/EMN/ Eldritch Moon Spoilers general

/EMN/ Eldritch Moon Spoilers general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WPUSa424SPQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does this include mana abilities?

I LOVE IT

No nothing can counter those as far as I know.
But you can stop someone from fetching.

>112.4. Some activated abilities and some triggered abilities are mana abilities. Mana abilities follow special rules: They don’t use the stack, and, under certain circumstances, a player can activate mana abilities even if he or she doesn’t have priority. See rule 605, “Mana Abilities.”

In a word: No.

What's the benefit of using this?

>Gets around "Can't be countered" spells by exiling them
>Counters on cast effects
>Can get rid of everything on the stack with a single spell

It hoses eldrazi and other creatures with on cast effects, and it can completly stop a combo. It's also useful if your opponent is playing a lot of spells and abilities all at once.

This would be able to counter planeswalker abilities wouldn't it?

I mean, yeah, but unless they're actually using the ult and killing the walker, it seems like a pretty bad use of the card.

Mind you, both Chandra and Gideon can tick themselves out now....

>Hahahahaa we will show those control decks just how unfun their control on control matches are!!!!!
>Hahahahahaaa WE WILL MAKE IT COUNTER ALL SPELLS!!!! RESULTING IN YOUR OWN DRAW SPELL BEING COUNTERED!!!! HAHAHAHAAA
>brb buffing permanents again.
Creatures: The Tappening has hit new lows. Give up your control v control mirror by 1 mana and not winning home turf countermagic wars so that you can deal with eldrazi creature power creep "sorcery" abilities

In before a card with "Triggered abilities you control can't be countered."

Is the eldrazi pig mythic posted yet? I must have missed some spoiler threads.

That's actually pretty neat.

>it's called Trigger Warning

>Fuck GBx: the Land

ok

This is that card that some shitfuck in your LGS whips 4 out of before playing you and casually slides into his deck because he knows you're a poorfag and enjoy playing things which cause discards

>my discards just become a time walk
>complains
you're bad at the game, and it's not because you're a poorfag.

That flavor text is fantastic.

>generic avengers movie banter
>fantastic

You are literally what is wrong with magic.

>Gideon "I punch eldrazi titans in the face" Jura
>Asking for a battle plan

Is there anything Modern playable yet?

Maybe Whispers of Emrakul?

Gnarlwood Dryad might see play in death's shadow variants of zoo.

Lone Rider/It that rides as one might see play in soul sister decks.

Eldar Deep-Fiend and Wretched Griff might see play in midrange and control decks that run blue mana and also in some tron variants. Because both cards can be cheated out way below their CMC while offering great value and relatively huge bodies, as well as putting creatures into your grave for more recursion bullshit.

Other then that new Liliana is underwhelming as fuck. On and Eternal Scourge along with misthollow griffon and skaab ruinator might form the core of some exile focused midrange/aggro deck.

>it's shit unless it's some Shakespeare level bantz

your shit taste is ruining mtg

Oh gee, I'm so sorry that having Chandra, a pyromancer who solves all of her problems with fire, lighting something on fire is shit taste.

I'll just stop playing Legacy right now. I mean it's not like I've been playing since I was 2004 or anything. Obviously, my shit taste has caused MTG to go down hill.

I mean, it's not from me contributing to pack sales, since I only buy singles.

Or from me entering tournaments.

Or from me collecting cards I just happen to like.

No, it's a singular card with flavor text that actually fits someone's character.

>Oh gee, I'm so sorry that having Chandra, a pyromancer who solves all of her problems with fire, lighting something on fire is shit taste.

So, she really is just Jaya 2.0?

it counters everything on the stack via Exile and causes stifle to be used at the same time.
its pretty god damn sweet all things considered.

See, usually I hate all the Chandra flavor-text, but I actually like this one.

You see, this falvor-text has something all of Chandra's cringey flavor-texts lack: a punchline.

I got a bit of a chuckle out of it, and I hate the whole Jacetice league even being here.

I think you're over-reacting.

Fuck off, Jace is the best thing that happened to Magic both in and out of the universe.

I know you enjoy getting a rise out of people but you feigning idiocy will eventually attract actual idiots.

>cares about flavor text

You know it doesn't affect the card's playibility right

What playability? it's a two mana sorcery lightning bolt. There is no playability.

The most interesting part of that card is its flavor text.

>There is no playability
Nigger a 2 mana kill spell that hits 90% of the creatures in standard is stupid playable right now.

Avacyn and Thought Knot are pretty much the only creatures that see play that ignore it.

>Standard
Exactly. It's only playable against other unplayable stuff.

I really wish it was whenever any ability or spell made you discard, not opponents. Otherwise I'd put one in a lot of EDH decks.

That's one creamy one-drop.

I can work with this

He's right tho

Obviously

T1 this T2 discard a guy make a token T3 new lilly seems like an amazing curve. Both her abilities could be very powerful with that curve

You know, when I first read it, I took it less as 'my plan is FIRE you dumbshit' as 'did you just ask me if I have any sort of plan for anything ever'

>T3 new lilly
Why the fuck would you play Liliana and not activate again?

Why would you ever expect wizards to print a new burn spell that will make it into eternal formats?

show me a deck that uses all creatures, because there is always loads of decks that are creatureless or nearly creatureless. Spells have always been and continue to be leagues more powerful than creatures.

>vintage player detected

Full spoiler when?

>Do I really look like a planeswalker with a plan?

>making new cards so they don't reprint Incinerate which is the same thing but instant

Falkenrath Aristocrat callback card when? We vampire players need some love.

That's fake right?

>STILL no eldrazi dragon
Shame, I really like the design of Innistrad's dragons

the art is real, still unknown if its an actual card though

Seems pretty sweet. Probably modern playable in the right deck.

Oh look, the red mythic goes to a vampire

You wanted what, a Devil?

That would actually be cool to see

oh shiiiieet. if they five us another two-drop then tribal zombies might become a thing guys

How does this help in BR vamps? I'm having trouble making room since Murder's back

madness enabler

Is it worth it though? Lightning Axe is already taking up space

Here's the list:

Creature (29)

3x Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4x Falkenrath Gorger
4x Heir of Falkenrath Flip
3x Incorrigible Youths
2x Indulgent Aristocrat
2x Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
4x Olivia, Mobilized for War
3x Olivia's Bloodsworn
4x Ravenous Bloodseeker

Land (23)

2x Evolving Wilds
4x Foreboding Ruins
6x Mountain
4x Smoldering Marsh
7x Swamp

Instant (8)

4x Fiery Temper
2x Lightning Axe
2x Ultimate Price

Sideboard (15)

2x Duress
3x Fiery Impulse
2x Grasp of Darkness
3x Transgress the Mind
2x Ultimate Price
3x Visions of Brutality

could replace duress in your sideboard

Thalia is playable in Modern and Legacy

and into my zombie deck it goes.

NOW MY DECK IS COMPLETE
4 Gravecrawler
4 Geralf Messenger
4 Festering Goblin
4 Carrion Feeder
3 Nantuko Husk
4 Undead Warchief
4 Gelmpalm Polluter
4 Tragic Slip
3 Cryptbreaker
4 Blood Artist :( (I mean I could put in the Diregraf Captain but he is blue)

God that card is shit. I miss bolt so badly

its fucking obvious that she meant "my plan is FIRE you dumbshit"

that other shit you said is retarded autism and ima pretend you didnt poison my mind with it

No Gary? No recursion? No Cover of Darkness?

>2004+ years old
If your taste isn't shit then why do you spend your immortal lifetime posting on a mongolian vision tavern?
Checkmate bitch.

An eldrazi dragon or an eldrazi devil would be rad as shit.

We already have a rare eldrazi vampire. Do we really need two?

Gary's manacost is too high.
Cover of Darkness is not really necessary and i have no idea what recursion is.

because the zombies are only 2/2 when opponents can be playing a 2/3 for 2 or a 3/3 for 2. lili lets you get in safely or lets you trade.

recursion = ways of getting creatures from grave into your hand. death denied and grim harvest are examples.

If you can stomach navigating through Wizard's bloated Eldritch Moon page there are a couple more callback pieces of art that still haven't shown up on cards yet. I think chances are good since one of them (prey upon) did turn up on a card.

Mark my words, the new Lili will be modern playable in decks like grixis Delver in the SB.

That's a very good act, what do you call yourselves?

You know what we need for Innstrad
youtube.com/watch?v=WPUSa424SPQ

Do you have a link?

>recursion = ways of getting creatures from grave into your hand. death denied and grim harvest are examples.
Ah, I have one copy of the Onslaught Zombie land also Gravewalker is all I need for recursion.

Zombie fun?

How could anyone possibly think that.

>Wee Dragonauts but shit

I like to think that Ludevic wrote the notes that made it into this flavor text.

This looked like hot garbage at first glance, but the more I look at it the more I like it. You pretty much have to emerge it, though.

... That a reprinted.

Problem is people compare her to her veil version when the new lili goes into a different kind of deck.

Its a 3 mana planeswalker that protects itself and gains you value as the game goes on. A deck for her might not exist now but she will eventually see play in modern.

She is kinds like the new tamiyo in that the cost and effects are good but it doesn't have a home yet.

I like how it's very technobabble for the first bit, and then not so for the last bit.

Dank.

>BG plant zombie
>no recursive abilities
>instead you get a weird fucking alpha strike ability if you have delerium

????

Where the Diregraf Colossus at?

Why would you play this new Liliana over LotV?

Yes. We don't have core sets anymore so we will be getting tons of reprints during each block. You should go into every future set fully expecting half of its card slots to be standard must-haves like divination shock and 3cmc pacifism.

Love it.

Kek

>She is kinds like the new tamiyo in that the cost and effects are good but it doesn't have a home yet.
>3 mana for a repeatable -2/-1
>doesn't kill goyf
>doesn't kill delver
>doesn't kill finks
>spellskite, swiftspear, nacatl, ooze
>the minus ability that is irrelevant and if you ever use it you're likely to lose Liliana to bolt
>her ultimate is a 4 mana enchantment that doesn't even do anything the turn you use it

Now Tamiyo
>4 mana in a powerful color combination
>auto wins versus merfolk
>card advantage even if she dies
>breaks board stalls
>basically keeps two creatures out of combat permanently
>her ult is a 3 mana sorcery and a 10 mana enchantment and reads "win the game"

Now tell me what kind of deck needs a planeswalker that doesn't answer anything relevant in standard with a useless ultimate and poor recursive abilities? And don't say Delver again because holy shit it doesn't need this card.