Post your favourite Artifact/Artifact Creature Veeky Forums

post your favourite Artifact/Artifact Creature Veeky Forums.
got any budget artifact decks in modern?
share!

Superior art version.

Some players just want to watch the board burn.

it's expensive card though, damn

It's 4 beaverbucks f-a-m

I don't care it dies to everything. This is such a good beater

An old favorite.

This was my favorite, before it was banned everywhere. Yes, I'm an oldfag.

i'm europoor bro, it's worse with prices here.

i wan Phyrexia back with new awesome artifact shit
this is a fucking funny card, show off your aiming skills user

this card was OKAY way back when in vintage and has been incredibly subpar everywhere else since then

if you wanted a similar card in a format where this card would be ok, you could probably just easily splash a color for goyf or thalia or whatever

>Scars of Mirrodin
>Way back when

anyone got recommendations for artifact creature decks? colorless would be best but if i absolutely need to splash color then it's okay

bamp

Why the fuck did wizards print a free creature?

>what is ornithopter

Because cards are also a resource and a vanilla 1/1 is not really worth the one its printed on by itself.

Exactly my point. Free creatures are cancer, double cancer if used in blue decks.

>something around since the beginning of the game and reprinted almost more than any card is a cancer
>ornithopter being used in blue decks
Literally what

>What are kobolds

B-but Ensoul Artifact is real good when you use it on thopters!

Why double cancer in blue? Just because blue is blue?

just use it on darksteel citadel, indestructible 5/5 land

Exactly. Blue is cancerous as is because it's objectively the most powerful color in the game.

Someone smacked down that motherfucker turn 4 in my last game of Commander.
It was promptly destroyed, and he was hated out of the game.

That's only true in Vintage and Legacy, and a creature that does shit-all isn't worth the slot or the draw it costs you, regardless of being zero cost. Its only purpose would be in some sort of combo that you could probably already do with other cards regardless.

>Only true in vintage and legacy
Still means it's overpowered as fuck.

The only purpose Memnites and Ornithopters serve is to be sacrificed for a more useful effect. Like so.

A 0 cost 1/1 isn't going to change the game state unless you already had combo pieces on the board. At that point, it doesn't matter that it's a 0 cost because anything could fill it's role. Even if you drop it turn 1 with a 1 drop creature, at most it will get you 1 more damage the following turn.

To be fair, Ornithopters are really good at holding bonesplitters and whatnot.
And has nothing to do with Memnite. In the places blue is objectively overpowered, Memnite is not 'double cancer', it's shit.

I got a playset back when they were still 2 USD a card. One Japanese and one foil. I love them to death, they've been my beaters and trump cards in a shitty soldier tribal deck for so long.

I love that guy as well. I run them alongside Etched for soldier tribal and Metalcraft. The deck itself has a pretty big emphasis on soldiers as well.

Now if only there were more decent artifact soldiers. So far there's Etched and Porcelain, and a couple of other crappy ones from older sets.

Darksteel Relic is an okay choice if you just need an artifact as well. More fodder for Ensoul that can come down first turn alongside a DSC.

Also it's pretty flavorful for Phylactery Lich, if you play for flavor.

pretty nice, good way to finish a game. I would be hesitant to do it early on because I would eventually want to revive those creatures.

That seems like a bad idea, because if someone paths or dismembers your lich's animated Phylactery you get 3 for 1ed

I love everything about it.

it's dank but expensive card

2010 was 6 years ago anonymous

I know ravager is a basic answer but I love this card so much. The old art is awesome in that ravager feels really intense and volatile. New ravager art is too literal and less emotive. In terms of art, my second favorite artifact creature art is probably a tie between arcbound overseer (awesome expressive face) and darksteel colossus.

Carl Critchlow is great in general. The art he did for Silvos was incredible.

I'm taking about blue being overpowered you mouth breathers. If one color single-handed ot dominates two separate formats it's obviously stronger than any other color.

Question here:
What happens when you have this out (with one soot counter) and also From Beyond? [3u G echantment that creates a 1/1 eldrazi scion on upkeep every turn]

guess you can sacrifice token every round while others are fucked?

No I meant like does the eldrazi scion come out before the smokestack activates or the other way around?

hmmm, well both things happen on upkeep...
kinda tough question.
it happen simultaneously i guess?

Both are effects of the active player and happen at the same time, so you decide the order in which they reach the stack

No. Since you own both permanents and have priority, you can decide which happens first.

Ok, I'll just remove this emerakul, ulamog, and kozilek

In case of Eldrazi, break glass.

hope new expansion makes eldrazi viable, colorless ones cost way too much in terms of mana

Baleful Strix is muh nigga of the highest degree.

Awesome thanks user

Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

And the conversation was about Memnite being 'double cancer' in blue somehow, everyone fucking knows that blue is overpowered in vintage/legacy.

This is my baby. Favorite artifact. Favorite creature.

So good in EDH especially my Kiki jiki deck. Old art is better though.