pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VJaHFcQSl28?t=2m52s
youtu.be/vIafv1kJhBk?t=192
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The Goal of All Life is Death: This special skill is one of Ainz's most powerful abilities and comes from the Eclipse class, which is one of the hardest classes to get because it requires the overlord class with spells specialized in necromancy and instant death type magics. The Eclipse class lets the user become a true lord of death, a life consuming Eclipse. This spell delays other instant death type spells for 12 seconds, but allows them to ignore any types of resistance - even invalid. Ainz used this spell with '(Widen) Cry of the Banshee', and it killed everything in 200m. The cooldown of this spell is 100 hours duration. It is not possible to resist this spell, with the only counter being that one must use a either an item or skill that would cause them to be revived before the 12 seconds pass.
It is a skill with class requirements and while it says spell multiple times it is also labelled as a special skill and not one of his spells. Spells have their own section.

>More details of Moon Dwellers
>Even more dangling unexplained plot devices that I can't explain on top of already existing plot devices
>Granteed is Broken, more news at 11
>MFW
The real despair starts now

80 ARIA
Age 15
Cat
Mascot Charm, Landing on Your Feet -100, Blessing of Cait Sith -200, Cat Spaces -300,
Friends of Mine(Akashi[Salamander, A View of the Sky, Climatology -100, Weather Forecast: Pleasant -200, Uniform, Tram Ticket], Shimakaze[Undine, Approachable, The Spirit of Aqua -300, Uniform, Gondola], Taiho[Sylph, Daily Pleasantries, Mail Delivery! -100, Speedy Flier -200, Uniform, Air Bike], Bismark[Gnome, Firm Earth Around You, Astrophysics -100, Shiny Rock, Air Bike -100, Tram Ticket -100], Minamihime[Cat, Mascot Charm, Landing on Your Feet -100, Uniform, Bushel of Roses -100, Nightshine Windchime -100], Senkanko Kappa[Cat, Mascot Charm, Landing on Your Feet -100, Uniform, Four Petal Rose Clover Seeds -200], Deadly Decadent Court[Cat, Mascot Charm, Landing on Your Feet -100, Blessing of Cait Sith -200, Uniform], Choir of Righteous Fury[Undine, Approachable, Row Row Row Your Boat -100, Tranquil Waters -200, Uniform, Gondola]),
Uniform, Gelato -100, Waterfront Property -300, Old Documents: Origination -300,
cont.

In the Lord of Light jump Native Demon says that if you take Rakasha as a god you get the power to survive after death as a Rakasha. Could Demigods get this same benefit?

It wasn't me.

I swear.

Rolled 2 (1d8)

Scenario 1: To That New Beginning... +300
I arrive, but this isn't right. It hasn't been terraformed yet and I don't have my powers. Also, I'm a cat(ok that's actually right for here, but here isn't right for here. Or perhaps now isn't right for here.) at least I can still talk. I guess I'll be playing cat Yoroichi for a while. I don't even have the stuff I bought here with me, other than this packet of documents. Though, that might be a good thing seeing as I don't have pockets or an inventory or a warehouse right now. Oh well, lets pick up the packet and meander over to that camp. The inhabitants seem rather confused by me, understandable. Seems they are the last researchers on the planet and terraforming is at a stand still. Strange there is an envelope waiting for me with a letter explaining that things got fucked up. Like I hadn't noticed. Oh well, nothing to do but get to it. I drag my packet of papers over to the scientists and get them to take a look. They are shocked to find the documentation showing what they are going to do. Between the packet and my knowledge of various technologies we should get things kicking in no time.
Hmm, I've finally arrived at vacation time. Local cats can't speak human, must be peculiar to me. Seems to be 4 years earlier than I was expecting, but at least it isn't 4 hundred. The Undines recognize me. Oh, the statue of the terraforming research team includes a cat, me. Huh, a jewel rests beneath the statue. A weeklong vacation to be used in future worlds, once a world. Neat. My friends, power and stuff is back too. Well, time to start my vacation, I see a patch of sunlight with my name on it.
Continue
1 Golden Sun
2 Star Trek
3 Sailor Moon
4 Claymore
5 Devil Survivor 1
6 Axe Cop
7 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
8 Shin Megami Tensei

Off to Star Trek. Nechronica queued and Soma in the queue queue

It is moon related mass destruction of course it was you, by default even if you weren't there.

BLAMING YOU ANYWAYS

My only remaining sanity is that the GC/XO robots are literally powered by a high powered Xbox/Gamecube hybrid. Seriously in GC it was called the CUBE and in XO it was called the XENON

youtu.be/VJaHFcQSl28?t=2m52s

Demigods and rakasha are two seperate things, the rakasha are living energy beings that lived on the planet before humans showed up, demigods are the decendants and sometimes original settlers that showed up later on. They are completely different species really, it is possible to become an energy being like the rakasha with help but on their own the gods are just really powerful people.

How many moons have you blown up now, 11 1/2? Your track record is not helping your case.

>That Filename
>Not "Rock Me Dracodeus.jpg"

I am disappoint.

I know but the Perk Native Demon says that if you take it as a god your atman is empowered so that you will become like them rather than dying, I am wondering if you take the same perk as a Demigod would it do the same.

This is me. I can't believe my troll shitpost not only passed in the thread, but that a couple of people even fucking agreed with me. I made that post to make fun of the assholes that post was meant to parody, but you fucks not only took it seriously, you took it's side. Shame on you /jc/. Shame on you.

and here you are, leaving last thread in last thread. Truly you are a shining beacon for us to all aspire to.

Why wouldnt it? If you take it as a demigod you get the same energy body just as sam did in the book, your meat body becomes redundant since you are basically a energy being in a puppet. You are not invulnerable in this state though, loads of them die to fire of all things.

The Native Demon perk makes you into one of the natives, either a Rakasha or one of the People of the Sea. If you take that perk as a God and choose Rakasha you get the ability to turn into something similar to a Rakasha instead of dying. user wants to know if taking the same perk and choosing Rakasha as a Demigod instead of a God would have the same effect.

I doubt it. Being a demigod means you don't have as strong a psychic presence as a full-fledged god. You probably wouldn't survive the transition to energy being form.

But user, i cant get anymore rocked or else im gonna get rolled
youtu.be/vIafv1kJhBk?t=192

>I tried to stir shit and succeeded.
>You're all to blame, not me!
We don't need you here. That's grade-A PoS behavior right there.

Don't blame us just because people last thread were retarded and drank their own Koolaid that SMTanon is an innocent victim and anyone who disagrees with his is an evil shitposter.

Jumpers!

How often do you have to slap someone's shit?

Only when people in thread are being idiots.

How do they die to fire!?!?!?! they are made of energy and were even imprisoned as flames for a while!

Man, the princess looking chick just does not give any fucks in that last attack does she?

She's a demure moon princess with her first time co piloting, give her a little slack.

I prefer to flick them instead.

They can be overwhelmed by energies greater than themselves. The Wand of Universal Fire is "greater".

Regular fire and what that piece of nonsense produces are two different things, I thought you meant regular fire.

Not sure, agni blasts them and they die.

Original agnis wand was powerful.

Sam could beat them by mind power .
Mahasamatmans power is cheaty as hell though.

What about Rescue Fire
I'm just here for puns

They are energy and so they can be injured with energy. Sorry bro thats just how it worked in book. Most of the gods had something to hurt them.

Spells can have class requirements too, and the categorization was done by whoever wrote the wiki page, not the author.
More importantly, the description is from the source material, and it calls TGoALiD a spell 4 times, so it's not just a typo.
If the author routinely calls it a spell it's a spell. I really don't see how you can deny that.

Dark Wisdom lets you learn ANY spell you observe, no matter its normal requirements. That's the perk the jump grants you.

One of these days I'm going to make a Tomica Hero jump, just so I can pod Date in Kamen Rider and then take him there to meet up with Ishiguro. There's not a power in the multiverse that could stand up to their combined pimpin'.

So if you go Fiber Hybrid in KLK and pick up a Kamui, do you just eventually merge with that thing or what? From what I understand you're supposed to grow in power with time as you wear it, does that mean you're stuck wearing it forever?

Observing this one kills you though.

>as long as I call it a spell I can do anything!

But that is a skill, not a spell, they are two different types of abilities.

Do it you fucking bastard do it

I mean, Dark Wisdom should let you learn it, as long as it actually is a spell.

Only if you stand in the area of effect. Don't stand in the area of effect. This should be obvious.
It's also debatable that a world item could block it. Maybe. Kind of a "unstoppable blow meets immovable object" thing.

Are you incapable of reading?
The AUTHOR calls it a spell in the source matieral.
Four times in 2 sentences even.
I don't give a fuck where whoever wrote the wiki page sorted it. The only thing that counts is the word of the author, which is clear.

Rolled 5 (1d8)

81 Star Trek
Trader -100
Caitian
Age 33
Mercantile, Engineering -100,
Tapestry of Life -150, Scientific Mind -100,
Federation Credits 300000, Romulan Ale 54 gallons -50, TR-580 Tricorder -100, Runabout(Replicator -300, Cloaking Device -400),
Red Shirt +300,
Well, I certainly need to watch my step here. However, it should be ok. First things first scanning my new Runabout with the Light of Terra. Add a Cloaking Device, Replicators and a Warp Drive to the Light of Terra. With the improvements made, it's time to stealthily tool about the galaxy trading(it wouldn't do to frighten the locals with the Light). Sure, it can be dangerous for me when everytime I go anywhere if something dangerous happens it happens towards me, but I think I can have fun here.
Continue
1 Golden Sun
2 Nechronica
3 Sailor Moon
4 Claymore
5 Devil Survivor 1
6 Axe Cop
7 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
8 Shin Megami Tensei

Devil Survivor 1. Soma queued

Why are they attacking an edgy grape scrotum?

Prove it. The Author also said it was a class skill and not a spell. A more accurate description would be a spell like ability in d&d.

I'll be honest no one knows and its probably from some obscure Banpresto title

You do know the author doesn't write the wiki don't you?

Just because you can learn the spell doesn't mean you can actually use it. The magic does work off MMO logic so it could be that you actually need to have unlocked the class as a requirement for the spell to function at all.

>Just because you can learn the spell doesn't mean you can actually use it.

Actually that happens in mmos, you can learn a skill but not have the class requirements to use them. This one is a skill though which should have been obvious since it didn't make a huge glowing lightshow.

Hey it is a fair point. Dark Wisdom doesn't say it removes the requirements needed to cast a spell, and the spell is one that clearly requires you to be of the Eclipse class to use.

The only place that calls it a skill is the wiki page though, the author calls it a spell.

And where does he do that?

Can you point out how it is bait? It requires theneclipse class to be used at all.

I hate to be the one to bring this up, especially because I don't actually have two fucks to rub together for Overlord, but I'm pretty sure the world is not an MMO. Rather, it is an actual existing world that is either based off of or very similar to an MMO that Ainz played back when he was still human.

Therefore, while it might be that you can only learn a skill naturally by doing whatever byzantine horseshit that world requires, you can almost certainly simulate it using outside methods if you know how it works, because those limitations of the MMO no longer apply.

You are not limited by programming because there is no longer any programming to be limited by. Ainz is in a real, actual world filled with horrible people, some of whom he dragged with him in the form of NPCs.

The Light Novel, Volume 3, Chapter 5.

No. It (normally) requires the Eclipse class to be learnt. An important distinction, since Dark Wisdom gets you around that restriction.

Holy shit, who the fuck cares.

I do think Dark Wisdom should let you get The Goal of blablabla, but that is some really poor wording.

You're basically saying that Dark Wisdom would let you summon the planet busting tentacles Doctor Strange used once to deal with the not!Justice League during an Incursion.

The author refers to it as a skill, this is the text from the novel:

>And what he was about to use now, the skill learned at level five, which was the highest possible level of the Eclipse class. It was a skill that could only be used once every 100 hours.

>The name of the skill— ‘The goal of all life is death’.

What is referred to as a spell is Widen Magic: Cry of the Banshee, wich is the instant death magic that is empowered by the skill.

See: >I hate to be the one to bring this up, especially because I don't actually have two fucks to rub together for Overlord, but I'm pretty sure the world is not an MMO. Rather, it is an actual existing world that is either based off of or very similar to an MMO that Ainz played back when he was still human.

Overlord is not SAO. MMO rules do not apply to the world Ainz is in. Ainz played Yggdrassil, a game set in the world of the same name. The story of Overlord, anime and novel, is not set in Yggdrassil.

Very good now read what it says.
「The Overlord that has mastered death in the truest sense will rise to this class. Like an eclipse, he will encroach upon all life.」— was what was written in the class status description.

And what he was about to use now, the skill learned at level five, which was the highest possible level of the Eclipse class. It was a skill that could only be used once every 100 hours.

The name of the skill— ‘The goal of all life is death’.

>but I'm pretty sure the world is not an MMO

You are correct

Why are people who didn't make the jump trying to make a ruling about that jump? If someone posted they're going to do X, Y, or Z in jump A and you didn't make jump A who are you to tell them that doesn't work?

You must be new to jumpchain. We care about asanine shit here.

If the magic of the setting was based off a fantasy logic rather than that of a virtual world you'd be right. However the magic works off MMO rules so you don't "learn" a spell you unlock it through your class. The class is an innate requirement to the use of the spell. If anyone could use anything there wouldn't be a class system at all. Even in the new world everything is restricted by the class system.

If you observe him casting the spell, spend the time to reverse engineer it into a system of magic you can use and then learn it?
And have the magical power to do it? Sure.

Because that's the thing, isn't it? Magical power.
If you have the magical power to bust a planet it doesn't matter if you use Doctor Strange's tentacles or a Nanoha-style pink doombeam.

Yes but the mechanics are actually the same as in the game, the girl who Ainz gave the horn too unlocked an ability with the horns by discovering a secret game requirement.

Because skills and spells are two.completely different things.

Did you make the jump?

Because the thread is pretty slow at this time and discussing perk interaction is fun?

Is there something you'd rather discuss?

Setting canon beats jumper logic unless the perk explocitly says so. Did you make it?

No, they just don't want us to have fun wrong.

>No, I didn't make the jump.
I didn't make it either.

So, are you passing on a ruling made by the jump maker?

No but if you are arguing that skills and spells are the same thing when they canonically aren't then why not use the perk to learn everything ever since you are wanking so hard already?

Holy shit shut the fuck up.

They're actually not. They're similar, but the New World has things that never showed up in YGGDRASSIL, like martial arts and innate talents. Or wild magic.
Or the fact that it's "real life" and doesn't actually have levels.

Ainz's magic works the same or near enough to how it worked in the game, all Ranked Magic in the New World does. But that's about it.

I'm just saying. The way you equated that post to bait made it seem as if you were saying that Dark Wisdom would let you cast anything regardless of the actual logical requirements.

Nothing in Overlord makes me believe that magic system is capable of matching Doctor Strange, so whether or not you could get the juice for it through other means doesn't really matter in a vacuum.

Because in canon Skills are not Spells. The perk says you can learn spells but the abiloty in question is not a spell, you are basically asking for a spell that lets you learn martial arts to let you learn social engineering.

That wasn't actually me, you know.
And 10th ranked magic is pretty fucking powerful, as is overrank magic.
Planetbusting? Probably not, but then again you can explicitly get stronger than anyone in canon by taking Level 100 and Realm of Heroes both.
Also Ainz repeatedly mentions that he's not the strongest YGGDRASSIL character, he built around a theme, so what we're seeing from him is not even the maximum a Level 100 could achieve.

The perk says you can learn a spell regardless of the requirement. Therefore, you could learn and use doctor strange's tentacle stuff. It's a damn perk remember, its powered by fiat, it doesn't matter how different the magic systems.

Ah, sorry man.

I'm not saying that you wouldn't be able to learn it. I'm saying that you wouldn't be able to use it as-is after learning it.

Well, that depends on how powerful you are and whether you have external reserves of magic to draw on. It's definitely possible to use it as is, the energy requirements are just very high.

Well, it's not like you can't get a shitload of cost-reducing perks and items in jumpchain.
The ring from Overlord alone reduces magic costs by half, and Chrono Trigger has another item iirc.
The drop-in capstone from Iji also reduces mana costs iirc.

When it comes to Doctor Strange's stuff, even if you could cast them, that doesn't mean you should. A number of his spells are him summoning other beings or parts of them, and them following through with what he wants them to do. Sometimes this is him forcing the issue with his willpower, sometimes it's a contract with the being in question. Either way a lot of his spells come with the risk of suddenly demons. I mean it's entirely reasonable to cast his spells, but it's like a psyker summoning a daemon to do their bidding, just because it's possible doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Requirements to learn =/= Requirements to cast
Things may be looser in the new world but Ainz and his magic are still bound by the logic they used in the mmo. The metaphysics of his origin apply to him even in new world they same way a jumper can use their abilities across worlds. He even mused at one point that the inhabitants of the new world could surpass those of Yggdrasil simply because they aren't restricted by an upper level limit like players are. You are learning the magic from him and so are bound by the same requirements that the mmo used. If you are not of the Eclipse class you don't meet the requirements.

That is right at the end of the day, but I was looking at it as if Overlord was all you got, since that was what started this conversation.

...So what was y'all's Persona in the jump of the same name?

The summoning specialization from Overlord makes everything you summon with magic perfectly loyal to you, no matter the magic system used.
Jumpers are bullshit like that.

>If you are not of the Eclipse class you don't meet the requirements.
Nah. That's entirely too gamey and makes the DW perk useless. I don't know why it upsets you so that people are trying to use the perk to do what it's intended to do.

Meh, it doesn't explicitly say it bypasses requirements needed to CAST a spell, but given that it lets you learn spells regardless of requirements, I'd say it's implied that you can cast them, especially since you're buying it as a perk. It's too bad the jumpmaker is gone, then we could just ask him.

Because Ainz is the super special mainchar and if you can't get it with a perk you're not allowed to have it!

This is hardly unique to Overlord. Anyone trying to pick up powerful abilities from a jumps mainchar gets accused of powerwanking here even if he has perks that explicitly say he can.

Some people really don't like it if a jumper upstages the mainchar in any way, especially in shonen-type settings or others with very powerful chars.

>It's too bad the jumpmaker is gone, then we could just ask him.
What happened to him?

Not him but the perk does not let you learn anything other than spells. If TGoALID was a spell it may work but it is explicitly not a spell. It is a class locked skill, and those skills in canon are not spells in any way shape or form even if they may act like them. Its the same as why ainz cannot learn eightfold slash of light from any of the swordsmen, he doesn't meat the requirements.

>I don't know why it upsets you so that people are trying to use the perk to do what it's intended to do.
Because you're clearly having wrongfun and we need to stop you for your own good and for the sanctity of the thread.

Well it is a game and works by game logic and the dark wisdom perk is still really powerfull, but I digress. I'm not actually upset as this is a fun discussion. Besides why would a jumper want an instant win button? Its honestly a pretty boring way to do things and has very little story potential than "Lol you Ded".

While we are on summoning does anyone know a good way to prevent summons/constructs from be possessed? I want to fight the Outsiders in Dresden with a Golem army but their whole ability to possess and give things free will thing is making that seem like a bad idea.

Brellin is from SpaceBattles, Overlord is one of perhaps two jumps from there that isn't awful.

Retreated to SB after he got yelled at over his crap Exalted jump.

Actually no, it would totally be gettable if you copied ainz build (which you can actually do with the options provided in jump) but its a very specific build that you have to shoot for. Just saying a perk lets you do it when the perk actually does no such thing won't cut it.