Paladin stories

>Go to put shopping cart in the shopping cart corral at the super market
>See another shopping cart not corralled on the way
>Grab it and place it in the shopping cart area with mine
>MFW

>See a wadded up piece of paper on the ground next to a trash can
>Place it in the trash can

I CAN FEEL THE HOLY LIGHT OF JUSTICE OVERTAKING ME!

>Find a spider in my home
>Gently capture it and take it outside
>Set it free

That is how I became a druid.

>look in mirror
>See the evil corrupting power of plaque on my teeth
>Smite evil using floss to capture the microbial threat, brush , and cleanse with the holy fluid known as mouth wash.

I can really see myself being a dental Paladin for a living, though I would probably have to gain a partial .proficiency in medicine

I came,
I saw,
I fell

>at deli
>some cunt at counter weighs my items wrong and which will overcharge me for them
>go to eating area and eat most of it, throwing away the rest
>pay for other items and am walking out
>stopped by qt paladin greeter at exit
>"did you pay for that?"
>roll for deception, "pay for what?"
>failed, "the food you just ate from the deli"
>she calls over her corrupt barbarian manager on my alleged theft
>roll deception paired with intimidation one more time, "sir, I paid on #11 over there and I can't believe I'm being called a thief when I have already clearly shown you my receipt."
>"I'm sorry for the inconvenience sir, have a nice day."
>qt Paladins eyes are filled with disbelief but before she could initiate combat is told to "come to my office"
>walked out with free meal and hopefully a broken paladin

Who Oathbreaker here?

neck yourself

>walking through park
>see little guy with broken bike, chain is off
>put chain back on
>little man happily rides off

Invitation for job interview as enginseer came in mail 2 days later

>see kid crying alone in middle of aisle
>want to help but people are extremely paranoid about anyone going near a kid these days
>keep getting my things in the lane
>(please someone else help the kid...)
>look around one more time but no one does anything
>paladin mode
> walk to kid, but keep safe distance, and ask what's wrong
>says she lost her mom
>tell her to walk to the front and tell the office t-
>"STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER" gets yelled at me as some hysterical woman comes down the aisle
>security comes and I have to explain myself for twenty minutes how I was trying to help her

>at different store at check-out
>old man in front of me forgot his wallet and walks off
>notice and grab his wallet
>walk his way and about to call out to him until everyone here's
>"THIEF!"
>everyone looks in our direction, even old man
>sees me with his wallet and grabs it
>have to explain myself, again, to a different security team how I was just going to give it back in the first place

I can give even more examples, but while I can do thankless things like putting up others' carts, picking up litter in my morning runs, or things of that nature its hard to give a shit about actual people when they show nothing but contempt for you.

I've been on both sides of the spectrum and Oathbreaker is the only way to go.

>Walking into supermarket to buy groceries
>See woman struggling to load cases of water into her car
>Ask her if she'd like assistance
>Hoist the water for her
>She thanks me profusely
>Go home
>Open my copy of Book of Exalted Deeds
>mfw it doesn't mention me

>notice and grab his wallet
Tbqh I wouldn't have touched it, just called after him and maybe try to catch up if he didn't immediately notice, but left the wallet untouched

>The spider is a symbol of Lolth
>The paladin Falls

Totally making a dentist cleric for the next game

>Roommate left his laundry out on the line
>It's about to start raining a little
>Hurry to bring it all in
>Endure the wrath of nature as mild sprinkles coat the back of my shirt while I bring in the last of it
>AND I FOLDED IT FOR HIM TOO

I can feel the flame of my inner light kindling with righteous fervor

You shouldn't do good deeds for the sake of rewards, user.

>Work as a Combat-Medic/Militarypolice carrying a SAW/MG249
>Modern day Paladin
It's like I've leveled up from POG/driver.

You will always be a water dog to me

>work all day alone with attractive woman who's flirting with me
>don't make unwelcome advances or rape her

THE HOLY LIGHT OF FANTASY JESUS FILLS MY SOUL WITH WARMTH

>Toad is on my front porch
>Gobbling up bugs
>Cat is now on front porch (not mine, as a Lawful person, I own a dog, just like Hitler)
>Cat attacks the toad
>Chase cat away from toad brother with broom
>Broom shines with radiant light, toad gets visible larger and its muscles are more defined
>A mighty croak of justice emanates from the toad
>Mighty defenders of the realm of the Front Porch be we, brothers bonded by battle, Sir Hops dispense justice upon the servants of Lolth while I keep the greater evils at bay.

Non-murican here, what's the point of a medic carrying an LMG?

I come walking down the street and out of the corner of my eye I see this poor old begger looking away.

A scumbag walks past him and kicks the beggers mug a few feet down the street.

I stop what I'm doing, grab the scattered coins and the mug and give them back to the guy, then hands him half my lunch and wish him a good day.

tfw in my country we weight things ourselves
tfw theft is so rare corporations would lose money if they hired somebody to do it for us

Because he can shoot stuff with it?

You have a point, people are rarely grateful. Most are neutral leaning evil.

But you don't do good deeds because they're easy. You do them because it's right.

I mean why doesn't he carry a regular rifle/carbine.

There is no benefit in doing the right thing.

It is a terrible concept and is a social ill.

Humanitarian aid causes more people to be alive that should be dead and are therefore a drain on resources while they contribute nothing for example.

Charity, allowing the severely disabled to live, and women's rights are all examples of things that are detrimental to society and humans on the whole.

Medics are support, they ride in tanks and shit or hand the weapons to other people to use instead of fighting most of the time. This allows people who are walking and will be fighting to be more refreshed for the actual combat while the medic does their healing.

Although having the medic snap and go full on murder mode has shown itself to be historically a bad idea for the enemy.

How do you define a paladin Veeky Forums?

>Because we're hilariously under-staffed, and we have a spare LMG?
>Or: More dakka.
Choose 1.

Someone who has a few rules, and will do their best to stick with them. Sticking to those rules can produce amazing results. But bending or breaking the rules must be met with caution, as it is not how a paladin handles themselves.

Paladin's swear to an oath to follow those rules, and will almost always do so unless in extreme cases.

Did you happen to not notice the word "combat" in the word "combat-medic"? I can tell you that I sure as hell aint riding around being comfy in a tank.

Guess that makes sense, although if the medic needs to help someone with their guts out, the force is down one LMG, unless someone else takes it.

>Buy Happy Meal for my son
>2 toys inside
>Return extra toy to cashier
>She insists I keep it
>Give extra toy to some urchin and his podunk mother, who should be spending her money on something other than fast food
>Leave knowing that child will have the time of his life, until he forgets the toy on the table, and his mother is "too busy" to go back for it

What if I told you that combat-medics only assists his buddies after the area is safe to act in? The area is safe to act in either when:
A) We're in cover, support arrived and overtook responsibilty for the fight
Or
B) We shoot the enemy real dead
Either way, the SAW can act to it's full potential, and the medic acts as a regular gunner up until that point.
It was a very expensive lesson to learn that Medics DO NOT ACT until the area is clear. Lots of people died for that lesson, and nowadays they teach us from that experience.

Alright, sounds like a good doctrine. I'm not really that familiar with how the medics act, especially not american ones.

This thread has attracted the holies/tg/entlemen around, I'm sure, so rather than make a new thread, I'm just going to ask-

What are 5 rules that a Lawful Good Paladin of Avandra could follow that would be interesting? (By Lawful Good, I don't mean smite all wrong-doers, just that he acts selflessly with a code).

So far, all I can particularly think of is 'Never begrudge the warmth of a campfire and invigoration of your ale to a fellow traveler', or something to that tune.

Not American dou. Swedish.

Oh, didn't know you use M249.

Lots of countries build off the FN MINIMI. The US and Sweden are just two of 'em.

Avandra feels more chaotic, with the focus of change, luck, and freedom, but go with what you want m8.

"Free as a Bird" - Cherish your freedom, and never take it from another.

That doesn't explain why combat medics carry around the heaviest gun, dont they need to carry meds and stuff?
Although I guess LMG is good for sitting "safely" in the back and giving covering fire.

Yeah, I get that and a true representative of a God would identify that putting static laws to the being of change is odd.

But my Paladin has seen the light of Avandra after years of feeling the absence of Kord, so whilst he's a convert, he still covets a strict code he once adhered to.

That's a cool creed though, something like Mass Effect 2's Samara, where she permitted the police to detain her for only one day, while she was processed, and if they insisted upon more time in custody, she'd take hostile action.

So is it in my.
Which country are you from?

Yeah but be careful with strict rules like that cause it can just get to 20 pages long and people will call you a faggot.

I agree with the lawful stay though that makes better sense.

"Lady Luck" - Luck is a fickle thing, it may be with you, or with another. Expect the unexpected for the unlucky moments, and cherish the lucky moments.

Not really a creed more of a saying, but at least it's something.

You have to be 18 to post here, bud

>Be me
>Be finished with high school
>Part of the Police Explorers in a nearby town
>Took law enforcement classes
> Going to be studying cyber security and criminal justice in college

Am I on the path of a Paladin?

A cyber-paladin.

I like that one too, but I'd tune it to be something such as 'Never take anger in the loss on a gamble and never permit others to take anger in chance itself'

You lost at poker? Don't yell at the dealer- you played with luck and luck bit back.

Yup that's it, also best alien-space paladin.

'Fair Trade'- Never permit a crooked merchant and never knowingly up-sell your wares.
Does that sound right? Never try to haggle if you know your stuff's not worth it and tell off some stall-monkey trying to Jew gold out of an unassuming buyer?

That's good but up selling your wares is a pretty open saying, is an extra gold upselling? I think it would be best is don't rip people off.

If you know a weapon is worth a gold coin, then tell the merchant your selling/pawning it to that it's worth one gold piece and that's what you'll take for it.

The Quads of fair pricing and noble paladins have spoken.

>Be me, carrying stack of books down flight of stairs, can't see where I'm going
>Somebody put pieces of loose paper on the stairs in front of me, don't see it
>Step on paper, it slides out from under me
>Fall

Oh wow, a fellow former Explorer. Hey m8, you're on the path.

Over armored is over armored.

>Do you hate mobility and dexterity?

Basically just a cleric who focuses more on his martial combat skills than his ability to channel the divine

Speaking of, where is the "cleric loses faith/falls" meme?