Post your diesel punk/steam punk machine images and drawings

Other urls found in this thread:

media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/68/14/26/681426012a8dc801a36437aa8c129c9e.jpg
merveilleuxscientifique.fr/auteurs/robida-alfred-la-guerre-infernale/
laboiteverte.fr/lan-2000-imagine-en-1910/
laboiteverte.fr/en-1900-des-cartes-postales-imaginent-lan-2000/
youtube.com/watch?v=IsvxzWN5ahM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like the idea that these two exist in the same setting, but the first one was made 30 years prior

I got tons of turn of the century/interwar designs and pictures. Dump?

And to be that guy: Why use steam/dieselpunk as an aesthetic? Even cyberpunk is an ill-defined genre, and reducing fiction to its looks often ends with people gluing gears everywhere regardless of function. Why not simply ask for victorian era inspired tech instead?

Could be, whatever, I just don't want modern cyberpunk biopunk somethingpunk shit

what about biopunk vs dieselpunk

man this series sucked in the end though. good ol america.

This series sucked from the beginning to the end, although I have to admit I got attracted by the premise, but meh. No, no biopunk

Makes me think of the filenames, that at one point they were given names but later were just given letter and numbers for a designation code.

Posting some old guns.
This is a self defense pistol that fits in the palm of the hand.

media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/68/14/26/681426012a8dc801a36437aa8c129c9e.jpg

well to be fair it is a tween/teen novel. theres only so much you can do without breaking from the genre.

I mean lets be honest, Artemis Fowl is no Hellboy.

This is an apache pistol, depending on how you open it's a knife, brassknuckles or revolver. Well-like by parisian gansters at the end of the 19th century.

I want one.

forgive me brothers, I have sinned

An authentic Brownings Brownings Brownings made by Mauser (it's a pre ww1 chinese imitation)

A LeMat revolver with 9 12mm shots and one shotgun cartridge in the central barrel.

A Villar-Perosa twin 9mm submachine gun.

ww1 trenchmade lighter

It started sucking as soon as it gave a shitty explanation for why the sides matched up to their historical counterparts.

Smog 1888/World of Smog is a nice tabletop game with very beautiful minis, escpecially the robots like the Cyclomaton or Mekali.

Also, some french illustrations/books for early sci-fi: La guerre de demain (Tomorrow's war) by Danrit, La guerre infernale (the hellish war) by Giffard, La vie electrique (the electric life) by Robida.

merveilleuxscientifique.fr/auteurs/robida-alfred-la-guerre-infernale/
(check the end of the article for tons of pics)

(hilarious) Postcards
laboiteverte.fr/lan-2000-imagine-en-1910/
laboiteverte.fr/en-1900-des-cartes-postales-imaginent-lan-2000/
(police checking inside buildings with X-rays, the first Neet and his waifu ever, predicting traffic jams...)

Nice

youtube.com/watch?v=IsvxzWN5ahM

Cool pic, cool vid, cool trips

Why is their equivalent of WW1 an ideological struggle?

Yeah. Handcrafted copper vs. machine-stamped steel.