Plays a paladin

>plays a paladin
>isn't a christian irl

Uhm... no?

>plays an elf
>isnt an elf irl

uhm... no?

This bait too strong.

I never understood the atheist priest in DnD, but I allow it. Gods in that world are real, physical beings who you can touch, feel, witness and study. Interviews occur.

I wouldn't be surprised if the atheist priest ideal worked because a god was secretly empowering you to spite their rivals.

Athiests being used by gods to undermine others, this is my fetish

>complains about what people do with friends
>Isn't actually remotely likeable irl

>but I allow it
You shouldn't, It's beyond fucking retarded.

>plays a warlock
>isn't a satanist irl

Uhm... no?

Atheist priests don't know this, but they are actually active worshipping a god called Athe. Athe was not always the god of Atheism. For a long time, Athe sat on the Pantheon as the God of Bad Decision, which didn't get him many followers and prayers. He then decided to change his domain...

Of course, being the God of Bad Decisions for a reason, Athe because the God of Atheism. So everytime a cleric says 'I'm an Atheist', Athe grant him powers.

I composed this little piece of trive when a hardcore IRL atheist wanted to play an atheist cleric in my game. It was hilarious when he was finally visited by 'his diety'. Athe avatar looked exactly like if you drew a face on George Bush balls.

You can always play it up like Rahadoum from Golarion where they acknowledge that gods exist but don't believe them beings worthy of worship. I suppose that's more antitheism or misotheism though.

>plays a drow
>isn't wearing blackface irl

Uhm... no?

user do you have much experience with George bush's balls?

Terry Pratchet? Is that you?

>Plays OP's Mom
>Isn't sucking my dick irl

Uhm... no?

>if you're not a Christian, you're an atheist

>plays a druid
>isn't a wiccan irl

Yeah no

Atheist priests in 2e's cosmology made sense. They drew power directly from the planes, rather than having it granted by a god. They were basically mages accessing priestly power sources through sheer force of will. They had to have faith every bit as strong as priests with gods, but just ha to have it in something else.

as a christian i have to play a paladin every time i leave my house, so why would i want to play one on my day off?

What kind of barbarian would do such a thing?!?

Monsters!

I didn't know that druids were fat lesbian feminists.

>druids
>Wicca
Druids are based on pre-Christian Celtic religion, not a gothy faux-religion created in the 1970s.

To be fair, we know next to nothing about the pre-Christian Celtic druids.

1920's actually.

>fat lesbian feminists.
Counter point.

Tired of all these fake gamer Christians, they just want attention.

I wouldn't say much but...I know my way around the former president's sack, yes.

Don't you?

Indeed, Milka Yokovich is a skinny lesbian. Did not know she was a wiccan

I mean, my paladin technically isn't Christian either, I don't think that's a thing in this setting.

You shouldnt play an atheist in a fantasy world where deities are actually proven to be real and granting powers left and right to whomever rolls a divine casting class. That's like playing a flat earth creationist.

You could however play an antitheist/naytheist. Hell make it a paladin who sees gods as malevolent beings with shitty morals compared to his own and gets his power from...pure will? Natural arcane sources?

>plays a paladin
>isn't a sikh irl

The silent support of one or more deities who approve of his righteous actions (and don't really care about his deranged ranting) but keep quiet about it because they know he'd be upset and maybe stop if he knew?

What dose sikh have to do with paladins

that would be a cool TWEEEEST
>he was doing (a) god's work all along

> plays a ranger
> doesn't work in forestry or animal handling irl
Uhm... no?

>plays a rogue
>isn't a convicted criminal irl

Uhm... no?

Religious order of saintly warriors who live by a code? Nothing much, why do you ask?

>plays a dwarf
>doesn't have dwarfism irl

Uhm... no?

>talks about Paladins
>uses Hals' Laughing Cavalier
. If Cavalier wasn't a class I wouldn't have said anything but like... Come on dude

>Uhm... no?
>Uhm... no?

Uhm... no?

Atheist, heretic, apostate, whatever. They all burn the same.

>Tries to play a superhero in a superhero game
>Isn't able to punch through cement walls and throw buildings IRL
Uhm... no.

I'm an atheist/agnostic and I loved playing a paladin. You live by a simple code, you help out where you can, you smite people who hurt your people. It's a nice change.

Mine negro.

>Plays a beast master
>Won't fuck my dog when invited politely

Yeah, can you not?

>I'm an aethiest/agnostic and I loved playing a neutral magical fighter I called a paladin. You apply a loose and flexible "code" to how you act (more of a description than any rigid set of rules), you help when you feel like it, and you smite when you feel like it. It's a nice way to pretend you're noble (when you want to be) and can demand the honor of actual paladins while only being a pale shadow of them

I am an atheist and I love playing a healbot cleric. I get to defend humanity, feel like I'm helping people, and serve a higher purpose. My party appreciates me for all the healing, buffs, and status-removal I dole out, since it really has saved us many times. It's nice to be good and chill when in town, but get into inquisitorial smiting mood when fights come up. Also, praising is a lot of fun, in combat or out.

>tfw my cleric is more sincerely good than most paladins
>tfw I routinely make clever comebacks when fiends shit-talk the party
>tfw I keep the party dps alive and well as they curbstomp the wicked
>tfw I literally redeem a fallen angel bossfight and have her hanging around in our base

Have you even read about sikh philosophy? Motherfuckers are the closest thing to fantasy paladins (as opposed to Charlemagne's paladins) that you're going to find in real life.

Also it formed as a reaction against Islam.

So they are mages..

Hey, buddy. Let me tell you why I love playing Paladins.

I get to, for just a few hours a week, step into the shoes of someone who knows what he wants to do with his life. Someone who has a set of rules he lives by, a real identity he's strong enough to maintain, a purpose in life.

For just a few, shining hours every week, I get to be a real person - the one thing I could never be otherwise.

>Rogue
>Getting convicted

Nohp.

Dem feels.

There's nothing stopping you from doing that user. If your inspiration is a romanticized view of a Paladin, you take it to your heart and hold it there. Just as Squire Baratheal did when he was undergoing the trials.

The only person you need convince is yourself, once you do that, once you pass that check, you can do it.