I for one, accept cryptokitties as our new overlords

I for one, accept cryptokitties as our new overlords.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DDO_aCkivxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

l8

When the fuck is the bubble going to pop? I thought it would start to slow down eventually, but quite the opposite: the money is piling up faster and faster, so much so that it doesn't even feel real any more. This beats out all the moon missions I've rode.

I never fucking imagined that when I would finally make it in crypto, it would not be through careful research and risky trades, but instead through playing a fucking kitten breeding "game" and putting all the years I wasted playing MMO auction houses to work.

This reminds me of when Diablo III first launched too, with its RMAH. It wasn't nearly as lucrative as this, but it was still a lot of money to get for nothing more than playing a video game that I would have enjoyed playing on its own merits.

Lol good shit bro.
I'm having a hard time trying to sell two gen0s st 4 eth which is what everyone is asking for.
Should I sell it for 3 instead?

how much have you made?

How much ether does it cost to get a starter kitty

In this situation I value less reward now rather than more later, so I'd just position them at the bottom and make sure the ones ahead of you won't sneak past if they have a downward curving on the bid price, or if they will no matter what then give yourself a buffer so that won't happen within minutes after you post them.

I'm just concerned that this whole thing could come crashing down at any moment, so better to have ETH than cats when possible. At least ETH gives you the option to buy the cats you need, while you can't be sure you'll be able to sell your cat for ETH at a moment's notice.

But I could also see gen 0s specifically going UP in value from here before they go down, so it's not really a wrong decision if you want to take that bet and keep them at 4, even though I wouldn't personally. The one exception to my rule is a virgin gen 0 that I've been holding onto from the start and not even breeding, just in case they become some kind of highly-sought-after item whenever they stop being generated.

>what i'm listening too while my kitties breed
youtube.com/watch?v=DDO_aCkivxU

I started by putting in 6 ETH three days ago when an user shilled it here. I had literally never heard of it before, which is a shame because I'd have definitely gone in a lot sooner. Picked up a few gen 0s for about 1.5 each and spent the remainder of my ETH on sires to breed a good pool of 1s, 2s, and 3s.

That cats I bought are now worth roughly double what I paid, and the breeding and siring has generated about 30 more since then, 11 of which I've spent on more cats, sires, and the ridiculous fucking breeding fees which are still somehow worth it.

I have over a hundred cats now of every generation above 10 so it's impossible to give you an exact number, but I'm sitting on 19 ETH in wallet and I'd wager about 50 ETH worth of cats if sold slowly with the market, and more like 20 if I were to sell them all at once if I get spooked that a crash is lingering.

jesus. doing this in the morning

I have been trying to buy kitties for the last fucking hour but my transactions keep failing, can anyone shed some light?

>tfw pathetic catlet

I spent 0.4 eth on getting these... Pissed away a bunch in fees that didn't go through. Am I going to earn money on this? Best way? I have some low ID ones, like the 4331 one. Will they be worth anything?

Technically? About 0.035 ETH or ~$15USD currently. Good luck getting one though. I've been trying to get myself a somewhat better brisk kitty for 0.04-0.05ETH the past few hours and transactions never go through, the whole ethereum network is clogged.

>Pic related.

I feel your pain

Uninstall metamask, close browser, delete cache, reinstall metamask and recover from seed. Then switch the RPC to pic related. Maybe try a different browser also. Try to only do one transaction at a time.

Working for me. I use 27 gwei 170000.

Can I get a quick rundown on this cat situation.

attach pic bro

Pic related. You have to manually enter it.

>install metamask
>add ether to wallet
>buy kitties
>breed kitties
>sell kitties
>make ethereum

some faggot made a cat selling game using ethereum and it took off like neopets did back in the late 90's. its to the point where its completely fucked the price of ethereum where shit can't gain value cause people keep pumping mass amounts of shit into this shitty digital cat breeding game.

what is the RPC and how does it affect transactions?

Hopefully it's not too late. At least right now the cats are still worth it, no clue when that will stop being true, but something's going to give eventually. Good luck user.

Though I also thought I was a latecomer when I first went in, but that turned out not even be close to the truth.

Now to breed more cats. This is some seriously high maintenance shit, at least with this many fucking cats to manage. I wouldn't be comfortable botting this with the huge fees and how costly a poor buy or sire would be, though. Too much room for error.

But just a tip for anyone, I wasted three hours last night doing literally nothing (right after I dumped 4 ETH on a single cat, too, for the worst possible timing) before I figured this out: If literally ALL of your transactions are backed up, then it's a problem on your end, not the network. If the earliest stuck transaction is visible on etherscan as pending, look up how to cancel it with MEW. If it's NOT visible, then do what said and it won't get posted anyway, nor will any of the other transactions you've attempted since then. Then just make sure you're properly connected to the mainnet and using correct gas prices (like 30+ right now) so it doesn't happen again.

Quite possibly the stupidest fucking thing to happen in the history of finance since the Spanish Empire crashed their own economy by bringing too much Goddamn gold in from Peru.

i personally think its god damn hilarious but its completely retarded to anyone actually seriously invested in ETH.

IDK, read the thread at reddit.

Holy shit that's some gains, so far I've only been getting failed transactions when I tried buying a shit-tier cat, pink wojack-ing rn

Do you think you could help a nibba out? I've been being absolutely JUSTed lately & my entire portfolio is like less than 0.5 eth now

0x2E3056eD1283f5e21f3F7d8825b06A2D98d33962

I hope this fad dies off fast, transaction times are a fucking nightmare because of this normie shit

It wont. I hope it will force money skeleton and his gang to scale the network faster instead of watching CP and tour the world.

I actually think A TON of spin offs will come soon, clogging the network further.

Any tips for selling cats/making them more visible on the market place. I made a few ETH scalping low gen 3-5 Swift breeders and flipping them for a tidy profit.
Now Ive got a bunch of gen3-5 swifts, some with rare traits but because they're numbers are a bit older and their price is mid range, I dont think they're very visible on the market.

Get another sub-10 Gen one to breed with your other low gen, can still make a gen 9. Under single digit Gen is good shit

explain to me?

can i get 2 random cheap kittys and breed them and there is a chance i will get a space kitty worth hundreds?

how expensive are the cheapest cats now?
o could throw in 100 bucks to fuck around

why the FUCK hasn't money skeleton updated eth in like 10 years

where the FUCK is my PoS

It was updated in October, with great headway being made on PoS, could come in Q2 Q3 2018 if we are lucky!

What update in October?

I noticed fucking nothing and the price vs BTC is on the highway to hell. What's going on

That's about what you need. But in a few days you can have it back and more. Too bad you'll just want to spend it on extra special kitties, lol

Normies are retarded. So if anything the bubble could get up to 5-10 times bigger.

ETH has always been the redheaded step child.

What's with the transactions failing? I can't seem to buy a single fucking cat. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE