I've been recently forced by democracy into running an anime-themed game...

I've been recently forced by democracy into running an anime-themed game. My initial idea is to have PCs and NPCs be famous anime characters divorced from their home settings and transplanted into a fantasy setting. Lelouch ve Britannia is rallying bandits for an uprising, while Spike Spiegel has a contract to capture the PCs for General Gendo Ikari's program, etc.
That being said, what is the best way to simulate a wide variety of anime characters? Pic Related is an obvious choice, but point buy systems tend to have terrible balance and end up with either watered down characters or characters that differ wildly in ability- worse than martials vs. arcanes.
Should I bite the bullet and embrace the unbalanced nature and fluctuating power levels inherent to the source material, or should I force the characters into Pathfinder-shaped molds?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/9bv28q3w3kb1kn4/Legend of the Wulin.pdf
wulinlegends.pbworks.com/w/page/48630360/Portal
mediafire.com/download/m555wbs905jb00z/Strike!_Core_Rulebook.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump.

>Should I bite the bullet and embrace the unbalanced nature and fluctuating power levels inherent to the source material, or should I force the characters into Pathfinder-shaped molds?
Isn't that the same thing?

Not exactly. Pathfinder gets powerful, but it doesn't allow a character to buy a 10-storey fighting mech ala' Escaflowne.

Strike! does this pretty well. It's my go-to system if I want shounen anime fun. It's the "force people to be relatively balanced" for combat, but lets you go wild out of it.

Got a PDF or link handy?

Just play DoubleCross.

Fuck democracy. You run the show, do what you like. End the tyranny of the commons, you Lord Saint Hitler now.

Downloadan. What's the system like?

Not on hand, I'll post it in about 2 hours if you are still around.

>archer
>not priestess
you had one fucking job, tumblr

>Has the opportunity to play a delightful system like BESM
>Is still thinking about stupid shit like 3.Pathfinder for some reason
What is OP's malfunction?

Without some consideration, the masses will revolt. This is a necessary concession to allow me to force Riddle of Steel down their filthy, vulgar throats.
The artist said she didn't want to go with Shrine Priestess because it was too common, and that the costume looked too much like Scholar.
I'm behind BESM, but I don't trust my players to use it. Some will pull ahead, and others will fall behind. I know that's inherent to any system, but I find it a particularly strong problem in point buys. BESM is still the default. Destress yo breasts, nigganon.

>a necessary concession
Huh. Well, Exalted might be good for what you mean to do. It's pretty much all "Weeaboo Fightan Gods: The Musical". Good luck getting to RoS at any rate.

There's nothing "delightful" about BESM, it's generic crunch with nothing unique or interesting about it that makes it worth playing and only sells itself on it's devart-tier weeb art and desperately trying to claim it's "anime" over and over to idiots who fall for that shit.

I'd suggest Legends of the Wulin. The system's extremely flexible, and I know one fa/tg/uy is using it to run a magical girls game. The game's biggest problem is the shittily edited core book, but I think there's an IRC chat up, and most people familiar with it on here are willing to answer questions.

Core book is here
>mediafire.com/download/9bv28q3w3kb1kn4/Legend of the Wulin.pdf

Here's a fan-content page, but the only thing really worth getting is the half-burnt manual, which has errata, new content, and fixes.
>wulinlegends.pbworks.com/w/page/48630360/Portal

This doesn't look like it suits my needs, but it's certainly something we're going to play.

Pretty shit.
Not to mention that the translator fucked up both the translation and the design.

Screw democracy.
Your group should practice Islam and you should be Mohammed.
That way you can play what YOU want...and also have sex with your player's wives and children.
Islam is win-win.

I always thought most of the art in that book was trash, but that adventurer girl is cute as fuck

mediafire.com/download/m555wbs905jb00z/Strike!_Core_Rulebook.pdf

Also, this

It's not the official cover. It's an unofficial redesign. The real art is pretty shit...
I've been telling them that for years, but I've only got one player that will let me sleep with his wife.
sadface.webm
Thanks, user.

That art was used in the BESM d20 if I'm remembering right. I bought it back when I was in highschool and had shit taste (implying I don't today) but I can't be arsed to dig it out from storage.

Use google, then.

Official

But it allow a mage to become basically immortal and all powerful with the figther has nothing
So, what's the difference again?

>but that adventurer girl is cute as fuck

I'm unclear on why her breasts are growing out of her throat.

Needs loomis.

She's stretching. Or she has lordosis.

They used the art in OP's picture for the adventurer class entry in BESM d20

Or she's just badly drawn

That, too.