The problem with blue players (according to a faggoty op and his fellow fa/tg/uys)

>TFW all the blue players you've known are assholes
>TFW they act smug and have consistently been sore losers
>TFW one is your best friend and becomes condescending and a control freak whenever you start playing any games, even ttrpgs

I've been playing MTG for about 3 years now, still kind of a newfag. I mean, is this just me? Do I just have a bad streak with blue players? I mean, it's been pretty consistent too, every one with the exception of a new player I know has been an asshole to be honest. What have you seen in threads or irl that could back this up or disprove it? Stories are appreciated.

Also, traits of MTG players and their respective color/theme devotions thread
>Rakdos players masturbate violently to Fury Road X Skeleton Warriors fic
I know cause I was one of them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YkjgnB_wrR0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What the hell is even a "blue player"? I have never met anyone who played only a color.

>being literally so completely casual at magic you still use terminology like "blue players"

is this bait

Well shit man, idk what to tell you.

Then what the hell do you call them, a blue main? How about someone who strictly play blue, dimir, & azorius decks?

People play decks, not colors. You can be a Miracles player or a Canadian Thresh player or a Nic Fit player. Terminology like "Blue Player" is typically used by people who don't know the game very well.

Okay then, people who play blue decks.

But that's an absurd distinction. The best cards are all blue; anyone not playing a "blue deck" is playing suboptimally (with some exceptions of course) and therefore not really playing Magic. I could show up with Tin Fins and win turn one every game or play Miracles and grind for two hours: both of these strategies are heavily blue (because blue is necessary for most strategies in fact), but they are completely different. It's senseless to make the distinction of "blue decks" when 85% of decks play blue cards.

No no no. There are blue players. At my FNM there's always this one guy who shows up in his hybrid call and looks like he doesn't take a shower ever. The only decks he plays are blue and all he does is "draw, land, go, counter." He constantly sits there saying things like: I've become too smart for this game or I just know what to counter everytime. Then when you beat him and he can't sniff his own farts anymore he gets really really salty and criticizes every move you made even though you beat him. Worst part is I'm pretty sure he has kids.

Got another guy who's like 40 and fully autistic and just crams blue into everything but he also has some good decks like tron and Jund.

The other blue player is some faggot who constantly spouts off about equal rights for everyone but he doesn't come by as much since me and my friends are lewd boys.

Then there was Kamigawa. A very autistic fat teenager who wore a Hawaiian silk shirt and always had his cards in bags unsleeved. He played Scuba Divers Vs Sharks for a deck and I don't know what the fuck he actually played but I do know it had big blue fatties.

It's not a problem of having the best cards, it's about condescending tryhard dickheads that act like they're a 90's anime villain. I'm not saying people who decide to play Jeksai or Izzet decks are automatically twats, I can accept a good chunk of great cards are blue. I'm saying people who strictly find the need to play blue decks or decks that are a majority blue, IN MY EXPERIENCE, have been negative people and players.

The user doth protest too much, methinks.

>blue player detected

>I'm not saying people who decide to play Jeksai or Izzet decks are automatically twats
That's true though

Look bro, I just like drawing cards, okay? It's like an addiction.

>anyone not playing a "blue deck" is playing sub optimally (with some exceptions of course) therefore not really playing Magic the way I want them to

seriously, that's a general consensus but blue deck players isn't?

It's terminology for people new to magic

People like me where till recently where all you've got is an intro deck and a few booster packs playing casual with other people with an intro deck and a few booster packs, you don't have several blocks worth of dual and fetch lands they're a rare precious thing you use to make your deck easier because you still haven't realized buying singles is much more cost effective.

Then one day you look at the other cards your intro uses as a gimmick and notice all this crossover with cards from other colors and go huh I could totally buy x, x, and a few basic lands and this would be totally playable. You go online and find out those cards cost like 5p each buy a bunch then wreck your usual casual opponents.

As to why so many newbies who use blue are asswipes, it's because blue is the color that markets itself as for "smart" players at low levels whereas the other intro decks are generally a combination of self buff, fast aggro or green growth decks.

OP here. Thank you user, for verbalizing what I meant.

Seconded.
Naw throwing red in there makes you significantly less twat like.

I've got a buddy who's that blue player. He loves to counter spell things and chortle as he "masterfully ruins your plans"

I built a black discard deck, and now he's not allowed to have enough cards to counter anything. It's great.

Anyone who only plays a specific colour or colour combination is terrible regardless of what it happens to be.

Sample size issues and confirmation bias. It's very possible for you to have consistently run into assholes who play blue without blue players all being assholes.

That's pretty true. it think the timmy/spike/johnny dynamic is a better descriptor.

Spike just tends to be a bad player, and happens to generally play blue.

fucking this

> play rise from tides brains with black splash for removal
> really just like it for the zombie ball and sac outlet for my westvale abbeys
> feel like a total asshole as I control the board, dump 55 zombies on the field and then counter a board wipe

Also, the other problem with Blue:

It's the decktype that says You Don't Get To Play The Game.

Casual EDH only fag detected.

Being this mad about 1 fifth of the cards in the game

i love red black and white and the ideology behind them, but if i were to play a game, i'd make a UW deck with 4 Silence and 4 Day of Judgement, 4 Manaleaks and 4 cryptic command

>inb4 i've only ever played casual and a few standard tournaments
lolwut

As I've said before, this was never about the cards. It's about the players who use those cards and the way they act. I'm fine with someone playing counterspells, hell I'd even be fine with them playing a mono-blue devotion deck, as long as they didn't act like they were some genius psychic who is ready for anything. I've played a fair deal of MTG games, roughly half of which were with acquaintances and close friends. And in every one against someone who claimed they mainly play blue, they were douchebags. That was the whole point of this thread.

BUMP

youtube.com/watch?v=YkjgnB_wrR0

How does this make you feel OP?

I thought it was an interesting match, at least. I don't have any particular problem with either of their strategies or decks, that first win for Reid was admittedly pretty great. Why would I feel any different?

Sorry, I don't really follow Reid Duke, but seeing how clutch that was, I can only assume he does live up to the title.

Bump