Warhammer 40k General

Pop Art edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/05/photogalleries/glowing-animal-pictures/
youtu.be/ihhv9dWOKpc
youtube.com/watch?v=L7NwNOE_iGE
youtube.com/watch?v=DISrzMTwBAo
youtu.be/jwQM3Nbrr6U?t=248
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Marvel vs Warhammer

Worth it to build a DA termi company master with lightning claw and power fist? Claw for lower T and fist for high toughness opponents.

I have one termi with lightning claws I got with others off eBay. Thinking of trimming the claws off one arm.

I am raptor user

Has anyone got the Start Collecting formation for Space Marines?
I have nothing to do with my terminator captains. I don't even have a color scheme for this guy yet.

Only somewhat related, Is only the first company captain a terminator for the most part? Do other captains in most chapters tend to use terminator armor?

Cause I kinda feel like it's no, and that's kinda why I have no interest in the start collecting marines box. I wouldn't know what to do with him either.

What's yer chapter?

Chapter Masters and 1st Company are the only ones who have been shown to use terminator suits. I'm sure all captains are qualified to use one though.

WHat color would a nid hive be if they didn't particular like being a very bright color.

Is this 100% accurate? I need to know just in case I have to redo this.

Does anyone have retro pictures of space marine scouts?

I'd like to model mine with mohawks, facepaint, and armored legs but I don't have reference pics anymore.

Camoflauge for whatever world they land on (so the color of your terrain).

If we take DoW 2 as an example I think that if the marines are qualified that they can break out the armor if they need to.

Some of the rarer chapters may use terminator captains in other companies due to their nature. For example Carcharodons who the narrator says may have scouts and terminator command squads in every company so each ship/company can act individually in case the mother fleet isn't around to help it out

I may be brand new and not have any kind of terrain. The local shop has a generic broken down city terrain though

Ox blood carapace and dark grey skin. Actually stealing it for when I get some Nids later this year.

Paint your Nids in bright neon lights. Just because the city is broken down doesn't mean all of the lights are down. If that doesn't move you do it for science.

Surely your army has some kind of sand or grass on its base.

I was bored.

SWEET RAVE NID PARTY

I was going to chime in with Ultranids, but hey, I don't think Ultramarines are too bright, but not too dim either.

Kek.

For reference

not yet, i just finished building them yesterday and havnt even bought any paints yet. I would have asked wip but they're more helpful when i'm actually doing the work, not coming up with ideas

Wouldn't that be similar to one of the official hive fleet schemes?

please be bored more

>S3
lmao enjoy wounding on 5's

I knew I had this still with me.
Nice work, Inker.

This?

The other pic.

Oh yeah. I'll take whatever you've got.

I remember one pic in particular that had several chapters on the cover of a WD.

this is so 80s my computer started playing Huey Lewis.

I've read my Space Bible enough to know how this pans out.
I don't know that picture, user.

Did someone say Rave Party?

The new Sylvaneth models are making me want to start an AoS army. Help me, /40k/!

The nids have broken into the secret labs:
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/05/photogalleries/glowing-animal-pictures/

Please make more.

Trust in the Mechanicus, user. You know you want to make a 30k Mechanicus army. Praise the Omnissiah.

You're now invited to the party.
Carp will beat your family to death if you do.

when can we expect leaks for this week's WD? I need to know whether that cocktease about Heresy will be new stuff or repackaged Calth.

Well I don't NEED to know. I'm just bored this week. and lonely. help.

Yeah, instead of having lame tree mechs get yourself some actual mechs.

Oh god, once I get the SoB fixdex into a somewhat polished state, I think I'm going to need you to draw custom art for the datasheets just like that.

Your options are to wait for Grishnak or be harassed for buying Raging Heroes.

use them as exodite someting, maybe wraithgu..
wait not those, something else

Offical noise marine aproved rave anthem for this thread youtu.be/ihhv9dWOKpc

For shits and giggles I tried to make an Eldar list based on what units I think look good.

Would it be functional?

Autaurch - 130
Wings
Blaster
Banshee Mask
Firesabre

Farseer - 100

Troops - 120
Rangers 2x

Heavy Support - 180
War Walkers
Scatter Lasers

Heavy Support - 180
War Walkers
Scatter Lasers

Heavy Support - 180
War Walkers
Scatter Lasers

Swooping Hawks Aspect Host - 348
+1 Model and Exarch with Hawk's Talon

Banshee Aspect Host - 255
Exarch with Executioner

1493/1500

Found it.

Guys I made my hive tyrant with wings and a bonesword/whip....did I goof? I was sort of using his psychic moves as ranged damage but it's kind of a seperate phase now so idk.

do it

GW is actually fixing sigmar now

Holy slashed doublets, Azrael

Love it.

Do drills and hime cut go with Eldar y/n?

I'm flattered user.

Hime 100%, not really sold on the drills.

every time I think of tyranid attack I want to pick up some classic scouts to paint

... and then I remember what the classic scouts looked like. There's some good conversions I've seen, but jesus I always forget how bad they were.

about how many points is the scion start collecting box? I am thinking of putting together an army with the following setup

>max out the command squad with the medic guy and four volley guns or plasma guns, put them in cover with the do-nothing commissar and have them blast away at stuff while barking orders
>minimum strength troop squad with 2 special weapons as an absolute suicide squad, because the formation lets them respawn
>teleport homer on the truck
>have two or three of these
>and an inquisitor and friends for psychic support and maybe more transports, maybe more fire support with servitors and monkeys

Any major changes I should make to this?

This is just a garage game list, but I'd like to know if anything should be restructured.

>I am thinking of putting together an army
so download the codex and figure it out yourself

How are IG Mortar teams? I just got the Start Collecting box, and I either want to make the Heavy Weapons team into an Autocannon team or a Mortar team. Both look cool to me, so I wanted a second opinion.

mortars are bad
autocannons are good

don't take Heavy Bolters, they cost as much as Autocannons but can't threaten nearly as much. The one thing they have over the Autocannon is 1 more shot, but you lose so much more for the same point cost. Mortars are just outclassed by Wyverns for the same job of horde removal.

>mortars are bad

I'll show you! I'll show all of you!

>makes 100 small blast template list

Real talk, autocannons are probably the superior tactical choice, but mortars are amazing.

1. Cheap as hell
2. Abuse the shit out of barrage to hammer in an unreasonable amount of saves on top of the enemy's hq's and warlords to snipe them out. They will not enjoy this and it can be done in the safety of behind line of sight breaking terrain.

for those of you not in the WIP thread I got this in my email, enjoy

take thudd guns, or heavy mortars, or literally any of the tank mounted artillery

regular mortars are just fucking bad, yo

Nice, thanks user.

>would it be functional?
no

How many points are the Start collecting army? My friend wants to do a small skirmish thing with his Start Collecting army but I dont have a Start Collecting so I want to make sure the points are equal.

it varies depending on the faction and which optional upgrades you select, but most are around 400 points

the cadian box is a lot fewer points than the others

Ah ok, thank you.

Wyverns do the same job but better in every possible way: Damage, range and accuracy all better than mortar teams. Hell even the price per shot is better on the Wyvern. There is not a single reason to take a mortar squad over a squadron of Wyverns. Take a full squadron of 3 and give cast misfortune on whatever you want to die. Anything from ork super-mobs to Terminators will evaporate.

examples:

>Skiitari
data priest duder... I forget

100+ pts for 10 rangers, no other upgrades... usually people run them with special weapons which add a lot of points

90+ for a naked dunecrawler... upgrades can add up quick

so about 350 depending on upgrades, but the units in the box are pretty good so they can get by with a little less

>Chaos Space Marines
105+ points - chaos lord with terminator armor. Extra upgrades can cost even more points, especially weapon options

140+ points - 10 chaos space marines with no special weapons or upgrades. with special weapons and upgrades these guys can be as many as 250 points, but that is seldom worth it

100+ points for the helbrute. Giving him different guns can drive up the points.

You could make the CSM box be maybe 550 points by purchasing EVERY upgrade, but that'd be a very poor 550 point army as CSM upgrades are very inefficient. Better to keep them around 350-400 and only purchase the most impactful upgrades.

I don't know the other boxes as well and I'm tired, but yeah

>There is not a single reason to take a mortar squad over a squadron of Wyverns.

Wanting to spend all your Heavy Support slots on Leman Russes?

That is what Command tanks are for. And if you're that desperate for tanks you can take the formation from Cadia for LODESATANKS

But what if you also want your infantry to shoot barrage weapons so that your whole army including the wyverns shoot barrage weapons so everyone can shoot barrage weapons because you're a nutcase?

It isn't necessarily wanting dozens of tanks, but wanting to field a few broken down into individual squadrons of one so you can spread their fire around better. I'm not disagreeing that Wyverns outclass mortar teams in every single way, but mortars do have a very niche role in that they let you get some barrage weapons into the list if your HS slots are doing other things.

>so everyone can shoot barrage weapons because you're an Imperial Guard player?

Fixed

just give into it

What should I build from my Imperial guard heavy support squad in my renegades and heretic army? I don't really have any heavy support besides a Wyvern and a single mistake launcher that I got from a friend. But they have such low BS that lascannons doesn't seem worth it. Instead I'm opting for mortars, what do you guys think I should them as?

Mistake = missile

I suck at typing today it seems.

You can buy +1BS. its called militia training.
BUT heavy weapon teams are...strange in R&H
If you take only HWT its a heavy support slot, which is already bad. The teams are very vulnerable, which is worse.
So you either take some autocannons in a large infantry squad for 'ablative' wounds (They are 3pts/model!) or you can try the elite choice for small 5guy teams with BS4 who do not cost much despite having only a single heavy weapon. Use the latter for higher value shots (lascannons, missile launchers). Remember you can fire the HWT out of chimeras making it sweet cheap dakka-transports.

A full squad of missles and autocannons.

Milita Training with autocannons and Tzeentch devotion is not-bad, certainly the best they have available. It becomes a decent unit that can do emergency anti-air when it needs to

Are Black Templars a good faction to play as?
If not, are there any other Crusader/Knight themed armies I can read up on?

So slow

>tfw not Power Noise music

youtube.com/watch?v=L7NwNOE_iGE

Dark angels rule. Plus they have a sweet Viking vs knights thing going on.

Black Templars are marines, so they're fine. They miss out psyker toys in exchange for special melee squads as troops with the option of a heavy support vehicle as a dedicated transports, extra meat shields in said squads, and they're better at running at things. Their special characters are alright too. They're also better at shrugging off psyker's attacks but most people just buff their own units so it doesn't come up a lot. Unless you're going for a more choppy marine build you're probably better off playing other chapter tactics but even if you just play like vanilla without psykers you won't really be hurting yourself given that marines are good overall.

Other than that you can look into sisters of battle, certain inquisitor builds could probably do it, imperial knights, and grey knights. Tertiary dark angels because they have some other fluff stuff going on that they're more focused on.

youtube.com/watch?v=DISrzMTwBAo

Had anyone come across any decent homebrew formation rules for the Start Collecting! Demons boxes?

>we'll never get poofy sleeved scouts ever again

Come on, seriously, FW. Get on it.

youtu.be/jwQM3Nbrr6U?t=248

Grishnak when, and for how much?

750 point summer event at my local GW - how badly am I going to get melted?
Cast of Players
Death Jester
Shadowseer (ML2, MoS)
Troupe (2xEmbrace)

Allied DE
Archon (WWP, AoM, PGL)
Warriorsx5

Allied C:E
Farseer
3x Windriders (scat)
3x Shadow Spectre (Exarch)

746 total

I know it lacks anti tank - but I don't expect much of that at 750

Where can I get cheap centurions? I want to make pic related to proxy as paladins, but they're all super expensive I don't mind recast

Dude i doubt anyone has made that and no one's going to let you just invent your own formations outside of a very casual game.

Nurgle is strong and all that shit is useful, just field some curse of the wulfen formations with it

Is there any decent HQ to take to attach to vespid?

coldstar is the only one that can do the 12" jump move, but is otherwise shit, the only option i can think of right now is use shadowsun to infiltrate them with 2+ cover until thier turn, then attach shadowsun to a deepstrike unit or something

Short answer: no
Long asnwer: Sorry, no. You already pretty much stated your options. You could stick your buffmander in there but the use you would get from it isnt worth it.

Completely brutalised. I don't see any sort of coherent army there, it's just a scattering of random models. At the very least, drop the Dark Eldar detachment. Stacking the Armour of Misery and Mask of Secrets is a fun gimmick in larger games where you've got points to kill, but in smaller lists you need to focus on the essentials.

How is banner of blood and instrument of chaos for bloodletters/bloodcrushers in Khorne Demonkin? Good or waste of points?

Still new and looking to assemble some bloodletters.

Is there a lore reason for why the Black Templars would have Cataphracti armor, or are those relics only kept by former Legions?