Has gender change ever been used not awfully in a roleplaying game...

Has gender change ever been used not awfully in a roleplaying game? Is there any justification for it to exist other than magical realming shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/article/woman-takes-short-half-hour-break-from-being-femin-35026
youtube.com/watch?v=hT8h4UmuN1Q
nature.com/nature/journal/v378/n6552/abs/378068a0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It makes for a good 'baby's first cursed item' for new-ish players. No actual mechanical impact that puts them at a disadvantage, and forces them out of their comfort zone for a while because it demands recognition and response from an RP perspective.

It also teaches a valuable lesson to new players that sometimes things will happen to your character that they won't be happy with, but they have to deal with it anyway. If your group can't handle that, then you basically can't use even temporary mind control or all sorts of other effects or abilities or situations that without triggering the 'muh character' response.

People can and do use gender change for magical realm reasons, but that's not my problem.

>Has gender change ever been used [...] in a roleplaying game?

To a first approximation, no. Statistically speaking, gender change approximately never comes up in an actual role-playing session, and when it does it's for a joke. Actual serious plot use or magical realming occurs so rarely it's not worth having general opinions or emotions about; it's like getting opinionated about the national epidemic of being struck by lightning.

Also, it's a good "harmless" curse. Inconvenient, less silly and more impactful than getting purple skin or whatever, but not crippling or painful. If you don't have a TG fetish, it's basically effortless to make it not fetishy.

>mfw my DM gives me a secretly cursed genderswap item
>mfw everyone thinks it's hilarious
>mfw the other PCs hit on my character
>mfw they call me a pretty girl
>mfw the players laugh their asses off OOC
mfw this gives me a raging hard-on

I never asked for this.

>Has gender change ever been used not awfully in a roleplaying game?
All the fucking time, whether you mean switching the genders of a character or creating a world of reversed gender roles does not matter.

>Is there any justification for it to exist other than magical realming shit?
theonion.com/article/woman-takes-short-half-hour-break-from-being-femin-35026
Try this, I've heard it works wonders for your daily allotted intake of fun.

Personally I like it when a woman saves a man, not to prove any kind of "GRRRL POWAR" bullshit, but just because she loves him. Imagine that, a woman caring for a man.

>Imagine that, a woman caring for a man.
Far-out Immersion-breaking magical realm bullshit of the nth degree.

Good memeing, my lads. Good memeing.

It's gone well in ERP games where magical realming is the whole goal.

You never asked to be sitting under the table servicing them one after the other?

But... That's so wrong! What is WRONG with you?

The system has a class that lets you shapeshift into people and gain their skills/class powers. So I get asked to spend a chunk of downtime shapeshifted into the GM's qt GF

You don't choose the magical realm, the magical realm chooses you.

Man.
Remember that legendary potion hidden somewhere in the ruling castle of the lands in Fable 2?
The one created by the ancient Grandmaster aeons ago, and he was never seen again?
The one now guarded by an ancient old woman?

Good times.

b-but -4 str

No, because Fable 2 never got a PC port.

>Far-out Immersion-breaking magical realm bullshit of the nth degree.
That's why we say she's really a guy who's been genderswapped. To make it believable.

bromance is really the only universal truth

How would you GM a TG magical realm game?

Are you the prince (female) shitposter?

Please be more specific.

To remove the "Wrong Gender" modifier for disguise checks.

>not describing your character as totally ambiguous ahead of time so the DM can't justify giving you a penalty either way
inb4 he gives you a penalty both ways

>The bard fails his disguise check due to the "wrong gender" modifier
>He then rolls diplomacy to convince the guards that gender is a social construct, negating the aforementioned modifier

Get on my level scrub

You mean Bluff.

>playing a Flapper-Rogue in an Eldritch-Americana game
>sort of a cross between Call of Cthulhu and OSR
>drink from a magic fountain in an abandoned, monster infested hospital-dungeon
>nothing appears to happen
>GM private messages me
>my character has a vagina now
>I'd been playing a transvestite the whole time without telling the group
>not anymore

>You can't help but to imagine a Babycakes song of this encounter.

Why did you leave us, Brad?
youtube.com/watch?v=hT8h4UmuN1Q

Tiresias.

That's it.

That's the one time it wasn't awful magical realm.

All subsequent times, it has been.

Gender change has never been used not awfully in anything. The entire concept was invented by John Money, a mad scientist from decades ago who tortured two twin brothers, one of whom he mutilated and exposed to female hormones so that he could photograph them performing mock-sex acts and other weird shit. Both later committed suicide. Money was never punished for torturing two children until they killed themselves.

There is not a single shred of evidence that "gender" actually exists, and every time you use the word, you're using the pseudoscientific justification a mad scientist pedophile used to get away with torturing kids and taking pictures of them naked.

>Has gender change ever been used not awfully in a roleplaying game?
Absolutely. People are just more likely to talk about the times it's used horribly, which is why if you base your opinions off of Veeky Forums 99% of tabletop sessions are shit run by shit people.

Is there any justification for it to exist other than magical realming shit?
Like others have said, it's a good low-stakes curse. It can also be used to characterize the type of person who made the cursed item, be it a BBEG who likes to humiliate his opponents instead of killing them or a wizard who uses a lot of polymorphing magic.

Can I buy drugs from you?

You are a very pretty girl, user

>John Money
huh, actually turns up on google search.

You make strange fruit

>a greek myth
>not magical realm

It was a short sequence of fucking around once you owned the castle.

This is like a fap story but true, which makes it less hot.

That's the thing, though. Their whole society was magical realm.

When everything is magical realm...

Nothing is.

>less hot
For you, maybe.

Then that applies to today's society too.

why did the guy agree to be in a tg comic if he didn't want to fuck

How on earth do you find it hot?

Gore/Mind Break/Vivisection fetishes.

I only like Incest and Humiliation.

gb2flist

What's a good site for ERP?
legit question

You have implied that magical realming is awful.

It is not.

Good bait post tho I'm sure you will get lots of (You).

Oh... Maybe he wanted to, like, DO Veeky Forums THINGS LIKE ROLING DICE, KILLING DRAGONS, LOOTING WHAT ISN'T NAILED DOWN, SHOUTING "STEEHL REHN" FROM A METAL BOX

F-List has lots of folks from Veeky Forums on it. You can use tag search to find partners and a custom Veeky Forums tag to find other ca/tg/irls.

Got a guy who is planning on playing a legit trap cleric that wants to be a real chick.

I also think trapcleric has a thing for my character.

It's honestly creeping me out.

Ah yeah, I did see a group like that around. I stayed for some minutes, but I mostly saw people bitching about Fate and memes. I dunno if that's all to see in that group

Don't bother with groups, just use character search to find people.

Link profile?

Sounds magical realm. If I did it, it would be magical realm.

Roleplay it just like it's a chick character hitting on yours.

There has to be at least one piece of fiction:

A. By a female author,
B. That stars at least one female and one male character,
C. Where the female rescues the male, because she likes him.

>Man A gets turned into a Woman
>He decides that his goal is now to crusade around the landscape, saving villages and kingdoms, rescuing his old battle buddy from a dragon, and going on crusades together with him

>Man B gets turned into a woman
>Man B just wants to have 500 different penises inside him every night, caring nothing for bringing steel and light to beasts and infidels

What makes Man A and Man B so different?

I'm going to pick the low hanging fruit and say 'the contents of their vaginas.'

Is there a n00b guide to f-list?

I want to get started with the niche masturbation.

What partner(s) are currently "in demand" on f-list?
I won't do futa, and I'd prefer not to do animals, but other than that I suppose I don't really care.

>What makes Man A and Man B so different?
I'd only be able to identify with the one well enough to roleplay as her.

You weren't missing much.

For all the freedom bullshit the game spouted, if you didn't max Strength/Sword you plain died. I would've liked it so guns or magic could have equal chances of beating the game, but no.

Also the final encounter was fucking stupid. I felt as if I was robbed after it.

The fun part is when you turn Man B into a dragon. He sets up his hidden lair right in the middle of the largest city on the planet, and constantly says "Oh no brave townspeople please do not adventure into my lair to plunder my treasures :3".

You know what else is fucking stupid?

Mousing over this spoiler text expecting a helpful reply.

>What partner(s) are currently "in demand" on f-list?
Doms and non-futas.

God yes, I am MAXIMUM Dom. I especially love abusive emotional domination that takes place over a long-term period, mixing a lot of pain with a bit of pleasure to condition and groom my partner to suit my whims.

Is it mostly F/m (I assume), M/f, or F/f?

>There is not a single shred of evidence that "gender" actually exists
That's what John Money was trying to prove, dude. He believed that gender was entirely societal and that by raising a boy as a girl he'd prove it. David Reimer wound up identifying as a boy despite his parents' and Money's best efforts.

Yes I want to see your profile.

>Is it mostly F/m (I assume), M/f, or F/f?
I don't know which of those has the most, but for F/m and M/f it's doms who are in demand.

Of course sex is innate.

>but then why are people trans

Structural or hormonal abnormalities. Often compounded by other personality issues. Has anyone tried treating trannies with testosterone (if they are M wanting to go F) or estrogen (if they are F wanting to go M)?
I wanna see if it works or if it doesn't work at all.

It's like none of you have written a Drow storyline where you're enslaved by a conquering priest queen who is actually a male cursed to be a female and is now amassing an army to kill "her" sisters and take thier positions and wealth before.

Or a story where it's a backup plan to save a princess from being forced into an arranged marriage to prevent a kingdom from being joined with another.

Or a story where a characer is now abandoned by thier gods because thier vow was reliant on gender (vestal virgin, monk in a secret brotherhood) who must pick up the pieces and struggle without the powers they use to have.

I think near the end of that animated Wonder Woman movie.

Don't have a profile. Still looking for a n00b's guide to f-list.

When you get one.

The closest things to a noob's guide is probably /erp/, or /erpg/ threads

>Has anyone tried treating trannies with testosterone (if they are M wanting to go F) or estrogen (if they are F wanting to go M)?
>I wanna see if it works or if it doesn't work at all.
They've tried it. It doesn't work.

They've found, however, that MtF brains more closely resemble cis female brains than cis male brains and vice-versa for FtMs (although there are fewer studied FtMs) in multiple double-blind post-mortem excision studies, including in trans people that did not receive hormone treatment and cis people that did (for reasons like prostate cancer).

Found one.

I already know how to ERP damnit, but f-list's site architecture is ... strange.

Those places use F-List a lot, so they will be able to tell you how to do anything if you get stuck.

Yes, the site is awkward. But explore the dropdown menus and you'll find the options you need to start figuring it out. At least, I did.

Remember that your account is different from character profiles. Nobody else sees your account, just your profiles. PMs are called Notes.

I haven't used F-list in years but unless it's changed significantly since last I did, your best bet is to
>go bare-bones at first, just typing up your character's bio without any fancy formatting and then going through the redonkulous list of kinks and checking the right boxes on the relevant ones
>as you learn more about fancy formatting, go back and edit to make it more streamlined

But that's just me, and I don't half-ass my masturbatory fantasies.

Hang on. i'm reading f-list's TOS, and

>As such, the moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate.
>As a general guideline for how to behave in public: Don't be a jerk. Don't troll, don't intentionally cause trouble ... don't harass people.
> It is not okay to harass or insult someone else, even if it is a joke or previous incident
>if someone is offended and is ignored when they ask for the behavior to stop, then this rule may be applied.
(Not allowed to)
>Intentionally insulting/disrespecting other people, or groups of people, in any form
>Continually starting/participating in arguments
>Failure to abide by direct instructions by an administrator, moderator, staff, or employee
>Setting a moderator to ignore
>Posting, commenting, or linking to a website that focuses on national, religious, racial, or political hatred
> Caustic/out-of-character discussion of any political party or individual
>Malicious references, comments, or imagery to hateful topics
>Public speaking of hateful or derogatory content
>Causing disruptions in chat rooms, such as picking fights, making repeated off-topic comments, and/or insulting other people
>Discussing controversial topics/ideologies in channels that are not designed to hold that sort of discussion

This does not seem to be a site that I would enjoy using.

Yes, TOS's a often terrible and that one looks exceptionally bad. But your messages with another user won't be looked at by the mods unless your partner reports you. So basically just don't badmouth Hillary in public channels and you'll probably get away with it.

I do notice a crapton of Anti-SJW stuff in it as well, so at least it's not onesided.

>They've found, however, that MtF brains more closely resemble cis female brains than cis male brains and vice-versa
I think they've also found similar results when comparing straight and gay brains between genders.

In a game I ran a long time ago, a belt (maybe a girdle?) of gender change was identified successfully and kept around by the party essentially as an emergency disguise kit.

Not the most interesting aspect of the campaign, but I'd say it was a good way to make use of the cursed item.

What's the anti-SJW stuff? Those quotes the CoC, not the TOS, but I didn't see anti-SJW stuff in either. I think the do everything the staff say rule is especially bad.

The studies, IIRC, state that actually Trans people basically have the brains of the gender they identify with instead of those of the body they genetically are thanks to misfiring hormones in-utero.

he's making a show for adult swim now isn't he?

iirc there's large minorities of cis men who have "cis female brains" and vice versa. So while there are two broad brain structures, they only roughly correlate with cis males and females. Something like 20-30%/80-70%.

So to imply that one particular group of biological males (mtfs) uniquely have this female trait, when they are a tiny fraction of the males who so, is disingenuous.

>Whatever happens in-character, treat people out-of-character with respect.
>Repeatedly submitting invalid, incorrect, or unnecessary requests
>Reverse ignore evasion (ignoring a character, then sending them messages to which they can't respond)
>attempting to enforce the rules yourself or threatening someone with reporting if they don't change/do what you want is not acceptable.
>Indicating personal influence over staff decisions
>Do not confront people publicly over insults or harassment; that could get you in trouble yourself for escalating the resulting argument
>Likewise, announcing that you are ignoring someone in chat is malicious, and will result in action against you.
>Intentionally insulting/disrespecting other people, or groups of people, in any form
>Publicly announcing ignores or reports about another user
>Publicly complaining about site rules, a moderator, or moderator actions
>Posting, linking, or otherwise providing access to photographs that do not adhere to the quality seen in professional photographs
>A
>Whole
>Shit
>Ton
>Of
>Do not Dox
>rules
>Spamming a user with notes or private messages
>Some people believe it is acceptable to be rude to a group of people ... we do not tolerate that behaviour
(For private rooms)
> Examples of what we don't handle: Things that break the channel's own personal rules.
>Making a threat or attempts at blackmail, as a general rule, is never acceptable on F-List.
>Stating actions of suicide, self-harm/mutilation, depression-induced pain, or other malicious acts of self while out-of-character
>Blackmailing (demanding any kind of compensation, benefit, or advantage in exchange for any stated requirement)
>Threatening to cause any type of damage to any persons, company, or property via any forum or medium
>Stating, or alluding to, active campaign efforts against any persons, company, or property via any forum or medium

>iirc there's large minorities of cis men who have "cis female brains" and vice versa
Interesting if true, do you have source?

I wonder about this. While it's true that humans are different, our brains are remarkably adaptive, and the amount of people pretending to be women online show that the average human has no internal trouble pretending to be the opposite sex.

On the other hand, (((John Money)))'s experiments, and the brain differences in GID people, imply that there's some hardcoding in there as well.

A study is, by definition, incapable of establishing cause or effect. In-utero androgen exposure is one of the leading theories for why transgender brains develop the way they do, but it's inconclusive and certainly couldn't be drawn from examining their brains once they're dead.

You're not QUITE r-ing c. There are a couple different areas in the brain that vary by gender; one of those (I forget which) was found to have a broader standard deviation in structure and tended to be more masculine in lesbians but not noticeably more feminine in gay men. The stria terminalis, however, has a much stronger correlation based on gender and a much larger natural dimorphism (it's three times larger in men than in women). The studies to which I'm referring studied the stria terminalis.

Interestingly, in MtFs who were attracted primarily to men, the stria terminalis was standard cis female size while in transbians it was just under halfway between cis female and cis male sizes.

I might be hazy on a couple details, but this is a subject I've had to look up many times.

>>Whatever happens in-character, treat people out-of-character with respect.
That's very SJW. Someone can be a complete asshole and you're not allowed to hurt their feelings by admitting it.

>>Intentionally insulting/disrespecting other people, or groups of people, in any form
Same but for the entire world, not just users.

>>Publicly complaining about site rules, a moderator, or moderator actions
No ability for users to communicate abuses of power to each other. Just imagine if this stuff was in a nation's constitution: "criticism of the state is prohibited."

>>Stating, or alluding to, active campaign efforts against any persons, company, or property via any forum or medium
No Vivian James profiles then.

>No ability for users to communicate abuses of power to each other. Just imagine if this stuff was in a nation's constitution: "criticism of the state is prohibited."

Veeky Forums has this clause you know.

It was a study posted on /cd/. But take a look at the ones you were referring too and see if they mention it. To talk about "cis female brains" they must define what they mean by that, and you'll see if their definition also covers a quarter of cis male brains and excludes a quarter of cis female brains.

That's kind of bullshit.

It just means there are two types of brain structures and one is more common in males and the other is more common in females.
It doesn't mean having the one more common in the other sex means you're actually that sex.
Just like a guy having tits doesn't make him "actually a girl".

We really need to put a lot more effort into studying how trans-brains work, but I'm terrified that the Die-Cis-Scum members of thr LGBT community will keep it from happening.

I am very well aware. I think it speaks a lot about the way the staff of Veeky Forums and F-List see their relationship with their users.

/cd/ on 7ch right?

>It just means there are two types of brain structures and one is more common in males and the other is more common in females.
Exactly. Although iirc mtfs were usually in the male minority/female majority brain type. I don't remember if it was the same for ftms or even if that data existed.

No. But ask there and they might know it anyway.

That depends on whether the Bard thinks he's lying or not.

nature.com/nature/journal/v378/n6552/abs/378068a0.html

The study's been replicated a couple times, but I can't access those articles readily.

Also apparently it does claim to be evidence for the in-utero hormone hypothesis.

Which would be a bummer, because science is what gives you the power to lord over people who just say "my gut feeling says this is wrong!"

But hey, even if the neurology's not in yet, at least the psychology is. And there's clearly enough evidence for both the AMA and the APA.

Veeky Forums

>On the other hand, (((John Money)))'s experiments
Experiment, singular.

And it hasn't proven anything of the sort. Science doesn't mean if something doesn't happen one time it can't ever happen.

>and the brain differences in GID people,
Except brain differences are caused by things other than "hardcoding".

Like?

>dump Int
>max Diplomacy
>every Diplomacy boosting item, feat and effect
>convince people of everything I make up on the spot with Diplomacy because I'm so stupid I really believe it

They'll let the science happen but only if "this supports in-utero" is slapped on the blurb when it gets published.

>Also apparently it does claim to be evidence for the in-utero hormone hypothesis.

>And there's clearly enough evidence for both the AMA and the APA.
Except those are political bodies which add and remove things based on the public mood.