see

All those lights would illuminate the room enough to see the dungeon setup perfectly fine.

Fuck Veeky Forums I knew you were science illiterate but do you seriously not understand how fucking light works? You see it every fucking day.

>science illiterate

Science is a framework, not a type of literature.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_literacy

The spiral of stupidity continues.

>architecture major

my time to shine has come

Might as well talk about hair, dirt, or linoleum literacy. It just doesn't make sense.

Uh huh

>Might as well talk about hair, dirt, or linoleum literacy
Well, no, those fall under science so that's still science literacy.

>Might as well talb about dirt literacy
We call that Geology.

I'm guessing you're not a native English speaker?

Are you implying that my non-native English speaking status helps me spot crimes against language?

No, your limited understanding of English makes you completely misunderstand what is and isn't a "crime against language" and causes you to make a complete fool of yourself on the Internet.

>all those incredibly cramped rooms that could barely fit a one-man adventuring party, let alone a full group of 4-6
0/10 wouldn't delve

Land value is super expensive, user-san

>tfw you have enough dungeon forge and mini's to create something like this but couldn't be fucked
Theatre of the mind ftw. Should probably sell off this shit.

Especially subterranean land. God dammed Gnomes.

Or ag sciences. Different specialties, really.

Yeah, our GM has some of those. He also has Cats. Turns out that Dwarven Forge terrain is a cat magnet. We couldn't set up a board without one (or more) cats jumping up on the table, sauntering over to the square, box-like room, and planting their butt in it.

I took a photo of three cats in a dungeon once, but that was on my old phone and the pictures never transferred.

>gnomes
You don't know the horror that is to have a drow landlady

I want this so badly

Then don't use LEDs you autist. You could use incandescent lights to achieve a lower level of lighting if that's what you want you know.

Just use tiny candles.

What could possibly go wrong?

this shit always sucked I thought it wasy toy and lame. dnd isn't about playing with toys Warhammer is.

Could someone here who speaks retard translate this post, please?

Doesn't this just spoil the entire dungeon for players? What's the point?

Some people have stunted or atrophied imaginations.

Think of it as a crutch, useful for those with a disability.

i believe the text in the OP was a thing the earth-humans call a "joke" anonymous

>this is not my preferred kind of playing pretend games so it's automatically bad forever

This shitty opinion has been here since 2008. It's time to stop.

Wait...Is the inn right next to the dungeon?

What about using a spot you can open and close the aperture of to focus the light on a single room.
the bright spot where their characters are will cause everything to look darker as their pupils contract.

>gluing the ceilings for added realism
What are you saying here, exactly? Are you gluing ceilings in place over your minis, rendering the entire set up unusable and that's the joke? If not, what?

You install the rooms as you go. Start off with one room (starting area) and as players move into the neat area, you place it one the table.

>against "science literacy"
>but "language crimes" is okay

I wasn't aware we were speaking with a linguistic criminologist.

Logically the best place for an inn that caters to adventurers.

Players find a poorly etched map hidden under some old gobbo rags in a corner in the first room.
Place monsters and traps as the rooms are discovered.

Or...

This.

He begs for the sweet release of death. That is all I could translate.

You have to meet somewhere don't you?

dwarven force looks good but it isn't great in terms of playability. 2.5 stuff with lightweigh pieces tiles that can be built and re-arranged as you go work better imo

The Depths of Durangrar

I'm actually making something like that for me and my roommates' tabletop.

I've posted on the board in the WIP making the Dwarf Town.

Basically the idea is that I'm making an entire Dwarf Town and we Can have a legitimate Night fight (underground battle) on the tabletop and still see clearly. I've just gone over board and made a 6x8 Diorama of a Mountain home effectively at this point.

Inside the "clan hall" Wires have since been adjusted to not show.

Last bit with working lighting inside thus far built.

This is a tavern and only the fireplace is setup inside, going to add about three more hanging next.

Got three more to finish, then add the lighting afterwords.

I can't be certain, I'm too educated, but I think that what he's saying is "Dungeon crawl with maps is stupid, and using terrain for ambience and interest is like playing with toys". I really hope that that's not what he's saying, because if it is, I'm pretty sure that I'm stupider now.

Dude, that is seriously impressive. A lot of work's gone into that. I commend your attention to detail and perseverance.

>doesn't show the complete thing
Worthless

That's some sweet miniature shelving.

Just don't put the fucking miniatures down until they go in that room, it's not hard

open-topped dungeon terrain from a cat's perspective is just a bunch of boxes to sit in. He should've seen that coming.

But then they might know how many corners the rooms have or what color the stones are or be secretly counting the squares or some other vast and powerful secret that mere players aren't supposed to go.

We'd better derail every group with hours-long argument of what constitutes meta-gaming and how to respond to it, instead. Who cares if the group blows up, that's just more time to spend on building miniatures and hoping the next bunch of players learns to gaze approvingly on them without looking too close.

To be honest, I agree that it's a bit retarded.

If you just love building terrain and painting minis, awesome, and if you want to get some use out of them, sure, why not.

But if you're doing it just for dungeoncrawl role-plays, that's messed up. All that time and effort for a combat on rails that the players are expected to beat.

I'd choose some board game like arcadia quest over that every single time.

From a role-playing standpoint it's just... I look at that table and I can already hear myself say "can you faggots stop it with the dialogue we have 5 other rooms to clear and I can't leave all this shit on the table until next week".

>he doesn't have a specific room for TTG purposes
how does it feel to be a fucking pleb?

Cover the unexplored with a cloth

Some people can leave things out because they don't play in mom's kitchen.

That's what happens when you don't properly store your cat before the game.

That cat looks properly stored to me at least. I think the cat would agree.

Your dedication pleases the dice gods.