HOLY SHIT SHE'S REALLY m e h

HOLY SHIT SHE'S REALLY m e h

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Weatherlight_Saga_in_cards
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yay it's Innocent Blood! Only more expensive!

Library of Leng, pack your bags!

Legendary spider? LEGENDARY SPIDER! Fire up those memedecks!

It's Mindbreak Trap! Only not free! Plus, Stifle!

Sooooo is this going to be the next Nissa or should I just toss it in the garbage now?

SHIT CARD

>FUCK THIS STACK

At least she's cute.

i got excited ..... for this???? WTF arts cool but holy shit that is crap

>she's hot
>card's a piece of shit

>hot shit

she's fucking terrible, who would ever run her.

>Yay it's Innocent Blood!
No, it's not.

But innocent blood makes you sacrifice a creature, too, user. Only geth's verdict in modern is a 2cmc edict with no downside.

Liliana is pretty awkward. Her + doesn't protect her very well but it can make combat tricky for your opponents, and her - is just value. I see her as more of a black-based aggro deck's value engine than the big bad threat most planeswalkers are.

still bomb in limited

also fucking terrible tier is reserved for Tibalt, she's just bad

It lacks the delicious waist.

I want to protect that smile.

>totally didn't use magic to attain that perfect face and body
>totally not

A very mediocre bomb at that.

why didn't you put MTG in the subject holy fuck learn how to make a fucking thread.

>butt mad quest fag detected

Wizards is just determined to make superfriends central to the game

holy fucking shit I hate planeswalkers.

BAHAHAHAHAGAHAAHHALSK

Well yeah. They're mobilizing Planeswalker-centric prefab decks with Kaladesh to hook in new players.
Planeswalkers are casual and fun. Stop wanting everything to be Legacy playable and accept that Wizards considers Vintage/Legacy to be "complete".
>but muh modern
Didn't Oath of the Gatewatch trash modern in a way everyone hated?

So we're on another weatherlight kick? I didn't think anyone bitched back then about Urza and pals.

Well, now we can say for sure that there is going to be a Superfriends.dec in Standard.

We already had that in Naya.

It spanned for some time, but it was not central as a whole. Maybe forced at the same levels, but with more fancy plot-related cards. See Confound for example.

>yfw you can fap to this

you're gonna need a REALLY fucked up decklist to consistently hit 2 walkers in the top 7

Confound only seems plot related because of the flavor text. The gatewatch stuff is at least overtly plot related not just through flavor text. Also, I'm not sure why people think Magic having recurring and identifiable characters is a bad thing. It honestly makes the story more interesting when it's not always a build up of someone and then we get whisked away from them for literal years because we're doing random plane hopping.

Three other spoiler threads already up, fagtard.

I know at least two were there hours before you cuz i posted one

>let's take this guy with us because I know he will try to betray us and it will justify using him as a literal human bomb
Urza was Nissa of his era.

There's bunch of stuff that can guarantee it. But most of it is not Modern legal.

Playable in Modern Dredge?

Urza was way worse. Nissa is the General Butt Naked to Urza's Staline.

>all these fags hating on planeswalkers

do you hate yourself as well? Because YOU are a planeswalker when you play this game

like what?

I kind of want to make modern superfriends

I have no doubt that somebody bitched about that in exactly the same way, with exactly the same sentiment as we currently bitch about the Jacetice League.

Somebody has always been bitching about how x bit of distracting tat isn't as special or meaningful or good as previous distracting tat, and how the distracting tat has sold out and has lost sight of what it once was.

Somebody was saying your favourite stuff was shit and lost its way and had become just for noobs etc.

The subject changes but the content stays the same. It has always been like this.

>do you hate yourself as well?
well duh, why else would I devote this much time on perfecting my strategy in a ridiculously expensive cardgame that mostly relies on luck?

not really. there are standard decklists running 8 walkers.

Divining Top, Brainstorm, Vampiric Tutor, Sylvan Library, that Odyssey thing "tutor and put third from top"

Is Lili-chan going to become Veeky Forums's latest waifu of the month?

THEY COULD HAVE REPRINTED FUCKING LILIANA OF THE VEIL BECAUSE BLACK IS SO FUCKING SHIT THIS STANDARD BUT NOPE WE GET A WORSE LILIANA THANKS MARO FUCKING KIKE

You're forgetting that Emrakul is technically a lady.

Yup

I'm at least loyal to my waifus

It's not. It's only a remnant of the Emeria thing that gets pushed way too hard by WotC for some reason.

Someone here predicted that exact fucking oath quote months ago, before SOI was even spoiled. Christ. Are we sure this is real? Is past user a real wizard?

I have no idea what to do with this in any format outside of this one interaction, but that +1, a 2/2 zombie, and skullclamp is something I suppose. So... Yippee?

Emmychan

Anons can we please start putting mtg or emn or some other searchable tag in the OP

I'm too lazy to scroll through the entire catalog finding the current mtg-related discussion thread

I don't hate planewalkers I just hate the Jacetice League.

Crtl+f

The Oath is a good card though

not Him but is it sad I'm starting to hate planeswalkers

Except that I'd have to search for "holy", "shit", "she's", "really" or "meh" to find this thread

Because they are not interesting characters.

Too strong for standard m80. Gotta protect those (((collector's))) investments.

What are the chances of Sigarda becoming a Planeswalker?

It wasn't a hard qoute to guess.
My own guess during Oath of the Gatewatch was "If it'll make you shut up, fine I'll keep watch."
I feel like I got the spirit of the qoute right.

shit and meh are both good search terms to find the thread

It's spoiler season, between "Meh" and "shit" you're set to find any op

Tamiyo is my waifu.

8 is not NEARLY enough though, you'd be looking at at least twice that amound

Fine, it's half a Barter in Blood. Besides, the self-sac clause is generally useful in the kind of deck that runs Innocent Blood.

Under current rules fucking zero. Remember she is an angel an therefore a mana construct, and has no soul to give a spark to.

Barter in Blood also make you sacrifice a creature(s).

It's a casual card for casual players, if it sees any competitive play I will literally eat my own shit.

Not only by flavor text, but by the art too.

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Weatherlight_Saga_in_cards

When they said about a new way to tell a history, tell already did it. They just couldn't accept. Now they are trying to emulate the same feel in history telling, but look at the new Gatewatch Card . It's just a random battle with two planeswalker attached in and some random flavor text.

I'm not a vorthosian guy, but I enjoyed the old way of Magic. Maybe it's just old guy rant, because the new players seem to enjoy this new tales. I just feel out of place. :

zero, she's a soulless empty husk of mana

Ob Nix is a demon. But this set already has more 'walkers than usual, no way they'd find space for yet another one.

user why are you stating the obvious

Ob Nixilis is a guy who turned into a demon, not the same

Ob Nix became a demon after becoming a planeswalker though

Nicol Bolas and Ugin are dragons.

Elder dragons aren't dragons

Barter in blood makes you sack stuff too. The card you're looking for is cruel edict.

Hits all players (apart from you).

Gatherer ruling:
>Legendary Creature — Elder Dragon
He's "Elder" and "Dragon", just like Snapcaster is "Human" and "Wizard"

So? They're not mana constructs. Karn only got one because Venser gave him his spark.

For real, what are you supposed to do with that plus one? How rare is a scenario where that actually helps?

That -2 ability is going to be a lot more fucking annoying than people are giving it credit for.

kill a dork or protect lili from 2 damage is fine on a 3 mana walker

she just has the impossible task of having to compare to LotV which could have EASILY been reprinted in the current standard

Glacian and Urza

The didn't stop Karn from becoming a Planeswalker.

Story wise that wouldn't have worked because according to the fat pack booklet she is joining the gatewatch so that she doesn't need to rely on the veil.

>-2/-1

Fucking really? It went from acceptable to shit with one toughness. I wouldn't use it. It just does not have enough punch because its sorcery speed. You cant use it as a combat trick and you cant get rid of the pesky token spam this block or the key cards in the other formats as a kill spell.

What it really says is
>+1 target creature probably wont block this combat

Odds of not hitting 2 8-ofs off the top seven presuming you haven't drawn any in 6 turns (12-13 cards drawn so far off 60) aren't too high and Bant PWs lists sometimes ran 10-12 walkers last I checked.

I thought i was the only one.

seriously, the concept is just weird, and they are either OP or useless. Having to deal with them is just annoying.

pic unrelated.

>all these people saying the -2/-1 is bad
Hey, it enables some fucking white weenie hate so I'm cool with it. It's also until your next turn so I feel it can even be compared to Flip Jace +2, which is annoying as hell but she also gives / -1 so it kills the smaller guys.

At least she is more interesting mechanically than all of last set's walkers bar Arlinn, though Tamiyo is quite a bit more interesting, though it can be difficult to judge a 3 mana walker she may end up performing better than we think right now, I mean baby Jace was considered to be shit many at first and while I don't think she is that good she might well be better than we think.

you're right but I also don't really care, I just want a LotV reprint that isn't going to by mythic in Modern Masters 3 and thus be completely inconsequential to LotV's price tag

Just make it the story that she picks up the veil for the final time to fight Emrakul, stakes sure as hell are high enough

>Odds of not hitting 2 8-ofs off the top seven presuming you haven't drawn any in 6 turns (12-13 cards drawn so far off 60)
what kind of backwards assumption is that

also what is "not too high"? 40%? Are you ok with your 6-drop spell fizzling 40% of the time?

>Liliana is a good guy now
HUE HUE SURE THING BOSS

Hello and welcome to another exciting episode of tg is bad at magic.

I wish we saw Garruk again.

Nope, at least 3 of the 5 iconic characters have to be female, because so many girls play mtg dontcha know?

He is easily the coolest Planeswalker with the coolest story, its just a damn shame he got memed on and turned into Green/Black. Hopefully he gets to have his revenge soon and starts hunting the current planeswalkers, he didn't deserve this.

he's gonna be there to represent green in Nicol Bolas' anti-Jacetice League

Nahiri, Tezzeret, Ob Nixilis, Garruk and either Tibalt or some new walker we're meeting on Kaladesh