Veeky Forums Saint

Does Veeky Forums have a patron saint? If not, who would it be?
Gary Gygax?
Phillip Pullman?
Terry Pratchett?
Rick Priestly?
The Emprah?
Who do we love and adore the most? Whose ideals most embody our own? My vote goes for Terry. This mofo is my love, my life and my soul

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mEcpF9CRtmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pAdG7QIeHrY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sir Terry Pratchett would get my vote too.

Spoony, because we're all mentally-unstable, maladjusted, and think we know what we're talking about.

Gilgamesh, the original murderhobo.

Gygax would be fitting, although he's no saint. I give him the miracles, he revived TSR often enough, if unwillingly. But he is a demon lord, no benevolent protector.

But really, you know it's Nyarlathotep, Loki, or some other cruel trickster.

>Does Veeky Forums have a patron saint?
It has a Bodhisattva.

Gary Gygax is the patron-saint of the RPG hobby per se, not specific to Veeky Forums.

It would need to be someone more specifically gaming-related.

Also, Byron Hall is rather the patron-saint this board deserves.

The holy Trinity of Tolkien, Lovecraft and Robert E. Howard

Technically moot is our creator.
For my part I am seriously doubting OP for not placing Tolkien on this list. Shame on you OP.

these aren't funny.

Can't we have several saints? Rick Priestly can be the patron saint of tabletop, Gary Gygax is surely the patron saint of pen and paper. Tolkien as the patron saint of all lore and background. Terry Pratchett is the saint of not taking anything too seriously. etc...

They are cute though.

True, I forgot the father of modern fantasy. Perhaps because He's so ubiquitous that he's in the background, despite creating the genre? Maybe because his stuff is old? Either way, an inexcusable oversight. He deserves the top spot. still love Pratchett more though

youtube.com/watch?v=mEcpF9CRtmQ

Grendel

no it isn't

The only correct answer.

What part of this isn't cute?

THE KNIGHTS OF THE TRIFORCE TABLE;
>Sir Terry Pratchett
>Spoony
>Gary Gygax
>Richard Halliwell and Rick Priestley
>Carlos Bostria

The Old Guard;
>Tolkien
>Robert E. Howard
>H.G. Wells
>Mad Jack Churchill
>Lovecraft

Nice, I can totally see Veeky Forums rally behind gilgamesh. He even did his own ERP stuff...

Only oldfags will know this meme

Your Spiritual Liege, of course.

>Oldest of the Old Guard
Gilgamesh

youtube.com/watch?v=pAdG7QIeHrY

I havent played AD&D since the early 90's, but it has to be Gygax. I dont think theres anyone whos done as much for traditional games. His influence is everywhere.

nah, he is one the tales that our bards sing
to the knights and king of the board
these are the knights and kings
we shall regale them with gaming stories and fantastic exploits worthy of their ears

>It would need to be someone more specifically gaming-related.
Terry Pratchett endorsed Thief fan-levels.

terry gets my vote, but thanks for the list

I'll go with Terry, the sun and the holy spirit

Terry is the story, the characters, the god of lulz
gygax is the gameplay god
I'll even throw in Tolkien as the Elder god of creation
Lovecraft, god of edgy
Asimov, god of future

exchange god/patron freely. Maybe we should just make a pantheon?

Who?

gonna go with a few others in the thread and agree with gilgamesh since he was literally the original fa/tg/uy.

Anyone who thinks it's anyone but Tolkien must be out of his goddamn mind. Terry Pratchett my fucking dick.

>Lovecraft, god of edgy
How about the god of We Must Dissent?

time to shoop in some faces.

God of Negro Eggs

The fat cherub baby on the far left could be GRRM.

BEGONE FROM THIS PLACE

I am lucky enough to have a signed bit of paper from him calling me a mongrel for not buying a book. It was a misunderstanding as a friend though to get a signiture as a gift for me at a book signing across the other side of the country and Pratchett thought I was just too cheap to bring/buy a book and got my friend to ask for a signature rather than show my face. Friend explained after reading it the reason why and Pratchet thought I would get a laugh out of it so left it that way anyway.

He gets my vote too.

What happened to this guy. I used to like his videos and thought he had some good stuff to say, but after he reviewed 5e (holy fuck) he disappeared.

Well maybe not immediately after, but he only released a few

The smell must've gotten to him.

Tolkien is the Allfather of Veeky Forums. Pratchett is the patron saint.

St. Jude Patron saint of lost causes.

That's just /40kg/

Neggros.

He's more our Lucifer figure

The cautionary being that once embodied us, but then fell from grace and had his shit fucked up.
His example now temps unwary denizens