Neat

neat

Escalate

Target player discards all cards in his or her hand, then draws that many cards.

United Resistance deals 4 damage to target creature.

United Resistance deals 3 damage to target opponent.

Neater
> Escalate 1 Mana
> Target player discards all cards in his hand, then draws that many cards
> United Resistance deals four damage to target creature.
> United Resistance deals three damage to target opponent.

this card is actually pretty sweet

idgaf about the spider, although it would be pretty good in limited

git rekt fagit

Hi I'm fucking Mark Rosewater

We care about our limited enviornment a lot when it comes to prerelease experience, and we want to make sure everyone is having a good time.

So enjoy the fucking mythics we shit out on a daily basis like , which could easily be a common and nobody would know the difference outside the addition of a few keywords.

Holy fuck kill me if this is literally what Maro said we "wanted" I'm gonna shoot a man with four of mainboarded.

I like this, but as a Legendary? At Mythic? That's absurd. It should be a non-legendary rare.

excuse me more relevant in limited spider coming through

>which could easily be a common
No it couldn't. I mean, it isn't mythic worthy, but there is no need to exaggerate.

>Hi I'm fucking Mark Rosewater
Right now?

If it wasn't legendary, I could see it being one of those overcosted bulk uncommons.

if the delirium ability scaled at all, like if it were a spider spawning, it might have been good.

Considering the somewhat overcosted ability that relies on something that could be so easily be negated through non-blue means I can easily say without a doubt this is a fringe common card, if not uncommon.

Nothing about this design feels "mythic" or even rare. It just feels like something they slapped a mythic tag on to add reach and a legendary tag to give it a namesake that holds some lore relevance.

m-mom? where's dad?

I can agree with that. But saying it's a common is pushing it.

Why does he have such a small body?
Why only 3 fucking 1/2?
Why the hell does that ability cost so much?

Because the card won't warp standard if it's bad

This set is pretty shit.

predicting only gisela, the new counterspell, and the 1 time use birthing pod will see any play

Bleurgh, pass.

I feel like a lot of this set is really good. It's just we've had the handful of cards that are absolute trash, especially two at mythic rarity.

the only card I want is Ulrich for EDH along with a few of the commons/uncommons.

I'm convinced Wizards just hates Spiders and finds every opportunity to make terrible Spider cards.

Spiders have always been the "fuck flying" commons of sets for limited. They've never been anything more.

Literally anyone who asked for a legendary spider is a meme-loving fuck.

Yes! Finally I can have a Commander spider tribal deck.

Now kiss

I'd take a reprint of silklash rather than this shit

Man first Ulrich now this, Wizards can't design a sought after legendary worth shit.

I genuinely feel bad for the spiderbros, at least werewolves CAN be fun when they have their rare Christmas land play. Your creature type is doomed to be a meme deck.

Delirium should give you a spider for each creature in your yard at least and the 6B thing should make every opponent lose life instead of lol target player nonsense but I guess I expect too much from our shekelord.

gisela, eldritch evolution, decimator of the provinces, possible providence for the chance of a turn 2 serra ascendant online in modern, bant doubling season/superfriends might play tamiyo in modern, emrakul's evangel looks like a finisher for token decks, emrakul could see play in tron, and so on
The set overall is better than average, especially for a small sized set, it's just it's either you pull a super good $30 card, or a 50ยข mythic.

Just have the damn spider give your opponents' creatures flying and some ability that works against flying creatures. It's not hard for fuck's sake.

>Wizards can't design a sought after legendary worth shit
Avacyn?

Ulrich should have been something else, but is at the very least perfectly playable. By all means, he should be interacting with transform itself as a mechanic, but having two decent abilities on both sides is reminiscent of huntmaster of the fells.
This is literally just an uncommon they slapped the legendary tag on, gave a fancy name, and made mythic.

This is fucking excellent.

Rarity isn't just about power levels; it's also about complexity and use. I can see the argument for uncommon, but it's probably too niche for common. Plus, not every mythic has to be or should be amazing. Not every card is specifically for you.

I didn't realize Avacyn was a creature that hasn't been represented and been clamored for by fans to be given a card.

Oh wait, she's a central character to innistrad and wasn't sought after because everyone knew she was coming anyway.

What do you even mean by "sought after"?

Two BG legends in the same block. Disappointing.

In the same way the legendary werewolf and legendary spider are sought after.

They didn't exist and people kept asking and asking for it.

It's 5 mana for a conditional army of 3 when fucking Cloudgoat Ranger exists and does it with no fuss and the spider damage thing is underpowered as fuck for casual nonsense and hurts EDH appeal. The spiders should have had deathtouch at least to be worth it.

At least Gitrog is good for something.

Rather than deathtouch I'd rather it be able to make more fucking spiders after the potential etb so that the other ability could actually be used to kill someone.

Overall I think that SoI was a far better set on average.

Speaking as a primarily EDH player, Avacyn, Nahiri, Jace, Sorin, Arlinn, the uncommon werewolves especially Duskwatch, Westvale, descend upon the sinful, relentless dead, ulvenwald hydra, seasons past, declaration in stone, traverse the ulvenwald, engulf the shore, tireless tracker, gitgud frog, tamiyo's journal, etc

the list goes on and on

>legendary spider
>soft body
>irrelevant ability
>don't even have death touch

Why?

How to fix this shit so it's at least edh playable.
>have it spawn spider tokens on etb based on the amount of card types in your grave
>make it spawn a spider token each upkeep if you have delirium
>make it a spider lord for deathtouch
>make the second ability spawn another spider token after use

Reach is common, Delirium is at common, and activated abilities like seen are at common.

While definitely not the norm, commons with three abilities do exist as recent as BfZ.

It's not strong, it's not flashy, it's not interesting, and it's not as complex as some uncommons. There is exactly zero (0) reason for this to be at mythic.

Wizards treats lords like Nintendo treats Mario party. They won't give us a traditional lord, even if that's what we want.

Doesn't do much outside of being a meme commmander

>7 mana abilty
>SEVEN MANA FOR 4 DAMAGE

You can see they wanted to do some kind of deathtouch thing (that's what spiders are all about, like drain based on numbers ? That's never happened on a spider)but if they did this would be a cheap answer to emrakul and avacyn in this set. Also if the 3 spider bodies had deathtouch this card would be comparable to the powerlevelin of hornet Queen but much cheaper (so it'd be busted strong)

So in all they decided to make it a shit mythic instead of a cool, flavourful legendary mythic Lord

>all these shit cards
Is this set even worth buying a box for anymore?

This set reminds me of Born of the Gods

It's never been worth it senpai.
The whole block is like theros teir

Opening boxes is only worth it if you are a store

>spiderbro gets cucked buy emmy and avacyn
>avacyn and emrakul get cucked by tamiyo
>tamiyo gets cucked by the jacestice league taking up monocolors

once again, we see that the scooby gang is the reason everything is terrible.

With ebay everyone can be a store

Hyperbole much.

Mythics are fine if they're terrible (WHO WOULD WANT A FUCKING CHASE MYTHIC, HOLY SHIT, ARE YOU NIGGAS RETARDED OR WHAT?), though that legend should really not be a mythic, because the design is boring as fuck.

A card like Providence fits more the mythic thing, because it's big, bomby, and has an interesting design that makes you want to break it (even if it's actually shit).

but you're not getting the vendor discount

Well yeah, but unless you get from WotC directly or from wholesale suppliers you're not going to make banks from buying them at MSRP

>Mythics are fine if they're terrible
So whats supposed to be good?

>buy box for ~$100USD
>cards opened estimated value ~$70USD
>sell cards individually
>ebay takes a percentage
>paypal takes a percentage
>postage costs money
>have to sell cards at under market value to get anyone to buy your market-flooded jank
>make ~$50 per box
>?????
>profit!

Rares and uncommons

commons and uncos, nigga.

i bet you're going to post bitching about the price of staples later, too.

We need chase mythics to sell packs. That's why stuff like Gisela who is uncommon level complexity outside of meld gets pushed to mythic

No, providence is a rare teir card.
Wizards actual design logic (unless you look at what the actual truth is (how many packs can we sell)) is mythics are more complex than a rare.
Eg: persistent nightmare. It interacts with the graveyard, is both a creature or a sorcery, with an activated ability on one side. There's a lot to that card.
Emrakul could be considered mythic, because mind slaver effects have insane amounts of rulings to them.
The werewolf or this spider could have been rare

what time does the wizads website update? i want my spoilers so i can go to bed.

>So whats supposed to be good?
Any card? Since I'm a poorfag, I would say common, but you know, whatever.

>Wizards actual design logic (unless you look at what the actual truth is (how many packs can we sell)) is mythics are more complex than a rare.
No, what they've said is that mythics are cards with interesting design, cards that just would wreck Limited, and stuff like Planeswalkers, or big showy cards. I think Providence fits the "interesting design" part, as well as the "wrecks Limited so hard" part.

So, why did they make the mythic rarity again?

> Not every card is specifically for you.
Who exactly is this card pandering to?
Because I'm sure as fuck even EDHfags are disappointed by it.

LIMITED BALANCING sell more packs make more kekles

to make 1 good mandatory-run mythic per set and the rest trash to make you buy more boxes to get it.

The cynic would tell you "sell more packs".
The optimist would tell you "so they can print cards that would wreck Limited at rare".
The fool would tell you that "opening Mythics is so fucking cool!".

Me, I'd say all of the above.

This shit is a step down from Siege-Gang Commander in both cost and usefulness. It's crap.

I work for my lgs and every time a set comes out I get paid to open a case so we can sell singles. I just use my employee discount to buy whatever I want from that and the rest online. On top of that my boss gives me spare promos from the set as an added bonus.

I stopped buying boxes a long time ago but still manage to get the cards I want while also satisfying the urge to crack packs and saving money.

They should reprint shit like this or at least similiar and cheaper if they expect the spider to be playable in standard.

There are at least two other spoiler threads up right now (one in autosage) you should have posted in those. Also, there should be "Spoiler" somewhere in the title here so people can find it.
I don't want to have to watch in three or more threads for the same topic.

Could have at least hit all opponents. Why bother making mythic legends if they're not even good in EDH? This isn't being played anywhere else anyway

Honestly, being able to turn a mass of tokens into repeated life loss is pretty good.

Spider also gives you a massive amount of toughness, which can be useful.

>for one more mana you get twice as much damage

wew

>wahh
>wah waaaah

you know how spoiler season works

That ability costs 7 s e v e n fucking mana. If the best thing you can do for 7 mana in a Delirium Graveyard deck is to hope your 5 drop survives and beat your opponent with 3 power and tapping out for 4 damage then something is fucking wrong with you and your opponent.

>mass tokens
>3
>7 fucking mana

>The cynic would tell you "sell more packs".
This is the only true on though it seems, look at eternal masters or reprints of some cards like platinium angel, why move previous rare cards to mythic if not to sell more boxes?

Yes, instead of looking if there is already a thread for spoilers people continuously make new ones and people end up having to follow multiple threads for the same content.
Which is shit.

I know it's a different color and all, but still.

>MTG babies don't know the WotC paradigm of "shit set follows broken set"

>KILL IT WITH FIRE
nice

SoI was shit so i don't understand what is getting released here.

sometimes WotC have to pull the rare "follow a mediocre set with a shit set" maneuver in order to lower the power level enough so that they can release a mediocre set afterwards and have people think it is good.

>green and black
Totally worth it even of the ability is shit. Can't wait to run a golgari deck with that spider bitch and that card with flashback that puts spiders onto the battlefield equal to the number of creatures in all graveyards. It's not very hard to get 20 spiders.

what was the broken set then?

wotc has released 98% shit sets consistently, since fucking lorwyn

How long are they planning on lowering the power level of sets? Outside of Khans and the few busted eldrazi from Oath almost every set has been shit since Theros

But it's very easy to get them all boardwiped before you activate a 7 fucking-mana ability.

>edh
>green and black
>having trouble pulling 7 mana

kek of the morning to ye, guv'na!

>ignoring the whole "survives" core verb

if you can pull that much mana out of your ass that easily, then your opponents would be able to also retard

>Can't even produce tokens

This shit has delirium but still can shit out tokens everytime it attacks. Yet this card doesn't see constructed play

>doesn't exile four random cards from your graveyard
>doesn't give the token the same ability

missed opportunities fampai.

So the spider is trash, is she at least relevant in the lore?

>spending your seven mana on 4 damage
>meanwhile zur has already stuffed your bunghole seven times

>b-b-b-b-but what if they exile your grave yard!

It's always a what-if game. But when you do pull it off, and bitches like you get salty as fuck it makes me rock hard for days.