Starting my first game of dnd with heavy pirate themes and mutated man/sea creature monsters as later enemies...

Starting my first game of dnd with heavy pirate themes and mutated man/sea creature monsters as later enemies. Need images for sea monsters, man/creature abominations, ships and general brainstorming for plot, npcs and world building

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/mhmQaEK.gifv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shameless self bump.

>implying you need monsters and abominations to make the sea horrifying

i.imgur.com/mhmQaEK.gifv

May not need them to make it scary but u think they would be a nice touch

I*I*

Reddit.com/r/imaginaryleviathans is a good source

>Inb4 reddit

I had an idea for a campaign a few years ago involving the players trying to sabotage a cultists's plans to awaken a primordial sea god. Never got around to doing anything with it.

Actually, Jaws pretty much spurred on shark hunting to the point that shark species are more endangered than ever, with comparatively little shark attacks on human. More people die to lightning strikes each year than shark attacks.

Now megalodons on the other hand...

Dunkleosteus

Ran a GURPS pirate campaign once. I've got a whole folder of sea monsters for ya.

Even real ones that used to be around.

You still arround OP? What's the setting like?

Jeez

I demand a seasonal lighting hunt.

Op here, shit I thought this thread died but for the user asking it was going to be on a mostly ocean world covered in islands and it was going to start off as a simple pirates life with PCs running a ship and doing contract work but lead up to a them finding out the local cult summoning a god from the depths.

Where's this from?

Oh nv, found it. Looks sick.

What exactly is it?

A game called Diluvion.

i'll post what i got OP. there might be a duplicate or two with the other user here.

Thanks man.

This. There is nothing more unknown or nor compelling and romantic than the sea. Had I my youth again I would without reservation go in to a navy instead of what I did.

>tfw I will never stand on the prow of a merchant freighter drinking the last of my screaming hot coffee at 2:00am on a quiet night.
>tfw I will never buy in to sailors tails of myth, superstition and ritual.
>tfw I will never show my young grandson how to sail the old fashioned way and tell him when stories when he pokes at one of my tattoos.

for clarity OP, do you want things like inlets and lakes and coves? or are you full on oceans? also how fantasy are you willing to go?

Inlets and coves would be a good bit of what pcs will be exploring but sailing would also be used in it and fantasy wise it'd be a bit toned down but people would still know about things such as magic and monsters.

mmk, i'll post some water based stuff too then

Fucking awesome dump, man.
I'm never going swimming again.

hey my rust server finally wiped, have a good campaign OP