Does anyone have the rules to that rolled GoT house generation? You see people make threads occasionally about it

Does anyone have the rules to that rolled GoT house generation? You see people make threads occasionally about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/SIFRP
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can't go wrong with the Eyrie

It does all the stuff like kingdom randomly via dice rolls.

So does the Eyrie. Just pick the Eyrie.

A Song of Ice and Fire RPG by Green Ronin
mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/SIFRP

So I'm going on a limb and Eryie shit posting is just by one user?

Let's roll.

3d6 faggots

Pick the Eyrie already faggot

First table.

Rolled 1, 4, 4 = 9 (3d6)

Rolling

>The Riverlands
>Liege: Hoster Tully, Lord of Riverrun
>This area was originally held by the Riverlords of old, defeated long ago during the Andal invasion and later by the ironmen. A fertile realm, the riverlands form the heartlands of Westeros, from the edge of the Red Trident to the Mountains of the Moon, from the swamps of the Neck to the shores of the Gods Eye. Rolling farmlands, the waters of the Trident, and numerous other creeks and streams characterize this region. Verdant lands with countless streams and rivers, the riverlands enjoy an abundant population, and houses here have slightly larger holdings. However, the lay of the land makes defense difficult.

Can't recall a good Riverlands house that we've made. Oh well, time for the next part.

We'll need 7 rolls of 7d6 to get our starting resources. So please roll 7d6 until we've got those all filled up. Then I'll apply the Riverlands modifiers, as seen in the image.

mountains of the moon sounds a lot like the eyrie. i'd go with that one

Rolled 1, 4, 6, 5, 1, 5, 2 = 24 (7d6)

There was one, House Gauthier that didn't last more than a thread.

Rolled 1, 1, 2, 3, 6, 3, 5 = 21 (7d6)

Rolled 3, 1, 2, 5, 4, 4, 6 = 25 (7d6)

Rolled 1, 3, 2, 3, 6, 5, 3 = 23 (7d6)

Rolled 3, 1, 3, 5, 3, 3, 5 = 23 (7d6)

19 defense is a bit of a sting, one off getting a hall. Instead, looks like we're stuck with just a tower. The influence is a bit skimpy as well but at least it looks like we have recent lands.

I'll add one roll, rather than have one person do all of it. Right now, looks like you're the only one interested though.

Rolled 5, 6, 2, 2, 4, 3, 2 = 24 (7d6)

It's early America hours not that surprised.

Hopefully we can make up some Defense in history event rolls.

Rolled 5, 5, 2, 4, 6, 5, 1 = 28 (7d6)

So far:
>Defense: 19
>Intrigue: 15
>Land: 30
>Law: 23
>Population: 28
>Power: 24
>Wealth: 33

Next, we roll the age that our house came to be in. This time, a simple 1d6.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Rolled 4 - 1 (1d6 - 1)

Rolled 6, 1, 6 = 13 (3d6)

3 events yeah?

Rolled 1, 1, 5 = 7 (3d6)

Rolled 2, 1, 5 = 8 (3d6)

Blackfyre BTFO

It's really quite simple. The rules are in the book but in essence it comes down to this: roll 1d20 and reference the table below:

1 Mormont
2 Mormont
3 Mormont
4 Mormont
5 Mormont
6 Mormont
7 Mormont
8 Mormont
9 Mormont
10 Mormont
11 Mormont
12 Mormont
13 Mormont
14 Mormont
15 Mormont
16 Mormont
17 Mormont
18 Mormont
19 Mormont
20 Mormont

The probability distribution on this is kind of interesting. You have less than half a percent chance of rolling King's Landing yet a full quarter of all rolls will be in the Mountains of the Moon. That's a pretty severe difference.

There's also the population difference.

>Favor
Invasion/revolt
>Scandal

Looks like our house has had some struggles.

>Favor
Lord Martyn -something- was granted a fief in return for his aid in the Blackfyre Rebellion in which he fought valiantly. In return he had to marry Lady Rosella -something- he then took over the castle through her.

>Invasion/revolt
However Rosella's brother the former lord had cousins who believed themselves to be the rightful rulers and staged a revolt some years later. They were in the end defeated.

>Scandal
A great scandal appeared when Lord Tybolt married a commoner, a miller girl from the Westerlands, which he had fallen for. Some suspect witchcraft.

Just throwing out balls here right now

Rolled 6, 5, 6, 3 = 20 (4d6)

Rolling for Favor.

I dig that Favor and Invasion/Revolt synergy. Could just as easily say that the House was formed after the First Blackfyre Rebellion, granted lands and title with the Lord/cousins/sons/whatever being banished and then reappearing for the Third Blackfyre Rebellion.

Rolled 5, 1, 6, 3, 5 = 20 (5d6)

Defense: 19
>Intrigue: 21
>Land: 35
>Law: 29
Population: 28
>Power: 27
Wealth: 33

Next up Invasion/Revolt

Rolled 5, 3, 1 = 9 (3d6)

Intrigue: 21
Land: 35
>Law: 23
>Population: 22
>Power: 24
>Wealth: 28

Well that hurt, and last is Scandal.

>Intrigue: 16
>Land: 32
Law: 23
Population: 22
>Power: 21
Wealth: 28

Fuck me is this a bad off House. Looks like no more than Landed Knights with that Defense, Influence and Power.

Harder the fight the greater the glory.

Could always have it that the land was split into three or so pieces and granted to three different knights one of which was Ser Martyn as an excuse.

It's even more annoying because it's not accurate; it seems like King's Landing is JUST King's Landing and it separates the Crownlands and the isles around Dragonstone into two realms, and from the statistics it seems like it forgets the Crownlands as it's own region entirely despite it being very populated, civilized, and less then a generation before the books having more influence with the Crown then any other region.
If you want to play literally any era OTHER then the books then you're kinda screwed because the char gen and stats fuck you hard.

I ended up having to make my own version of it for our game in the end.

I think Kings Landing is meant to mean Crownlands

I don't know I had an alright time playing a War for the Stepstones/Dance of the Dragons era game. Nothing too bad, but we didn't expect to be fighting dragons or Targs either.

If we're talking Age of Heroes/Andal Invasion era, yeah I can see what you're saying. But I'd argue that's entirely a GM thing, they're legends, not fact. I'm sure on the average your normal petty King was just a bog standard dude.

It's a piss-poor representation then, mechanically.
The Crownlands don't have LESS influence, they have MORE; a brief look at Kingsguard Knights and Hands of the King shows a majority of them are Crownlands houses in fact.
Part of the problem is that the generation is based on the stereotypes of the Great Houses and power they wield in the timeframe of the main novels.
A lot of the Great House stereotypes are throughly shaky when you read the history of Westeros; since a Lord's whim becomes law the personality of the house changed overnight when he takes power, making it hard to make even partially accurate generalizations about them.

Like how the Lannister's immediately prior Tywin were well-known for being politically neutered and having lots of family members known for making some pretty awful decisions for example.

I think the less influence is due to the fact that they are directly under the kings thumb so he pretty much hogs it all.

I agree with what you say about house personalities even when creating a house here in Veeky Forums it often feels like you are making a Space Marine chapter and everything becomes about what ever theme people have chosen, from name, motto, family members personalities. etc etc.

Could someone link me the pdfs?

Ty

Can't we roll to add to one stat or something ?

Each person in the group gets to pick a stat and roll a d6 to help it.

I prefer using a d10 for starting region.

So in an actual game should one of the players be head of the house or what?