Tg, how do you guys find groups or players? Are local game shops a good option...

tg, how do you guys find groups or players? Are local game shops a good option? What are your experiences with groups at game shops?

I literally have no friends, never played a tabletop game but want to try and start, and don't know where to look for people to play with.

It really depends on your lgs and the people there.

listen faggot. do what I did. Go up to your local game store, make sure they have tablespace (that increases the odds of an rpg group running games there) ask the store owner or staff if there is a group that shows up regularly. If they say yes, ask what day and time they show up. Then show up on that day and at that time and ask the group if there is a spot open.

It worked for me 5 years ago, and I never regretted it. There are only two roadblocks I can think of 1)their group is already full, 2)They are the worst kind of players and dont like outsiders.

And don't look like a basement dweller. Shower, shave, smell nice. Etc. That will help.

And bring bribes in the form of snackies. Food is an excellent form of currency among the neckbeards we all know we are.

where in the world are you lonerfag? Is it Canada?

>2)They are the worst kind of players and dont like outsiders.

Yeah I fucking hate obnoxious people like you who think that not wanting "outsiders" makes you a bad person. Are you fucking kidding? You fucking pricks have come up to me 4 times trying to get into my games. One time this girl in a Dr Who shirt came up and started babbling asking to play with us and we said sorry our group is full. She said "with only three players" and I said yeah sorry we're not looking for any more players.

After we got done we were like, "holy shit why couldn't that girl just FUCK OFF"

People like you are goddamn annoying. Get some friends, faggot. The FLGS is not your place to try to awkwardly find a group where you don't belong, understand? I told the FLGS owner in no uncertain terms that I could find other ways to buy the shit I buy from him, and if he tolerated these kinds of solicitations, I would take my business elsewhere.

This is an even worse idea. Not everyone has a terrible diet like you do, user.

100% this. To be honest most people who don't have a group probably don't have a group for a reason. One time this blind girl wanted to join our group and I was like 'lol seriously' internally but ofc we just said we were full.

Blind people are the fucking worst. I bet she smelled fucking awful. Most female RPG players do, it's like they think hanging out with men means they don't have to shower.

LGS are a option, i can't say a good one.

Look into organised play, pathfinder unfortunatly is the most likly go to but its start.

>Implying that I mean junk food.
>Implying that there isn't healthy snacks that still taste good.
3/10

There are always online games. You can find them through Roll20, IRC, or even the game finder threads here. For anything that isn't 5e or PF, expect to have to be the one running the game.

>And don't look like a basement dweller. Shower, shave, smell nice. Etc. That will help.

Got that down

>Look into organised play, pathfinder unfortunatly is the most likly go to but its start.

Pathfinder's what I'm looking for anyway. Got cheap starting stuff from a humble bundle sale. Don't see what the problem is with it, looks like a decent D&D clone without all the edition wars and countless splatbooks.

>online games

I'm aware this is an option after lurking these boards. Playing in person seems more fun to me than over the internet though. Everything is done over the internet now, change of pace from that is nice.

fuckbuddies

>I told the FLGS owner in no uncertain terms that I could find other ways to buy the shit I buy from him, and if he tolerated these kinds of solicitations, I would take my business elsewhere.
Jesus christ tell me you didn't actually do this

Are you at uni? uni clubs are a good place to start.

You can try your LGS but as you see from the assholes in the thread not perfect.

Frankly, I'm surprised tg doesn't have a meetup thread for this kind of thing.

I use Roll20 LFG and, while I have iffy experience as a player, I've had great success as a DM by using my best judgment with choosing players and having solid rules regarding tardiness, absences, and behavior.

>Playing in person seems more fun to me than over the internet though
It depends on your tastes senpai.
I find online has a much better IC and OOC divide and allows for much longer and more detailed sessions.

>I told the FLGS owner in no uncertain terms that I could find other ways to buy the shit I buy from him, and if he tolerated these kinds of solicitations, I would take my business elsewhere.
The hilariously ironic part of this post is that the "F" in "FLGS" is supposed to stand for "friendly."

My players are my friends. If your players aren't friends then why the fuck are you playing with them?

penandpapergames.com
meetup.com

To make some new friends.

I found all three of my groups using Google. Insert shrugging reaction image here.

F in most acronyms strand for the good old F-word. This should be no exceptions.

I think that's a little TOO friendly, in this context.

>NORMIES!? REEEEEE!!!: the post
Never have I read a piece of text that felt covered in cheeto dust before. Congrats user. I can almost taste the stale odor of your hole-pocked MLP t-shirt which hasn't been washed since dinosaurs walked the Earth and hear the groan of the grossly inadequate store-provided folding chair buckling under the distended mass you call a torso spilling outward and over it's insufficient size and support like a Wal-Mart greeter on Black Friday.

Not that guy, but you're a faggot. Fuck off.

I forget people like you exist sometimes. Try not being so assmad all the time.

>NEEEEEEERRRD
That guy's a massive faggot, but because of this post so are you.

> Jesus christ tell me you didn't actually do this

Why? I have a right as a consumer to choose where I shop and to expect a friendly atmosphere for the service provided. I buy their overpriced drinks to support the store when I play there. The least they can do is have some rules.

I don't give a fuck. It's not FRIENDLY to allow random creeps to harass your customers.

I don't eat cheetos. Nice hardcore projecting. Who the fuck even brought up MPL?

I hate xenophobic niggers like you, you are the scum of the earth

Do not reproduce

How is it "xenophobic" to not want to add some random stranger to my D&D campaign? She could could get hit by a car and I wouldn't give a fuck. Why would I want her in my game?

> do not reproduce

Don't worry, I would like to actually continue my gaming hobbies past the age of 25. Can't really do that when every spare second you aren't spending earning money to pay for the little shitspawn are spent caring for it. And you can't play D&D on Sundays anymore cause you're too busy "watching the little guy"

Yeah kill yourself.

/r9k/, is that you? What are you doing outside your containment board?

If you don't want straners in your game why aren't you gaming at home?