Thoughts on a Buffy style campaign for one or two players?

Thoughts on a Buffy style campaign for one or two players?

What system would you use?

Maid RPG

F.A.T.A.L.

Goddamnit guys

WoD comes to mind thematically, but I don't actually know anything aside from the basics about the system

I suppose there's also Monster Hearts, but I know significantly less about it aside from it being about highschool vampires and shit

>WoD
Oh right, there´s a book about hunters. I always forget about that. I´m going to take a look at it. Probably needs some tinkering, but it might be a good base.

Didn´t know the other one either. doesn´t really fit if the players are supposed to be vampires instead of hunting them, I guess.

Monster of the week is pretty much built for this kinda shit.

There's a Buffy RPG already. Dunno how good it is though.

There is literally a "Play as Buffy and her college monster hunter friends" faction in NWoD Hunter

Basically this. There is a d6 system already. Someone adapted it for the Evil Dead. Worked alright.

Doesn't monsterhearts work like this?

Monsterhearts is 100% the game to use if you want to emulate the style of a Buffy script.

The official Buffy RPG is just a cash-in for Unisystem (the All Flesh Must Be Eaten system).

Savage Worlds for pulpy action.

Do you want the melodrama with violent background, or the action horror with drama background?

That's the basic decision.

I used gurps

The game nearly became hellboy 2.0 due to in game fustian pacts though.

The cinematic unisystem Buffy game does a great job. It's out of print so pirating is basically your only option.

Go with Monster of the Week for early monster-stabby Buffy, or Monsterhearts for the later, more teen-dating-with-monsters drama Buffy.

Buffy uses Cinematic Unisystem which is simplified and faster.

AFMBE uses Classic Unisystem which is a lot crunchier.

Action first, drama second or even third.

Wow, that's a scathing indictment of later seasons of Buffy.

Please kill yourself for seriously recommending Monster Hearts as a fun game to play though. Unless you plan on going full Magical Realm, it's more of a neat idea for a game system than an actually fun one.

Buffy RPG is solid, as a lot of people have said. There's also an Angel RPG, which isn't as complete since it never got more books than its core, but has rules for characters that start out more skilled than the Buffy rules. The two are pretty easy to combine.

>Please kill yourself for seriously recommending Monster Hearts as a fun game to play though.

No. Monster Hearts is a great system that emulates teen monster romance/drama beautifully.

I don't think she would be so much a campaign as say 5 drinks and some hopes of getting her career off the ground again.
Probably go it alone but if you have to have that second player i recommend the spitroast maneuver

Savage Worlds has a horror companion with a Buffy-ish flavor.

The sisters?
Not really, they're just straight up a sorority.

>a Buffy style campaign for one
It's called having sex.

Buffy/Angel based on Cinematic Unisystem works well. They also put a lot of fluff in there. Angel has more refined crunch, Buffy has magic.

Other than that there's Must Be Tuesday and Monster of the Week. I'd just hack FAE.

>Monsterhearts is 100% the game to use if you want to emulate the style of a Buffy script.
This is a severe misinterpretation of the show. If you try to play it like this it will just become a Penthouse Letter.

>The official Buffy RPG is just a cash-in for Unisystem
Confirmed for never read it.

I'm just testing this, trying to figure out links, sorry for clogging thread

Instead of the Buffy System use the Angel System, its strictly better.

>a Penthouse Letter.

Either you've never played Monsterhearts, or you were playing with a table of That Guys. Considering Veeky Forums doesn't play games, just meme about them, I'm guessing the former.

Savage Worlds w Horror Companion seconded but there's also a fantastic SW setting called East Texas University which is basically college-horror exactly in the line of Buffy etc.

>Season 1
Monster of the week

>Season 2
High school love and death

>Season 3
High school badasses

>Season 4
College, commandos, coming of age

>Season 5
Let's kill a god

>Season 6
Introspection, responsibility, crisis

>Season 7
Once more with ultimate stakes

There is no one game for all those. You will have to compromise.